What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Greateight
on 9/8/20 5:33 am, edited 9/7/20 10:33 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

I read your post, yesterday, great news and congratulations on losing!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Melody P.
on 9/8/20 10:15 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! I appreciate that!

White Dove
on 9/8/20 6:12 am - Warren, OH

The part of skydiving when you go to the door of the plane and jump out is really scary to me. The experience of free fall is wonderful. Having a bad landing is really hard. When I was at the hospital having surgery on my back, one of the nurses said that she will drive 3,000 miles to avoid even getting on a plane and could not imagine how I could jump out of one.

When you do try skydiving, start with a tandem jump and be very careful about who that person is. You sign away all of your rights to sue the company if you get hurt skydiving.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 9/8/20 9:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that's the part that keeps me from doing it. There is no way in hell I'd go to the door of a plane and jump out of it!!!

Melody P.
on 9/8/20 10:17 am - Amarillo, TX

I have a cousin who is a retired army ranger. He had to retire due to a hard landing from jumping out of the back of a plane.

i think I'm going to work it into a goal when I reach my goal for weight loss!

Partlypollyanna
on 9/8/20 1:56 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I will do this one day. It's on my list for sure!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 9/8/20 5:33 am, edited 9/7/20 10:44 pm - Warren, OH

I have skydived in the US and went paragliding over the Andes mountains in Venezuela. I was parasailing thirty years ago at Catalina Island when most people had never heard of it. I dated a guy who belonged to a roller coaster group and he traveled the country looking for new and scarier coasters to ride. I toyed with the idea of joining that group.

After my triple bypass surgery, the heart surgeon asked if I had any questions. I said, "Do I have to worry about the signs in amusement parks saying not to ride coasters if you have heart problems".

He asked if that was a serious question. When I told him I loved coasters, he said, "We fixed your heart and there is no longer any problem, you can ride all the roller coasters you want".

I have to remind myself not to take risks, because nobody has infinite luck. When I had to see an orthopedic surgeon to fix my compressed disks after a bad skydiving experience, he said that people who skydive are guaranteed to see orthopedic surgeons sooner or later.

This has a video with the guy I paraglided with in Venezuela Merida Parapente

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/8/20 5:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wow! So cool that you have done all this (though I wouldn't have the nerve I envy those who do).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

White Dove
on 9/8/20 6:22 am - Warren, OH

I believe that the desire to want to fly or glide through space is inborn.

When Neil Armstrong was six years old, his family was living just outside of Warren, Ohio. One Sunday morning, his dad was taking him to Sunday School and they saw a Ford Tri-Motor plane was at the Warren Airport. Instead of going to Sunday school that morning, Neil convinced his dad to let him take a plane ride. It cost 25 cents back in 1932.

Neil's dad got sick and lost his breakfast during the flight, but Neil loved the whole experience. Afterwards Neil would have a dream where he was floating through space. In 1969 Neil was the first man to set foot on the moon.

I worked on a first flight memorial that we built in Warren. When Neil came to visit it, he said our titanium replica was much nicer the the tinny version that was actually on the moon.

http://firstflightwarren.org/

Melody P.
on 9/8/20 10:18 am - Amarillo, TX

I've heard that story before. I'm a big fan of early space flight!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 529 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 116 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 326 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?