9yrs post-op and struggling!

Kristina2209
on 8/10/20 3:59 pm

9yrs post-op Roux-en-y and up 35lbs from post surgical goal! There have been a lot of life changes over the last 9 years and I had been maintaining up until about 2017. Some mental health obstacles and some serious motivation struggles the last 3yrs. Mental health has been dealt with and this has been my best year yet - just looking for suggestions to cut this 35lbs do's, don'ts, suggestions what has worked, what hasn't worked. My biggest obstacle I would say right now is WATER!!! Thank you in advance!

foolishgrrl_1
on 8/10/20 7:44 pm
VSG on 03/11/13

Hey Kristina, I feel you. I'm 8-9 yrs out from VSG and had a lot happen since 2016. I started gaining in 2017 slowly and in the last year I've put on an extra 30-40 pounds. Have you tried wrapping your brain around the post-op surgical diet and trying to 'restart'? I'm curious because that is what I was recommended to do, unfortunately I haven't been very successful. I'm considering a revision from the sleeve to a bypass.
Following to see what recommendations you get. Wishing you good health and happiness!

White Dove
on 8/10/20 10:28 pm - Warren, OH

The problem is eating more calories than you burn. This type of retain at this stage is normal. It happens to almost everyone. The only way to stop it is with cutting back to your maintenance calories.

Multiply your goal weight by 10. That is what to eat to stay there. So 1200 for 120 pounds of 1600 for 160 pounds. Subtract 500 per day to drop one pound in a week. Weigh****chers works well for us.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 319 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 380 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?