What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/13/20 12:58 am, edited 8/13/20 3:51 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Oh boy I am up early. My allergies are just terrible and I couldn't sleep so I finally quit.

Sorry for being so MIA this week. I am totally underwater at work. It's crazy how many hours I can work in a day and never feel like I am remotely caught up. It would be busy without all of the emergencies that are popping up, and there are a lot of emergencies popping up! I think I will take some of my sleepless 3am hours to try to get ahead of some of today's stuff.

Yesterday was okay with food. I feel like the detox from my weekend of sugar and carbs is finally working and the crap is exiting my system. I am back to a reasonable weight on the scale. Not a good weight but at least not an "OMG-I-need-to-cut-off-a-leg-to-get-to-a-weight-I-am-comfortable-with" weight". I ended the day at 20 points and 8034 steps (ha just made it!).

QOTD: Teenie inspired this question (sorry we already know your answer)! What color is your car and do you wi**** was different? I have a dark grey SUV and I like it a lot but I used to have a bright cherry red SUV and I liked it better than this. Next car will be red again!

I never made it to the grocery store and I was really running low on zero point foods, so I put in an instacart order to come this evening! Whoo!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 8/13/20 3:12 am - Brighton, IL

Oh my gosh that meme made me laugh! Thanks for starting us off this am,JB,and sorry your sleep was cut short. Sometimes I sleep well and sometimes not and it is not always linked to how tired I am. Youngest son found out he gets unemployment since his job has no work he can do and then yesterday had a good job interview for a totally different non lawn care job at the local hospital in the lab. During the interview they decided they were more interested in him for a new opening as a lab technologist (running the machines to get your test results). He can be certified because of all his chemistry and micro biology classes at college. It would pay considerably more than he makes now and be steady work that's not dependent on weather or the seasons as most years he's laid off from sometime in November until sometime in March and trying to pay student loans on unemployment is no fun. He likes his current job but can't see himself working so hard for the rest of his life for $14 an hour. At the hospital he can advance and they even help if you decide to go to school for a new career as long as you work for them for two years afterwards. It also offers insurance and many benefits his job at the family run company does not. We'll see what happens. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120. QOTD a red Chevy Colorado and I love it. When we travel it tows well behind our camper. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz chicken salad D 4 oz sirloin steak. Have a great day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone! Time to head out with Miss Lily.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/13/20 3:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That's exciting! I hope your son gets the offer and can choose his next step!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 8/13/20 3:44 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Wow, what a cool opportunity for him! Fingers crossed hat it all works out!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 8/13/20 4:51 am - Brighton, IL

He loves the people at Element that he worked for and with,especially that they hired him knowing he had a torn ACL. They were very careful with him and made sure the work they were assigning wasn't causing more pain. But he will probably never make more than 17 dollars an hour and it will always be seasonal. It is hard.on your body to lug tanks and machines around. It's how he tore his ACL at TrueGreen afterall. I think this will be a good fit and may lead him to find a job he loves. For a young man he said some wise words when thinking about this interview:"I've had lots of jobs I liked for a while but I would like to find one that I love."

catwoman7
on 8/13/20 4:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that sounds like a great job -- he'll gain really valuable skills there and may have more options in the future, too, if he later decides to move or change jobs. The health care field has been hot for awhile - if I was just starting out now, I'd do something in that field (not just because it's hot - but because I'm really interested in that, too). Anyway, fingers crossed he gets it!

White Dove
on 8/13/20 5:50 am - Warren, OH

I am so excited for your son. I love seeing young people get rewarded for their knowledge and hard work. It is also great for the parents to see their kids in a job that promises a secure future.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 8/13/20 7:07 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

That is fantastic news. Something good coming from the pandemic is great to hear. I have a feeling many Americans will be changing positions. People I think realize after this life is to short and they should be doing more with there lives that actually makes them happy. Wish I had the guts to walk away but How do you do it after 23 years and great health insurance. It is kinda hard.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 8/13/20 9:26 am - Warren, OH

You decide what you really want to do and then start taking steps to prepare for a new opportunity. It often involves studying, saving, and cooperation of other family members. I worked full time and went to school full time and took care of everything at home.

When it started to get to me, I gave my family this news: "Either you will start to pick up after yourselves, or I will buy a snow shovel, put a bow on it, put it by the front door and you can all dig your way through this place."

They got the message and shaped up. After over two years, I got the job I wanted for the company I wanted to work for and the benefits I needed. I was 38 years old then.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 8/13/20 7:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

What great news for your son!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 79 views
Recent Topics