What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/10/20 2:44 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Monday Morning, gang! I had an awesome three day birthday weekend. Lots of fun and lots of love! Couldn't ask for anything better :)

I reported in yesterday that there was a lot of food, too... so I am back to day ONE of my 100 day challenge. Whoops. At first I was going to make some excuses, but I had three days in a row of going over my WW Blue points because of birthday cake, so there is not really any way to pretend that wasn't a big violation the goals I set for myself. So, back to the beginning today. I will get there, dammit, but now 10 days pushes me into November. Blergh.

I was good about sticking to my exercise goal, though! The August challenge on the iFit is a "summit challenge" so all of the exercises have some serious inclines. I have gotten in my steps by hiking uphill, climbing the Swiss Alps for the last few days. Whoa--I actually felt it in my core this morning when I got out of bed!

QOTD: Even pre-pandemic, what was something you always had extra of in the house? Grim has always been a toilet paper hoarder, apparently! We haven't even used any of the TP we bought in prep for the lockdown yet--we are still using the packs he already had in the house, lol. And for me it's k-cups! I buy them in bulk and always have at least a few months of coffee pods... just in case!

I am going to try really, really, really hard to keep my points low today and try to get back some of the weekly rollover points I lost. Today's plan is to eat 13 points to try to roll 10 back. And for exercise, I just found out that iFit has partnered with Ted Talks so I think I will try one--probably do a walk/jog interval with a Ted Talk :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 8/10/20 3:17 am - Brighton, IL

Starting off week 2 here at Camp Indicoso near Springville Indiana. Last week was tree trimming and yard work and this week looks like painting. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.2 today. QOTD peanut butter and treats for Miss Lily. Don't want to run out of either! Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 cup split pea with ham soup D 4 oz grilled shrimp with grilled zucchini. Have a good day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone!

MadisonRose
on 8/10/20 4:22 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! Monday we meet again. Ugh. I had a super busy weekend and was always on the go so I didn't get to relax like I had hoped. So I don't feel prepared for this week. Still not feeling so great this morning. It's that time of the month again and for some reason I've had the worst symptoms....bloating, cramps, stomach a mess, constant headache and food cravings through the roof. Blah. In other news I took the kitten back to the vet Saturday for more vaccines and apparently now she has roundworms. Oh joy! So I have to give her 4 doses of medicine starting Wednesday. They gave her her first dose in the office and she gave them a fight and spit the medicine out everywhere! So I'm a little worried about how this all is going to go. Should be lots of fun trying to hold her down and squirt medicine down her throat!

Accountability over the weekend was not terrible, but not good either. I just need to get back on track this week. Bought a lot of healthy options from the grocery store over the weekend so it shouldn't be a problem.

QOTD: I'd say coffee and gum. I can never have too much of either. I literally drink coffee and chew gum all day. Helps curb my food cravings when I'm working. I guess there are worse habits right?

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda x 2 and probably more throughout the day

L: 2 oz chicken breast and a hard boiled egg

D: special K cereal with strawberries with 1% milk

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 8/10/20 6:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

roundworms (and other types of intestinal worms, too) are super common in shelter and stray animals. Our vet clinic just puts all new shelter and stray pets on the anti-worm meds since they're more likely to have issues than not! I do remember it's kind of a pain to give it to them, though!

Partlypollyanna
on 8/10/20 4:48 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and Monday....I am feeling a bit discombobulated these days, not sure why. I think it's all the work stuff going on...too many new projects and too much to do. I was able to use the tidal wave of everything coming our way to negotiate some promotions for my team though so I'm happy about that. At least if everything's going to roll down hill, some deserving people will benefit from it!

Once the battery situation was sorted, the rest of the weekend was good! I was really pleased when my friends asked for me to give them left overs of my yogurt-berry-pistachio concoction on Saturday. Everyone's favorite part was the crust/crumble (a mix of pistachios, figs, a bit of crystalized ginger and cinnamon, with melted butter to hold it together) -- I think I want to find other ways to use it.

JB, I also signed up for the climbing challenge but haven't started any of them...I'm supposed to do my first today but I was looking at the schedule last night wondering WHY I thought it was a good idea to sign up for the 20K elevation gain, lol.

Today's menu is the

coffee + half and half X 3 that I've already downed

b - 3 oz left over steak from Saturday night

L - carbmaster cottage cheese

d - chicken green chili

ES - yogurt-berry-pistachio concoction

Ex - 40 minute elliptical

Have a great day and fantastic week, everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 8/10/20 5:20 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, I forgot the QoTD - tea...I have more tea in my house than some small tea shops.

Jen

catwoman7
on 8/10/20 6:56 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I was googling recipes for that dessert after I read your post yesterday. It sounded intriguing. Is this from a recipe you found or were you experimenting/modifying? It sounds delicious!

Partlypollyanna
on 8/10/20 8:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It was a total experiment! I used to make a ginger tart from a 2000s era bonappetite but with all the Sugar and the graham crackers I wanted to make something similar but better. It's not health food but a nice treat!

The crust was 6 oz pistachios, 5 dried figs (large ones), 3 medium pieces crystallized ginger with a smidge of cinnamon -- whir all in three food processor and then mix with 3/4 stick melted unsalted butter. Bake for 15 min on 350,
Cool.

Filling was one large container plain Greek yogurt, 1 box philly cream cheese, a bit of vanilla, whir all in food processor, add half pint of blackberries, half of a 6 oz raspberries and whir again. I put a smear of orange marmalade on the crust, put the rest of the blackberries and raspberries on top, poured the filling over.

It needs an overnight in the freezer to fully set.

Jen

catwoman7
on 8/10/20 8:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm pretty sure i made that Bon Appetit recipe once!!

Teenie
on 8/10/20 7:36 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I did not read the weekend post did you post the recipe for this yogurt concoction?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Forum Search Error & 404