iFit Questions

White Dove
on 9/12/20 12:21 pm - Warren, OH

For people who are using iFit. I am debating whether to go to a gym this winter or buy equipment with iFit. For people who have the iFit, is it something you use once the novelty wears off?

I am thinking bike or recumbent bike. I saw one with a 22 inch screen that looks great, but want it to be something I enjoy using for a long time. Would really appreciate any feedback.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 9/13/20 9:24 am, edited 9/13/20 2:24 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I love mine! It is scratching the itch I have for travel, too because I can hop on and see sights from anywhere in the world. Plus I know I am safe exercising and don't have to worry about wearing a mask at the gym. I 1000% recommend it!

Edited to add--you can just get the iFit membership on your tablet and get a cheaper bike, though, if cost is a factor. They are not cheap!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 9/13/20 11:54 am - Warren, OH

Thanks, that is what I was hoping to hear. What brand did you end up buying?

Queen JB
on 9/13/20 11:59 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I bought a new NordicTrack X22i treadmill, which was when I tried iFit for the first time, but I have an old old old eliptical and I use the app on my tablet whenI use that. I guess you should double check that I am right and you can get the app without purchasing a machine, but I assume it's okay?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 9/13/20 12:17 pm - Warren, OH

You can use the app without buying any new equipment. I have a treadmill. The last few times I used it, I ended up with severe leg cramps. So I am thinking recumbent bike will be easier on my legs and back. If things were different I would just go to the gym.

I think I want the Nordic Track because of the technology where the trainer moves you on your "trip". Your X22i has that so do you find that makes it more interesting?

Partlypollyanna
on 9/13/20 1:05 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I love mine -- I do a lot more of the travel things and love how it will auto adjust for the terrain -- I work harder than I did on my old treadmill. I have done a few of the studio classes as well (not the live ones, just recorded) and they are good. Also, if you set it up where there's space, they have a number of "on the equipment, off the equipment" mixed workouts and also do some yoga, stretching and things like that. I've done a few of the stretching classes but not any of the mixed or yoga. I have the elliptical and am thinking of getting their rower as well.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 9/13/20 1:45 pm, edited 9/13/20 9:09 am - Warren, OH

Thanks so much. I love history and travel. Right now, I look at my suitcase and think of them as emotional baggage. It is sad to not feel free to book a plane and go somewhere fun. The fear of getting the virus is very real to me. I missed a funeral last month because I knew the son of the deceased is on Facebook posting about wearing a mask being a violation of his rights.

I just felt like I was taking my life into my hands if I went there. My brothers and sisters did go and said that the family did wear masks at the funeral, but still hugged everyone. I am glad I was not there.

The only thing holding me back right now is that Nordic Track is sold out of the recumbant bikes and don't know when they will have them again. I know I can buy a recumbant bike from another manufacturer and use iFit on it. But I really want the full Nordic Track experience. I am hoping that they have the one I want soon. I will be checking daily.

Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/13/20 4:09 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Good luck!! I hope it's back in stock soon. One day we'll be able to go places and do things again..and we'll be ready for that!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 9/17/20 12:43 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I think my treadmill came with a disk or something that offers a 30 day free IFit plan I think. If you are interested in it I can send it your way-just let me know.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 9/17/20 4:09 pm - Warren, OH

That would be great. I am send you a personal message with my address.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views