What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/16/20 2:51 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Hump Day! Well, the "bad" thing about not working 24/7 is that the days seem to drag on a bit... I can't believe it's only Wednesday! I have back to back meetings today from 9:30 - 2:30, though so today should fly by...

I didn't sleep very well. We got our flu shots yesterday and my arm is still very sore. Plus Grim is having back problems so we decided to sleep in the guest room to see if that bed would be better for him. It was better for him, but I had to bail after a few hours and go up to our bed. It was so unfordable! We might need to look into one of those beds that are different on each side.

QOTD: What is something that you looking forward to? Boston's city zoo is having one of those nighttime lantern light festivals and I have tickets for Friday night and I am really looking forward to it!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

seattledeb
on 9/16/20 3:19 am

Our bed has a mountain in the middle that the pets roam on at night.

I've been 6 months in tight quarantine. I eat the same things over and over. My weight has been the same.

I'm looking forward to the smoke going away. All inside living can make you a little weird after a while.

Queen JB
on 9/16/20 3:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey Stranger! Good for you for keeping the same weight... I was doing great at the start but I crashed hard and I'm up over my high goal weight. Sigh.

Stay safe! Would you believe we have hazy skies in Boston because of the fires out west today?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

seattledeb
on 9/17/20 4:02 am

The fires are out yet either. We could use a little Alabama water in Oregon.

I think another reason for the lack of weight gain is no restaurants. Boy do I miss that.

Emiepie
on 9/16/20 7:32 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hey there!!! Good to "see" you.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 9/16/20 4:04 am, edited 9/15/20 9:06 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin!

I didn't sleep that well last night, either. Well, I guess I was fine from about 11:00 or 12:00 until 4:00 a.m., but after I got up to use the bathroom (at 4:00), I couldn't get back to sleep to save my life. So I went out in the kitchen at 5:00 and started up the coffee. I heard my bro get up a few minutes ago to take a shower - maybe he and I can go out cycling once the sun comes out. We're hoping to meet my mom for coffee later this morning to surprise her (she doesn't know bro is here), but so far she hasn't answered my email or text - not sure what's up. Hopefully she'll see them when she gets up.

accountability was good yesterday, and I rode my bike to the gym and back (did upper body weights while I was there). My weight is up this morning, though - must be water. I'll slam the fluids today. I'm sure the family will be eating out a lot while bro is here, since we really can't get together in people's houses/apts - so I'll need to really watch it the next few days. He'll be here until Saturday.

oh! My newest Christopher Kimball cookbook arrived yesterday - "Tuesday Evenings" - it features quick meals (or supposedly quick - a lot of the commenters said they took a lot longer than stated in the book). There are a few interesting things in there that I'll make for sure, but overall, I like his Instant Pot one better. There are LOTS of things in the IP book that I want to make.

QOTD: I'm really looking forward to spending a weekend in Chicago, but I have no idea when I'll be able to do that again. The last couple of years we've gone down there probably five or six times a year, but I haven't been since January. As for an event that truly IS upcoming, I'm looking forward to my adult education class starting in two weeks. It's on the 2020 election - a retired political science prof is teaching it. He teaches some kind of poli sci class every fall "semester", and I've taken it the last two or three years. He is just great, and he also invites great guest speakers.

TSS: 5y3m

B: something light since i don't know what I'll be eating the rest of the day. Maybe a L&F yogurt with 1/2 diced mango (because I really need to get started on this mango today!!). Coffee with half & half.

MS: Fit Frappe

L: I have no idea - but I'll take a protein bar with me just in case it looks unsafe. If I'm home, I may have leftover chicken rogan josh (from last night - the recipe was in the IP cookbook I mentioned and is FABULOUS!)

AS: depends on where I am. If home, probably L&F yogurt with raspberries

D: I'm sure we'll go out with the family - so something safe!

have a great day, everyone!

ladygodiva1228
on 9/16/20 4:12 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I personally don't have one, but I know a few people who have the sleep number beds and they love it. I think they are kind of pricey, but the three couples I know who have them keep saying they have never slept better (2 of them have had it over a year). Each side can be adjusted differently. Might want to check them out if you two are looking at maybe getting a new bed.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

MadisonRose
on 9/16/20 4:20 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! I can't believe it's only Wednesday either. I mean it should already be Friday at least right? I'm also a member of the no good sleep club. I just could not fall asleep for the life of me last night. Then my mind tried to play tricks on me and made me think I was hungry, but I stayed strong and did not give in. I think I finally fell asleep just before 2am. So of course now I'm sleepy this morning.

My accountability was decent yesterday. I swapped some things out on my menu, but still made good choices. I'm SLOWLY losing my period weight.

QOTD: I always look forward to the local fair here every year, which I don't know why since I haven't been in years. I don't trust myself around all that junk food so I just don't go anymore. But it always brought back memories as a child. We would go every year as a family. It was always a cool, crisp Fall evening. We'd ride the rides and get our fill of cotton candy and elephant ears, see the animals and the live shows. It was always so much fun. Of course I don't think they are having it this year due to the pandemic.

B: coffee w/Splenda x 2

B2: protein shake (premier shake mixed with a frozen banana)

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: 4 oz ribeye steak and a small salad

S: L&F Greek yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

White Dove
on 9/16/20 4:21 am - Warren, OH

You spend roughly 1/3 of your life in bed. I spend more time in the bed than in the car and have no issue with making a bed a major investment. I have both a Sleep Number bed and a Temperpedic bed. Both are great for sleeping. The Sleep Number can adjust on both sides for firmness.

The Temperpedic I bought more than 20 years ago for my husband's back issues. Now that I am alone, I ended up taking that bed and using it all the time. I like that I can put the back up for reading, the legs up if I want to relieve pressure on them, turn on the massage features, or just leave it flat. The memory foam just adapts to my body and I fall asleep in about five minutes. It is twin sized and when I bought it, it was about $2300. The difference in how I feel with a wonderful night's sleep has been worth every penny.

If I were buying for a couple, it would be a split king size and I am guessing in the range of $5000 - $10,000 with the mattress and frame. Which seems really extravagant when you can buy a mattress set for about $1000. However I would make the investment in the cooling foam and consider it a lifetime investment.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

karenp8
on 9/16/20 4:57 am - Brighton, IL

Quick post here as it's time to start getting hubby up for work. Miss Lily and I have one walk in and will do more later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120.2. The last two days I've had people ask me if I've lost more weight. Couldn't figure out why as my weight is the same as always but I think it was because I had skinny jeans on both days so they could really see how little my legs and butt are. Most times my clothes are pretty baggy! Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c lobster bisque D 4 oz ribeye. Have a wonderful day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views