What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/11/20 2:16 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! Happy Taco Tuesday! I wish I was celebrating, but I had my tacos on Saturday... No more for me for awhile, sadly.

Yesterday was wildly busy in a way I was not expecting. I worked for 11 hours without even a 2 minute break. I really hope today is not the same, because I am definitely taking a nice long lunch break. My favorite niece is home between camp and college for only 4 days (sad!) and she is coming for lunch. Sadly, I think this might be the only day to see her. Grim is making us steak, yay!

I was back on plan yesterday, and hopefully my body will respond, because the scale was NOT happy with my weekend binge. I kept looking at my face all day in my zoom meetings and I was so puffy and gross. Anyway, I wasn't perfect yesterday, but I stayed at 23 points and walked 9522 steps. The Ted Talk was boring, so I did a different one afterwards.

QOTD: What are your go-to snacks when you are eating on plan? Since starting WW, I have an apple a day. I also have a bunch of Light Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges and have them with either on Rice Cakes with SF jam or Mary's Gone Crackers. I also like Sugar Snap Peas.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Tri_harder
on 8/11/20 3:04 am, edited 8/11/20 10:24 am

B: healthy breakfast sandwich 250 calories

S: avocado and whole grain crackers 250 calories

L: 3 oz. beef tenderloin, 1/2 oz. cheese and a pretzel roll 450 calories

S: strawberries, grapes and plain Greek yogurt and protein coffee 200

S: salad with Italian dressing 200 calories

S: my veggie soup 50

D: stir fry veggies, tenderloin, roll, 1/2 oz. cheese 500

S: strawberries, sf chocolate pudding, peanuts 150

total 2050 calories

exercise 300 calories

Tri Harder (current weight 230 lbs. pre-surgery weight usually 170 lbs.)

karenp8
on 8/11/20 3:07 am - Brighton, IL

Quick post as it's almost time to walk Miss Lily. She had a rough night last night as it was stormy. She was very restless all night. QOTD right now my favorite snack is cherry tomatoes, usually alone but sometimes with a bit of ranch dressing. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.4. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 cup cauliflower parmesan soup D 4 oz cheddar brats. Snack of cherry tomatoes before bed. Have a great day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

MadisonRose
on 8/11/20 4:11 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! JB....I just wanted to let you know I tried your snack suggestion with the laughing cow cheese, and sugar free jam on a rice cake and it was soooo delicious! I got the pepper jack laughing cow cheese and combined with the sugar free jam reminded me of pepper jelly. So good! Yesterday was a hectic day with work as we all kept having system issues. Hopefully today will be better! I stayed up way too late reading last night and I'm paying for it this morning. Tomorrow is the dreaded day I have to give the kitten her medication. Not looking forward to it! I just don't see it going well. Guess we'll find out. Accountability was pretty good yesterday. Felt good to be back on track after a weekend of eating junk!

QOTD: Right now my go to has been a piece of fruit....normally a nectarine, plum or an apple. Or I also like to pu****ermelon in the freezer and eat it frozen. Such a refreshing snack. Or I'll have a L&F Greek yogurt. If my sweet tooth is really acting up I'll have a spoonful of peanut butter and that normally does the trick. I also will have coffee which helps my cravings.

B: premier shake

B2: Coffee w/Splenda x2

L: 2 oz chicken breast and a hard boiled egg

D: 4 oz baked salmon and veggies

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

And coffee throughout the day of course!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/11/20 5:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good luck with the kitty meds. I think they are even more difficult than dogs (not easy with them either).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 8/11/20 6:01 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ooh nice variation on the rice cake snack!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/11/20 6:02 am - Amarillo, TX

When I had to give meds to a cat before I had to wrap them in a towel like a burrito. It saved me from being scratched up to heck and back. Last time we took Percy to the vet we had to ply him off my back...I still have the scars! lol

White Dove
on 8/11/20 6:18 am - Warren, OH

Petsmart has Greenies pill dispensers for cats. Since your cat is a kitten, it might accept the Greenie with the medicine in it. I have always had cats, so have done things like putting pill in water until it melts and then forcing it into the cat with a dropper. I used to have a pill tool where you put the pill on the dispenser, get it in the cat's mouth and then shoot the pill in.

I always wrap the cat in a blanket first. They are smart and sometimes will hold the pill in their mouth a long time and then spit it out when they think you are not looking. The trick is to get them to swallow. I have done that by massaging their throat with the pill in their mouth. Now my vet usually gives me medicine in syringes. It is still a bit of a battle, but I finally get an angry cat to take the medicine.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MadisonRose
on 8/11/20 9:52 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Thanks for the tips! The vet gave me 4 pre-filled syringes for all 4 doses. I didn't get to go inside to see them give her the first dose because they are still only doing curbside due to the virus, but it's normally the vet and 1-2 techs helping. They told me that she really fought them giving her that first dose and she spit it out everywhere. So I just worry that if they had such a hard time giving it to her with multiple people there to help hold her then I can only imagine what I'm going to deal with doing it by myself! Fingers crossed it goes smoothly!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

White Dove
on 8/11/20 11:14 am - Warren, OH

I sneak up on Gracie when she is sleeping. I have the syringe hidden behind my back. I grab her little head by the chin, force her mouth open, stick the syringe far down in her mouth and shoot the medicine in. She is mad, tries to spit if back out, and runs away. She will not speak to me for a half hour or so. I feel bad, but she gets the medicine and gets better.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 451 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views