What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 9/6/20 5:12 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone! I wish I were still asleep LOL

I paid the price for weed eating. I'm so so sore this morning. Will have to take it easier today.

Food was good yesterday. Stayed on plan and below points.

QOTD: if you owned a boat what would you name it?

I'd name it my middle name....sunshine!

b: egg, toast, 2 chicken sausages and coffee later

l: frozen dinner(likely chicken fajita)

d: ????

s: popcorn, protein bar and a kiwi.

have a great day everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/6/20 6:05 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning Melody! Is your middle name really sunshine? I love that!

So a hummingbird hovered around me this morning while I was talking to Mike on the phone. He said it is a good omen, so I googled what it might mean. Here are a few quotes I found:

"The meaning of a hummingbird visit is to show you that there's an area of your life that calls for you to be more flexible, to bend like a willow without breaking like a mighty oak. It's fluidity versus rigidity. In other words, try not to get too stuck in your ways."

"Hummingbirds represent inspiration and hope, and can be a guiding light that can move you closer to fulfilling your dreams."

"Hummingbirds often appear in your life after a season of big change, and they are a positive omen after a period of turmoil that signifies things are being pieced back together. You may have gone through a big challenge in your life recently that has forced you to confront limiting beliefs that have held you back. A hummingbird is appearing to you so that you can reconnect with your core essence to rebuild your life from a foundation that aligns with your true purpose. "

"Hummingbirds remind us to live in the moment and enjoy life's simple pleasures. Also, because they often seem to appear out of nowhere, they remind us that joy is unpredictable and can often be just around the corner."

Thought provoking...

QOTD: I would probably name it Elise or something like "Elise's Passage"... That was my eldest DD's name.

TSS: 4 years, 5 months

B: Coffee! egg and laughing cow cheese

L: tuna and cottage cheese

D: leftover chicken and veggies

S: Cheesecake yogurt pie with strawberries

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 9/6/20 6:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

from what I can tell, the third and fourth quote apply to your current situation!

Melody P.
on 9/6/20 4:00 pm - Amarillo, TX

It is indeed! The story was I was the song in her heart and the light in her life(my mom). She was going through it with my father and he was having a psychotic episode(he was schizophrenic). They were divorced before I was one. She always says I saved her life.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/6/20 4:25 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What a great story. How wonderful to be the Sunshine in your Mom's life!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

MadisonRose
on 9/6/20 6:51 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Melody I love the name Sunshine! I remember when I was a little girl there was a girl who lived close by named Wendy Sunshine.

Woke up with a killer headache this morning. Boo! I've been trying to decide what to get people for birthdays. My brothers girlfriend and my mom have back to back birthdays. The girlfriends birthday is September 29th and moms is October 1st. My mom is the hardest to buy for. At least my brother gave me a list of things his girlfriend wants, but for mom both my brother and I have no clue! Accountability yesterday was eh....today I'm being super strict. My stomach is still recovering.

QOTD: ummm maybe something like Oceanna. Lol honestly I haven't the slightest idea.

B: coffee w/Splenda

B2: premier protein and more coffee

L: tuna pouch, pickle, a few raw baby carrots and hummus

D: maybe scrambled eggs and salsa

S: built protein bar or some watermelon

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Partlypollyanna
on 9/6/20 8:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Do you have a good picture of you and your brother from your family trips this year? Maybe do a fracture or a canvas photo? or a photo book.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

MadisonRose
on 9/6/20 8:59 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Oh that is actually a good idea!!! I don't think she has any pictures of my brother and I together. Well not since we were kids. I'm really liking this idea. Thank you!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Greateight
on 9/6/20 6:52 am
RNY on 08/29/18

If I had a wooden boat, I would name it Caulk and Sympathy after the Let it Bleed lyric.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 9/6/20 7:05 am, edited 9/6/20 12:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

we took my MIL on a day trip yesterday to a town about an hour north of here that has a couple of large lakes, a stream, and some waterfalls. The water things were nice to look at, but I think the thing she liked the most (and I did, too) was hanging out at this cafe most of the afternoon. They had a balcony on the back of it that was right next to the stream (we only do outdoor dining - and this was the only place we could find that had it, oddly - but the spot was just great - right next to the water. And we were the only ones out there). She felt like she was on vacation - it was very calming for her - and for us, too! We were planning to do our usual Sunday morning rendezvous with the moms later this morning, but the weather isn't being very conducive (rain). So maybe we can meet up with them for lunch sometime this week. The temps are colder this week, but at least the afternoons later in the week should be warm enough to be outdoors. Nothing else on the agenda today, although I'll probably do some reading for my classes and watch the movie for my film discussion group, which meets via Zoom on Friday. I also plan to make this coffee cake (I'm testing recipes for an upcoming cookbook). I would usually never make such a thing and if I made something sweet I'd use monkfruit and replace some of the fat, too, but this time anyway, I have to follow the recipe. Fortunately, I can usually control myself around sweets - and I can always freeze a lot of it - or give it to the moms later this week.

accountability - I was at the top of my calorie range yesterday due to eating out, and I didn't get any exercise other than the little walking around we did while on our day trip, but weight was good this morning. Back down at that ultra-low weight. I'm hoping I'll settle there for awhile. It seems like I'll hit a new, lower weight a few times - and then it bounces back up the next day - and then I eventually settle in at the new, lower weight a couple of weeks later. Hopefully it'll happen this time as well..

QOTD: I've actually been thinking lately that if I start kayaking often, I'll buy myself a cheap one - but I have no idea what I'd name it! (or if I'd name it!)

TSS: 5y3m

B: farro with dried apricots, cardamom, plain Greek yogurt, and Swerve. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: Caprese salad

AS: pumpkin yogurt topped with 1/3 C TJ's High Fiber cereal

D: leftover chickpea/eggplant/tomato tagine. I'll probably have to add a protein if I'm still too low - maybe more yogurt or a couple of slices of turkey breast

have a great day, everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 484 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 451 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views