What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 7/28/20 8:55 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Are the hair salons supposed to close down again? State wide or county?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 7/28/20 9:29 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Per Newsom, by county and we are on the watch list.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/28/20 6:32 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The heat is tough - I sometimes use a fan on the deck for an artificial breeze, but it really is too hot to be out there except for early and late in the day. Congratulations on the weight drop!

Yesterday I had a picnic lunch on the harbor with friends where the breeze was delightful. We were there from 1-4. Today I am already at the beach at 9:30 with my SILs meeting me at 10. Again, the breeze is fantastic.

QOTD: I was always intrigued by monkeys or maybe a zebra? The monkeys might get into too much trouble though. I guess I would have to have a stable and large yard for the zebra?

TSS: 4 years, 4 months

B: Coffee! WW one point muffin

L: tuna and cottage cheese

D: tuna burger and veggies (I am going to try yours JB!)

S:bean salad and/or strawberry cheesecake yogurt pie

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

karenp8
on 7/28/20 7:04 am - Brighton, IL

I had a friend who had a monkey I used to watch for a few days if she was gone. They are fascinating to watch but make WAY too much mess!

White Dove
on 7/28/20 8:03 am, edited 7/28/20 1:16 am - Warren, OH

During my first month of being an empty nester, I wanted something new and different. I looked into an organization that were training monkeys to help people with disabilities. They provided the monkey, the cage, and the food for two years and you worked to train the monkey.

I was serious to the point of pulling up the carpet in the sunroom so there would be just a concrete floor for the monkey's room. Somehow I talked myself out of that and got a kitten instead. Then redid the sunroom and turned it into a spare bedroom, by closing in the windows.

I had not thought much about that in years. It was 30 years ago. I just googled and see that they are still running that program.

Helping Hand Monkey Video

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 7/28/20 6:57 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good morning JB and Menuers,

Hope everyone is well and keeping cool.

I was able to resolve the car rental issue I was having with Ford and they gave me a customer service representative who is assigned to my case. I actually have a phone number, name, and can contact her direct. I am super happy and she is really nice. I was able to rent a car locally. It had to be a Ford for them to pay and I ended up with a Fusion around 5:30 last night. The young girl at the car rental place was supper sweet and hooked me up. I had to wait till 5:30 because they only had one Ford and they were waiting for it to come back. The only bummer was the last renter smoked in the car but I'd rather deal with cigarette smoke than not having a car. Ford will pay $30 a day for the car and if they get an SUV in I can upgrade but she said it doesn't look like they have any Ford SUV's expected back anytime soon. Now I just hope they can get the car fixed sooner then they expect. My husband worked for that dealership as a mechanic for over 7 years, you think they'd try to help me out. Fingers crossed.

QOTD: I'm going Sea Lion. However seeing all the bears going rouge lately I wouldn't mind curling up with one of them for a winter hibernation.

Accountability: Not bad I changed dinner to a Keto version of Salsbury Steak and Air fried sweet potatoes and I snaked on the Pizzellas and coconut whip cream.

I did find the 20 Calorie creamsicles at Aldi I may use one or two of those for a snake tonight.

TSS: 2 years 7 Months and 16 days 135.8 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos triple zero salted caramel, mixed berry's

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato

L: Chicken bratwurst and Roasted cauliflower.

D: Stuffed zucchini.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been great. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: 3 Mile run (Done)

Everybody have a Great day.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 7/28/20 7:26 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I wore pants yesterday. We hired a new Executive Director for the non-profit that I serve, and we decided to have an in-person Board meeting for the first time since COVID started.

I've been to a couple of stores for which I wore either sweatpants or shorts, and I'm pretty sure that I wore jeans to my two dentist appointments. Every now and then, I throw on a pair of jeans and a dress shirt for a video call or Friday happy hour. But yesterday was the first day of full-on pants since at least March 9th.

I wore black slacks and a golf shirt. How does it feel to wear pants? In a word, hot. I'm back to gym shorts today. Also, black dress shoes.

The meeting itself was a disaster. Less than half of the people came live, it was in a basement, nobody on the call could hear, the, when we tried to call in from the basement, all of the phones in the basement created feedback and echoes. We're back to Zoom for the next meeting.

QOTD: If Madison Rose can have an Elephant, I'm getting a Rhinoceros.

Breakfast: Sausage and cottage cheese

Snack: protein bar

lunch: Hamburger

Snack: nuts

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 7/28/20 8:21 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Pants are so overrated in 2020.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

supershopper
on 7/28/20 7:38 am

hi all

late post for me- work is a little crazy this week- worked till later last night - hoping this isn't the trend for the next few weeks as my prject is close to going live.

QOTD: a sloth.. fascinating- but l love red pandas also.

food plan today:

b: egg/spinach/ egg/protein powder

b2: shake OR mussels/stir fry veggies

l1: mussels/stir fry if I don't have before or TUNA

l2: tuna or chicken

d1: chicken

s: protein pancake?

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

catwoman7
on 7/28/20 7:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well it was supposed to be a moderate temp, no rain week, but now they're saying there's a chance of rain this afternoon or evening. Poop. Well, at least it's only supposed to be 84 (not as good as 79, but acceptable). I guess I'll have to bike this morning if I'm going to do it...and I should since I missed this past weekend because it was way too hot and humid.

I have no other plans for today, so I may watch the movie we're supposed to discuss at my film discussion group (although we don't meet for another two weeks), and I'll finish listening to those "Missing Richard Simmons" podcasts that JB mentioned (listened to the first one last night - interesting!!)

Accountability was great yesterday - plus I did the weight machines at the gym late morning and took a 90-minute bike ride after dinner. Weight is lower this morning than it's been since September, but I'm not going to get too excited yet - it could bounce back up a lb or two tomorrow - seems to happen a lot after I have a "low" day....

QOTD: I love watching the big cats, monkeys, and lemurs - but I don't think I'd want any of them as pets. I also love sheep and goats, so I'll go with those. Not really zoo animals - unless we count the children's petting zoo area. I wouldn't want them in the house - but I'd be fine with them in the yard. Plus then DH probably wouldn't have to mow so often!

TSS: 5 y 1 m

B: L&F lemon yogurt with fresh blueberries, 2 thin rice cakes (actually, quinoa cakes) each topped with 1 T chocolate hummus, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: cottage cheese with diced mango (I might mix the cottage cheese with some Splenda and cinnamon after seeing Jen's post - I forgot how good cottage cheese when it's sweetened and has some cinnamon in it!)

AS: I bought some diet root beer yesterday because I was thinking about root beer floats (bad I know - but....Halo Top). So I might have one of these with the Aldi's equivalent of vanilla Halo Top. Not very nutritious (although there's some protein in there), but something fun once in awhile isn't a bad thing - it keeps things interesting and therefore, keeps me from wandering too far off track

D: 1/2 a wrap made with low carb lavash, grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, and a spread made with plain Greek yogurt with ranch dressing mix. Also, 1/2 C of cole slaw with Asian-style dressing

have a great day, everyone!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 2 views