What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/3/20 2:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning Friends, Happy Monday! Hope you all had a super weekend. Mine was pretty nice--good combo of relaxing and getting things done. I am almost finished with my grad school application, which has been hanging over my head for awhile--whooo! I also had a nice trip to the beach by myself on Saturday morning. I was able to keep really far from people by walking a mile down the shore, and it felt very safe :)

I stuck to my personal 100day challenge, too. I admit that Saturday I don't have the proof of walking 8000 steps because I walked back down the beach without my watch on, so I didn't get credit for the steps, but I am confident that I got them! And we went for Fro-Yo yesterday but I still stayed at 23 points by eating zero point foods for the rest of the day :)

Today is my first day at work with my new assistant. I am a little nervous. It's become more and more clear that she is pissed about having to leave her old team, and has had some performance issues in her old role, too. And even thought I am going to do my best to help her feel welcomed and excited to get us started on the right foot, I know it is hard to infuse enthusiasm into someone who is mentally "done". I'm hoping it works out for both of us...

If you have iFit, please please please go on and do any workout led by Tommy Rivers Puzey today! For every mile logged in a workout he leads today, iFit will donate a dollar to his cancer recovery fund. I am hoping I have time to get in a lot of miles today!

QOTD: What is your favorite 2 color combination? I love Kelly Green & Navy Blue together. I wear it a lot :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 8/3/20 3:34 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! With the time change coming to Indiana it's too dark yet for Miss Lily and I to walk yet so most of our walking will be done in the evening and at lunch. That stinks after a long work day but it is what it is. We can't really go walking through the woods in the pitch black! I have a flashlight but would rather not stumble upon any wildlife. I get to play phone tag with the bank and Social security today as our bank was bought out so the routing number changed. I called 2 weeks ago as soon as I had access to the new number and changed my direct deposit info but it is not there. Hubby's retirement has not showed up either. So there will be phone calls all around. QOTD royal blue and light blue. I also like the classic black and white. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.6 today. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 cup cauliflower parmesan soup D 4 oz ground beef with cheese and no bun and some grilled onions. I will stay away from the snacks and get in 100 ounces of fluid even though I'll be working. Have a wonderful day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone!

Partlypollyanna
on 8/3/20 4:42 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Ugh, I hope you are able to resolve the Bank stuff quickly!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 8/3/20 4:05 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning JB and crew! Can you believe we are at the first Monday in August? It feels like it should be 2023 how long this year has been!

i hope your new coworker comes around, change can be hard but refusing to adapt can be self defeating!

qotd - my favorite colors (purple and orange) aren't great together (Well they go and are festive, but too festive!) so I tend to go with. Grey with either purple or orange accents.

i do plan on doing one of the Rivs workouts this afternoon.

menu today is

ever roast deli chicken and slice cheddar

carbmaster cottage cheese, grain free muffin

tri tip (making my first ever trip tip on the grill this afternoon)

light and fit greek

coffee with half and half x3

have a great Monday and amazing August!

Jen

Queen JB
on 8/3/20 4:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I helped plan my friend's wedding years ago, and we did a lavender and light orange theme for flowers and table settings--it was gorgeous!

Any idea which Rivs workout you are doing? I haven't picked mine yet!

Partlypollyanna
on 8/3/20 4:41 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh that would be pretty!

I am thinking the Temple of Poseidon run - I had a gorgeous afternoon there about 10 years ago so will be nice to revisit!

Jen

Queen JB
on 8/3/20 2:31 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I went to Bolivia with Rivs today!

His wife posted on IG that he woke up for a couple minutes for the first time in 2 weeks today. I was bawling reading it.

Emiepie
on 8/3/20 6:04 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I love tri tip!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Christina135
on 8/3/20 5:10 am

Good morning!

QOTD - I love color combinations. Right now, I've concentrated on deep teal and gold/champagne combo for glass artwork I've been picking up. But I love red and teal, teal and deep purple, etc. Which is odd, because teal isn't my favorite color, it just seems very aesthetically pleasing in contrast with the hardwood floors and dark shiplap wood/stone in our house.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee, cold topo chico

Lunch - Kale/tofu/soyrizo scramble on corn with vegan chao cheese. I found a new one, tomato cayenne and it is SO good!

Snack - toast with homemade strawberry chia pudding, and an apple with peanut butter

Dinner - I'm making vegan tortillas today! So it's going to be chicken fajitas for the family on homemade tortillas, and I will do bean, vegan cheese, lettuce and tomato and salsa on mine. Y'all pray that these tortillas somehow turn out round.

Have a great day everyone!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Sheila_H
on 8/3/20 6:11 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I need to ask, how else would the tortillas be if not round? This shows my complete ignorance about how tortillas are made, but it made me laugh you were asking for prayers for the tortillas to turn out round.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 381 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 239 views