What's on your Wednesday Menu?

ecm1109
on 9/9/20 6:26 am

Could it be Long John Silvers? that would be my guess...

Christina135
on 9/9/20 7:20 am

Sorry! Yes, it's Long John Silvers.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

supershopper
on 9/9/20 5:19 am

Hi all

QOTD: I'm not actively socking away money. I would like to have plastics maybe next year once I get this regain off. its been waaay hard. I had a spike over the weekend I was not happy about but it was my fault. I also want to pay down some things which I have not specifically been trying to pay off.

Today is off day from the gym but I will walk I think.

food plan- all the things I've cooked -

B: egg/chicken sausage

b2: fish soup

l: last of shephards pie

d:TBD

s:TBD

Seems if I front load my food with super dense foods I do better in the evening...

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Melody P.
on 9/9/20 5:40 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Wednesday morning everyone.

Woke up freezing my butt off. We got down to 35(where it's at currently too). The house is absolutely freezing! My mom doesn't want to turn the heater on so I've got socks..leggings and a jacket on...I'm still cold! Only supposed to get to 46 today with rain on and off all day.

not much planned today other than trying to stay warm.l

qotd: sadly no. Nothing to plan for. Though I do think my iPad is heading south.

b: oatmeal with a banana and coffee later

l: It'll either be soup or the last of my southwest egg rolls & cashew quesso

d: maybe the soup if my mom makes it or roast with veggies

s: popcorn, chicken sausage patty and ???

Partlypollyanna
on 9/9/20 6:09 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Stay warm!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 9/9/20 8:10 am - Warren, OH

My husband always wanted to not turn the furnace on until as late as possible in the year. Now that I am alone, I turn the heat on when the house feels cold. I have probably run the furnace in every month except July and August. I hope you can convince your mom that they don't give any metals for living in a freezing house and get her to turn the heat on.

I remember when I put central air conditioning in my mom's house. She did not want to spend the money on the electric to run it. A few times I would pull into her driveway and see her sitting on the porch sweating. She would run inside and turn the air on when she saw me and think that I did not know that she did that.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 9/9/20 12:42 pm - Amarillo, TX

We got one started! Our house unfortunately doesn't have central heating or air so we have wall units that are gas. I cleaned out the one on the side of the house our bedrooms are and got it started!

warmer but the wind is still making this old house hang on to the chill!

White Dove
on 9/9/20 1:29 pm - Warren, OH

I am glad you got some heat in there. Being cold was a lot worse for me after I lost a lot of weight. I think the fat helped to keep me warm.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 9/9/20 6:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Boy did I wake up a stress case this morning. This is happening more than I'd like - I'm sure it's the pandemic, mostly - but then our moms (mine plus MIL) both live in town and have had lots of issues lately, and both of them lean on us (esp me since I'm retired) pretty heavily. Plus I had my arm twisted to chair this committee that I have no interest in chairing. No one else wanted to do it. Well, neither did I - but here I am. Ugh. I wish I could go out and ride my bike to work off some of this stress, but it's cold and rainy - and will be all day. Maybe I'll do a youtube Zumba class when I'm done with this - that should work off some stress...

accountability was horrible yesterday. I ate about three standard pieces of the coffee cake I made over the weekend (this is REALLY unusual for me - not sure what got into me), and then about 90 minutes later I started RH'ing like crazy, so I ate some yogurt, whole wheat crackers, and hummus to get rid of it. Worked, but I managed to pack away A LOT of calories (well, if you factor in the coffee cake, that is). Luckily, the scale was OK this morning, but sometimes it takes a day.. Anyway, back on plan today.

I have to take my mom to a doctor's appt this afternoon and do some work for a couple of committees, but that's it. I REALLY should not be stressing out as much as I am...

QOTD: there's nothing we need - and we're both excellent savers - so our financial guy keeps telling us we should feel free to spend more, esp since we're childless and have no one to leave anything to. But they say the economy could get pretty bad (well, other than the stock market, it already IS pretty bad) and could be for a few years, and also, we need to have enough money to move into a nice continuous-care retirement community at some point since we don't have kids to move us along once we can't make decisions ourselves, so I'm a little reluctant to spend much. So anyway, no - not saving up for anything - just trying to hold on to what we've got!

TSS: 5y3m

B: lemon/blueberry yogurt pie, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: Caprese salad

AS: I don't know how long my mom's appt will be, so I'll take a protein bar with me. Otherwise, if I"m home, some pumpkin yogurt with 2 T light Cool Whip and maybe some high fiber cereal on top (about 1/4 C)

D: the Indian-style curry that I planned to make last night but never got around to...

have a great day, everyone!

Emiepie
on 9/9/20 7:16 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you feel better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 116 views
Forum Search Error & 404