What's on your Sunday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/9/20 4:13 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Checking in early on Sunday, a little over halfway along in birthday weekend palooza. Thanks for the kind birthday wishes here yesterday! So far it's been a wonderful celebration but pretty terrible for my waistline. I definitely blew it with sticking below 23 points, and basically doubled that on Friday and Saturday. For a minute I was going to try to justify my streak continuing, because I didn't use up my weekly rollover points, but let's face it--I screwed up, and I need to face the consequences. So, back to day 1 today.

And if I am being honest--I think it is going to be pretty hard to stay below 23 points again today, even though I worked out a menu that stays right at 23...I'll try but we have one more day of birthday celebrations includes a BBQ this afternoon. Plus I have leftover cake and leftover tacos. So... tomorrow? Sigh.

I can at least report that I stuck to my step goals on Fri & Sat, and already today! The August iFit Challenge is a Summit Challenge, so I am getting my steps in on some incredible inclines, too! Yesterday and today I took hikes in the Alps :)

QOTD: Do you have a favorite chapter book from when you were a kid that you read a million times? My first "mystery" book from when I was about 8 years old was called "Sea View Secret" and it was about kids solving the mystery of rings that had gone missing in an old house 50 years ago. I read that paperback so may times that the spine split and it has been in 6 or 7 pieces for decades. Can you believe grim found me a first edition hardcover for my birthday??? Seriously the sweetest present, ever. Am I the luckiest girl or what?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 8/9/20 5:15 am - Brighton, IL

I have to agree JB that Grim did great on the gift. My favorite book was The Wizard of Oz(actually the whole set that Baum wrote). Last month hubby took me to the drive in to see the original with Judy Garland. Boy were those flying monkeys scary! It was awesome on the big screen. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.4. We've already got our first long walk in and will do more later. I put Samsung Health on my phone and it really helps encourage me to keep moving. And if I forget my phone I get upset! My steps don't count! Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 cauliflower parmesan soup D 4 oz ground beef with cheese and no bun. No snacks Karen! I had popcorn last night which I really didn't need. Have a good day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

Queen JB
on 8/9/20 6:36 am
RNY on 07/20/15

So fun that you got to see it on the big screen!

catwoman7
on 8/9/20 7:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I had about five of the Oz books and loved them - I'm not sure where they are now, but my mother probably donated them during some move. I've actually thought of going to a used bookstore and buying some - or borrowing them from the library. I'd like to read the whole set!

Queen JB
on 8/9/20 8:47 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I had a great teacher in 4th grade who had us read the whole series. We made comprehensive maps of Oz, wrote "missing" chapters, and wrote letters to the still living actors. We got a letter back from the Wicked Witch! She had been a teacher herself and hated the idea of kids being scared of her so she answered every letter. Great unit--I'll never forget it!

catwoman7
on 8/9/20 12:54 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Actually, I think I remember that she started her life as a teacher! She also did coffee commercials back in the 60s and 70s. Margaret Hamilton - that was her name!

catwoman7
on 8/9/20 12:56 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I just looked her up on Wikipedia. I forgot that she was born in Cleveland (as was I!), and she went to Hathaway-Brown school (a private school for girls), where my aunt (uncle's wife, actually) went. She actually sounds really interesting!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hamilton_(actress)

Partlypollyanna
on 8/9/20 6:37 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That is so cool!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 8/9/20 5:53 am, edited 8/8/20 10:54 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That is an amazing birthday gift!!! Enjoy the final day of celebrations, discipline will be three tomorrow (and the 100 days after:-)

Qotd - little women, I read my first copy until it fell apart. Now I have pretty ones to display and a kindle version to read whenever I want without damaging it.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 8/9/20 5:55 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone. Honestly it's a good thing I didn't just take a drink! That meme is to funny! Hahaha.

I over did it a bit with food yesterday. It was mostly good choices but to many of them is still to many. Today is the first day with the full dosage of my new antidepressant. Fingers crossed on that one!

my legs are doing better for the most part. Now though, pretty much every time I take a step my hip joint pops. It's pretty sore there too. My back is hurting a bit too...not the incision or that direct area. Hurts to stand up from sitting. I know I'm still healing but the hip thing is the one I'm most worried about.

I have a Covid test I have to do tomorrow morning then have to isolate until Friday for my EGD. Really excited over that...lol. I have to reschedule an appointment AGAIN that was supposed to be Thursday. It is just for my cataract year follow up. I don't like the doctor but I want to get it over with! Enough blabbing from me.

qotd: the first one I remember loving is The Outsiders by S E Hinton. Then of course I read The Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit in late middle school/early high school. I need to reread those again. It's been 15+ years since I read those!

b:oatmeal with banana

l: half a baked sweet potato and about 2 oz steak strips oh and a small pear

d: cooked cabbage with turkey kielbasa and onions

s: maybe air popped popcorn and who knows what else.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 520 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics