I think I might have an ulcer?

Tidgel
on 7/29/20 10:40 am
RNY on 04/15/19

I have never had an ulcer before but I am starting to think I might now. I am a little over one year post-op (RNY). I am experiencing pain in my stomach area and I am nauseous often and very tired all the time. I know my symptoms can mimic other issues but an ulcer is the first thing that comes to mind. Have any of you had an ulcer after gastric bypass? If so, what has been the treatment? I have an appointment to see my doctor August 10th so I will be following up.

momyshaver
on 7/30/20 5:11 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I have had issues with marginal ulcers. It could be an ulcer but I am a little over 3 years out and having some symptoms that are similar and when GI scoped me yesterday there were was not ulceration at the anastomosis. There can be ulcers further down so if they don't find anything on one end many times they will investigate it through colonoscopy or a barium series, ( I was told by a nurse). Nausea can be a sign of a motility issue and anemia is common enough ... pain is often a vague concept to many Drs. Keep pushing for answers but don't be surprised if it is a frustrating road seeking answers. If you see black stool, (poop) get in to the Dr. IMMEDIATELY

Tidgel
on 7/30/20 7:22 am
RNY on 04/15/19

I had to look up the word motility. I have not heard of that before. I am slightly anemic according to my doctor. I have a habit of self-diagnosing myself so it may not be an ulcer at all. The internet searches can sometimes not be my friend! LOL.

Sounds like it has been a tough road for you in getting answers. I will not be surprised if it is the same with me. It took the doctors over a year to find out that I had kidney stones years ago. This is not the same pain or location as that. I will keep pushing for answers!

Lucile777
on 8/2/20 11:28 am

I had a pretty severe ulcer immediately after stopping Prevacid usage at 6 months. I couldn't even keep water down and the pain was pretty bad. I was hospitalized and meds fixed it. I am still on acid meds 3 years out.

RNY Oct. 27/17. HW 289; SW 285; GW 144; LW: 161 CW: 196 FML: Fighting regain :(

Tidgel
on 8/11/20 10:37 am
RNY on 04/15/19

I am sorry to hear this. I hope you are feeling much better. I have heard that long-term use of Prevacid is not good. I have been on that medication before but just briefly.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 198 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?