What's on your Thursday Menu?

MadisonRose
on 7/30/20 3:56 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! Today is my first official day working from the beach. Wish I didn't have to work and could be doing other fun things with the family, but it's a dreary rainy day here so not much we can do anyway. So might as well work! Had a wonderful day of shopping yesterday and got a lot of great stuff! Best of all I got my mini keurig for the RV and had me a cup of delicious coffee last night! Accountability was decent yesterday. So far no heavy splurging on food like I did last vacation so hopefully this continues!

QOTD: Haha maybe in my dreams!

B: coffee w/Splenda x 2 and a L&F Greek yogurt with fruit

L: leftover broiled seafood from dinner last night

D: TBD

S: fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 7/30/20 4:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm supposed to meet a friend at 7:30 to take a bike ride to a coffee shop (that seems to be standard when I ride with her - she likes a coffee shop destination as a "treat". Well, I do as well - although I only seem to do that when I ride with her!). I don't know why, but I was so worried about oversleeping that I woke up at 3:00 - then 4:00 - and then 5:00 am (got out of bed at 5:00). I usually get up around 6:00 or at the latest, 7:00, so it really wouldn't have been an issue (although I would have had to have scrambled if I got up at 7:00...but I still would have made it!). Oh well - it gave me lots of time for email, etc before heading out.

nothing else on the agenda for today - but it's supposed to be a nice day again, so I really should try to maximize my time outside.

QOTD: ha - no. I haven't tried doing them for awhile, but I could maybe do 10.

TSS: 5 y 1 m

B: lemon/blueberry yogurt pie, coffee with half & half

MS: probably an iced latte made with 2% milk and SF Torani syrup. Since it'll be earlier than usual, I may have something else when I get home - like a L&F yogurt

L: salad with light dressing and 1-2 Costco chicken skewers

AS: Greek yogurt with fruit (1/4 diced mango & raspberries, probably...). Maybe a skinny bagel with light cream cheese, too.

D: 2-3 oz of grilled salmon plus 1/2 C cole slaw made with Asian-style dressing

as usual, I have SF Jello and SF popsicles (and Aldi's "creamsicles"), grapes, and baby carrots for extra snacks if needed...

karenp8
on 7/30/20 5:00 am - Brighton, IL

Raining here right now and probably all day but Miss Lily and I walked a mile in it anyway. We'll do more later and if I need to,I may hit the dreadmill. Yes that's my name for it. I really would rather walk in the rain! QOTD no way. My shoulders and arms would never hold up. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.4 today. Busy day taking son to PT,grocery shopping so he has food in the house when we leave Saturday am and laundry at some point. Gee,I'm busy. I also need to start organizing things that need to go with us when we leave(we hope)Saturday. The not knowing for sure till tomorrow at 11 is nerve racking so I refuse to eat my feelings today. It's a good thing I'll be busy! Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 cup loaded baked potato soup D 4 oz burger with cheese and no bun. Have a great day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

Christina135
on 7/30/20 5:09 am

Good morning!

QOTD - No. But now, I want to try to see how many I can do. However, after two days of soreness just from holding my sister's baby for a couple of hours, I'm going to wait a while to validate my strength.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee, topo chico, etc.

Lunch - tofu/kale/soyrizo scramble with vegan cheese, mandarin and strawberries on side

Snack - fruit smoothie if I can (yesterday the fruits did not sit well)

Dinner - we have the kids (YAY!) but I think we are saving pizza night for Fri or Sat. Not sure what we will do tonight.

I'm excited it's the kids weekend again. It gives me other humans to focus on and take care of. They are really self sufficient but it's still nice having them here...hearing their video games, conversations and just being able to hug them.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Partlypollyanna
on 7/30/20 5:19 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning!! It's my Friday and I"m already two meetings done in my day of back to back, don't even have time to pee, meetings. Ready for 2PM!

JB - it's so hard to figure out what the right thing to do is..it feels like there's risk in visiting (illness) and risk in not visiting (mental). Tough days.

QOTD -- I just did 25 and was struggling on the last two so going with NOPE. Would join a strength challenge for sure. My two workout goals for 2020 were to be able to do a pull up and a handstand. I've done several TRX handstands but have a ways to go on both.

Menu today is the coffee with half and half X3, ever roast deli chicken and slice of cheese, carbmaster cottage cheese and I scoped out a restaurant we might try tonight and if we go there dinner will be Caprese with Peaches - standard cypress but also slices of grilled peaches, doesn't that sound amazing?(This is a local farmer place, I will be curious if they are Colorado peaches or not -- we usually get amazing peaches from the western slope in August but I think the late freeze did a lot of damage).

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 7/30/20 8:11 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

pull up and a handstand Great goals. I'm cheering for you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 7/30/20 9:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

We mutually opted out of meeting up tonight. Risking dad's life for wine & cheese is just idiotic. I'd risk my own life for a great Chardonnay but not someone else's, haha.

Your strength goals are awesome. Very inspiring!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/30/20 5:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yummm on the canned chicken idea. Let me know how it turns out! I had the second tuna burger last night and enjoyed it as much as the first and SO FILLING!

So I cancelled a lunch date with a new guy today. I am getting really proficient at researching on the internet once I have enough facts. He isn't exactly as he described himself and I am starting to find out where the line is on who is acceptable to me or not. At this point in life there isn't time to date someone who isn't on the right side of that line and unlike when one is young there isn't time for them to grow into the person, LOL. I do have a second date with the coffee guy from the other day on Monday. He was totally honest and is on the right side of the line so far though a bit older than I would like. We shall see...

Going out to dinner tonight with SILs and DSD at a great place on a harbor which we haven't been to yet this year. Outdoor dining of course. And I need to get SIL a 70th birthday gift for tomorrow. Why do I wait until last minute???

QOTD: Though I have relatively strong arms I don't think I could EVER do 50 push-ups. Must be the weight of my body vs. the strength of my arms... (wink)

TSS: 4 years, 4 months

B: Coffee! WW zero point egg and banana pancake

L: tuna and cottage cheese

D: crab cake or lobster salad

S:bean salad and/or strawberry cheesecake yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 7/30/20 9:04 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I just made the chicken patty for lunch and it was just okay. The chicken is a lot less flavorful than the tuns so it needed a lot more herbs than I put in. Not terrible and can definitely be tweaked to be much better, but the tuna was so perfect, and this was no where nearly as good. Very filling though, and still only a point, so no complaints :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

supershopper
on 7/30/20 5:38 am

hi all

QOTD: I think I could do 30 prob not 50.

Things are going well- work is a little stressful right now but its fine. keeping my anxiety low :) Its operation eat only whats in the fridge still... this is chicken day ... again I also have some ground turkey to make some stuff with and I may also prep up some stuff since I'm back in TN for the weekend.

B: 2 eggs/7 cherries

b2: shake or chicken and veggies

l1: chicken and veggies

l2: no idea

d1 no idea

s: protein pancake

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
Queen JB · 44 replies · 344 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?