What's on your Monday Menu?

catwoman7
on 9/14/20 7:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've actually never had it hot - I should try that! I generally don't like any kind of sweetener in hot coffee (but I do in cold coffee drinks), but that espresso-flavored Fit Frappe isn't too sweet - so I may be fine with that. I'll give it a try!

Queen JB
on 9/14/20 8:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Pro tip: If you are ever mixing protein powder with hot liquid, you have to put the powder in first and mix it with room temp water until it is the consistency of brownie batter, then add the hot coffee, then mix it up really well... otherwise it will be clumpy and undrinkable.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 9/14/20 6:49 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

Welcome back from the weekend everyone. Hope it was good for you. I Had a weekend without plans and I did not do any baking. I swear Not one cheesecake come out of my kitchen at all. I did go out to dinner Saturday with friend to a Mexican restaurant and it was very nice. Their drinks are too big though. I ordered a sangria it was $8(great price) and it came in a quart soup to go container. I am glad they had lids it is in my fridge waiting for an evening in the hot tub. For dinner DH and I shared fajita. So I did great.

I also got my fall decorations up last evening so one more thing off the list of to do's.

Tonight I am supposed to go support group however I am not sure it is still going to be in person. And the worst thing about it is I accidently left my phone at home so I don't have access to reach out to see if anyone else will be going. My DH may bring my phone to me when he gets a chance. Not a good way to start a Monday.

QOTD: Hot

Accountability. Not bad for a weekend but I did a little grazing yesterday and I found out Lily's make peanut butter cups and chocolate covered caramels with stevia and not sugar. I want to use them as a snack but I kind of plowed through them yesterday.

TSS: 2 years 9 Months and 3 days 134 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Pumpkin Spice w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos Triple Zero salted caramel Greek yogurt and Berries

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Pumpkin spice

L:Jimmy Deans eggwich and Sargento Balance break

D: Mississippi pot roast. .

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been great. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: 3 Mile run (Done)

Everybody have a Great week.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 9/14/20 7:29 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I need to decide when I want to bring out the Fall decorations. Hubby did buy me two small pumpkins so it has been started....

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 9/14/20 1:25 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I only brought out fall related stuff. My Steeler decorations and pumpkins. I'll wait till October one to bring down Halloween.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/14/20 8:48 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Lily's also makes a chocolate covered caramel corn. I have a small bag of it but haven't sampled yet.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 9/14/20 1:24 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I passed on that and went with the caramels. I think next time I deserve a treat I'll go that route.

Lisa91941
on 9/14/20 7:04 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning from a very foggy, socked in, San Diego. Yesterday we had an unexpected visit from a dear friend. We sat on our patio and had a glass of wine and caught up. It was so nice. But we babbled on so long, that no dinner got made and I had a glass and a half of wine. I ate some beef jerky and parm Whisps and called it a day. I'm prepped to do better today. We realized the "Char Sui" we were going to make last night needs to marinate at least 24 hours, so dinner tonight should be fabulous. We went to the Asian market and got all the seasoning items we need. To be honest, we bought enough stuff that I can't see us needing anything else with a taste of Asia for the next year or two. But, we shall see. I've very much looking forward to breaking in the wok tonight and roasting the Char Sui.

QOTD: I drink "fake" coffee. Cafix. My body doesn't tolerate caffeine well, and before surgery I got horrible gastritis, so they made me stop even with the decaf. Luckily, since the decaf wasn't great, the step down to Cafix is not terrible. Mostly hot. My husband found NuNaturals Cocoa syrup that I put in there. Eh. It's hot and gets my morning started.

Menu (lots of leftovers this week!)

B: coffee and 1/2 PP shake. left over won ton chicken taco

L: left over shrimp with cream sauce, 1/4 C refried beans

D: Char Sui, cauliflower fried rice, bite of lo mein

I'm going all international today in the food picks!

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Emiepie
on 9/14/20 7:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB-super glad you had a good weekend, you deserve it after the weeks you have had that's for sure. Nothing at all exciting for us, stayed indoors for most of the weekend due to the horrible air quality and ash in the air. I have no room to complain as I am safe and of course so many others have lost so much and those fighting the fires...but it is really taking a toll on me.

Accountability: I had some unplanned/unnecessary snacks throughout.

QOTD: First cup always hot and then weather dependent iced or hot in the afternoon if I have one, which is most of the time. I prefer hot (extra hot actually).

TSS: 6 years, 1 month

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, 2 turkey sausage links, and 1/2 an orange

L: Turkey lettuce wraps, SF jello with cool whip, and baby carrots

S: Chicken beef stick, strawberry protein puffs(two grocery outlet finds) and carbmaster cottage cheese

D: Chicken enchilada, small salad with verde "dressing", sliced fruit, 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with cream cheese and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour run and an hour of elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1488 Protein: 143 Carbs: 114 Fat:56

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 9/14/20 7:51 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I am playing golf today. I suppose that I should be excited, but I'm kind of dreading it. I've fallen in and out of love with golf a couple of times in my life and now I am definitely in an out of love phase. But I have-not seen the people that I am playing with in 7 months, so it will be good to catch up.

This week is actually kind of crazy. I have two golf outings (out of only three all year) and three doctors appointments. plus work, chores, gym, etc. I really could have used an extra day of weekend to catch up.

We decided to spend most of November in Florida. Marilyn surprised me a little when she suggested it, but with me working remotely and my son e-learning, there is really no reason not to. And we have the place rented for the whole winter. Hopefully, I can have lunch with Liz while I am down there.

QOTD: OK, are you guys ready for this? I have been forgetting to drink coffee lately. I never went back to caffinated after surgery and, while I enjoy the taste and warmth in the morning, some days, I just get started on drinking Bai water and never remember to get a coffee. The first time I did it, I was in shock at the end of the day. But always warm.

Breakfast: protein bar

Lunch: golf course food

snack: nuts

Dinner: Hamburger

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 287 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics