What's on your Wednesday Menu?

catwoman7
on 9/9/20 8:32 am
RNY on 06/03/15

thanks! I did a youtube Zumba class and took a shower, so now I'm feeling a little calmer...

White Dove
on 9/9/20 8:21 am - Warren, OH

In my family, people tend to live until about 100 and to stay in their own homes. The neighborhood where I live has a lot of very active and healthy senior citizens. I see the guys who are in their late 80's out riding their bicycles, mowing the lawn, and taking care of their gardens.

Even without kids to help you, there are many services to make life easier for seniors. Sometimes when I have doctor appointments, I use the ride service provided by my insurance to get back and forth. I do that in bad weather and when I have an eye appointment where they dilate my eye and it is uncomfortable to drive for a few hours after that.

It makes sense to me to pay someone to do things like painting, washing windows, cleaning gutters, housework, and lawn care instead of paying for a retirement home. I am still able to do those things, but know that a fall now could be life changing.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 9/9/20 8:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'd like to stay in my house as long as I can as well.

Most people in my dad's family have lived into their 90s (my father died at 81, but he didn't take very good care of himself (e.g., heavy smoker) and had Alzheimer's to boot). Most people on my mom's side live to their mid-80s, but are in pretty good health. No one I know of on that side had any serious diseases - they tend to just drop dead of heart attacks or strokes just out of the blue (which is the best way to go, IMHO). So anyway, I may have a couple more decades of good health left!

Teenie
on 9/9/20 6:39 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

Hump Day! Your right JB this week is hurrying by. I only worked one day and I am already ready for a weekend.

Nothing new to report except if you were following my Ford issue they have given me back my car. They made one car payment and they are supposed to extend the warranty. That was Fords answer after having the car for 35 days. So it is driving just fine so I will not complain but if I can get a Lawyer to take the case for a lemon Law I think I am going to go for it. I really did not like the way the dealership treated me and I still have my eye on that orange BMW. We shall see.

QOTD: I always save for vacation.

Accountability: Not great Snacks of peanuts and cookies and I grazed dinner instead of sitting down to a plate of food.

TSS: 2 years 8 Months and 29days 135.8 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Pumpkin Spice w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos Triple Zero salted caramel Greek yogurt and Berries

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Pumpkin spice

L: Jimmy Dean Eggwich, Sargento Balance break and cheese stick.

D: Jalapeno chicken poppers and Zucchini pizza bites.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been great. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: 3 Mile run (Done)

Everybody have a Great day.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 9/9/20 7:17 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I am glad that the car is running good for now at least. While you decide what to do.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 9/9/20 7:52 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Can you just sell the Ford and get the BMW?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 9/9/20 8:54 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I may try to trade it I just am looking at all options right now. I just want to do whatever I can to get out of it before I need to buy new tires so we will see.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 9/9/20 6:52 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It cooled off dramatically here in San Diego (well, not as dramatically as Colorado...) but the air is thick and wet. That's good for the fires I think, so I'll keep my complaining to myself! As expected, yesterday was a crazy day, but it flew right by. I definitely was under on calories yesterday, just wasn't feeling food, but once again, zero exercise. I know this honeymoon period is going to end soon and I HAVE to figure out a way to incorporate exercise into my day. Maybe that will coincide with retirement? That's asking a lot of my body to wait that long for me to figure this out. I need to do better.

QOTD: Always saving for something! Currently I have a new car fund, even though we both drive new cars. A fund for a complete renovation of the exterior of our house to add pitched metal roofing and take the look from Spanish craftsman back to a traditional southern California craftsman and a "retirement road trip fund". That one is all cash that I put away every Monday from what's left in my wallet from the week before. I keep it in a dark envelope in the safe, and only count it once a year or so. So far, I think we've got about 45 days on the road covered. I gotta be honest, that new car fund may turn into a European vacation fund. (Side note: I could use a thread on plastics. At nearly one year out, I am just starting to think about it and I have a million questions)

Menu

B 1/2 PP shake, coffee, beef jerky and 10 parm whisps throughout the morning

L leftover beef bulgogi on butternut zoodles

D pork rib and salad

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 9/9/20 7:42 am - Warren, OH

I had my tummy tuck consultation on my one year surgery date. I had the surgery about four months after that. A thread on here could help some, but there is a website called realself that will answer all of your questions. They have before and after pictures, describe the procedures, pros and cons, and what to expect.

My bariatric surgeon referred me to a plastic surgeon who specialized in weight loss surgery patients. I was very satisfied.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 9/9/20 8:10 am
RNY on 10/29/19

My tummy did pretty well, but my bootie, not so much! Thank you, I am going to check out Realself!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 112 views
Recent Topics