What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Teenie
on 9/16/20 7:00 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Definitely the cloths you bought are fitted to your body better. But it is nice that they notice.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/16/20 7:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That is awesome and so fun, Karen

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 9/16/20 8:26 am - Warren, OH

The skinny jeans let the real you emerge.

Clothes used to come in a lot of sizes. Then somewhere around the 80's, they went to many more things being sized just small, medium, large, and extra large. With each of those sizes fitting differently depending on the manufacturer. To make it even easier to sell clothes that really did not fit, baggy clothes became popular. I believe the baggy style had a lot to do with people becoming obese. That and elastic waisted pants.

I learned how to alter clothes when I was in high school. People would give me really nice clothes, but they were not always the right size and fit for me. We did not have a sewing machine. I got books from the library about altering and tailoring and did everything by hand with scissors, straight pins, a measuring tape, iron and ironing board. I sewed with a needle and thread.

I learned how to disguise my too small shoulders, to make sure the sleeve**** exactly at the wrist bone of my too short arms, and that even a half inch too long on my skirt hem would throw off the proportion of the outfit.

When I dressed everyday in suits with careful fitting in the waist of the skirt and jacket, it was terribly uncomfortable to gain a few pounds. My weight never varied back then because I did not want my clothes to be too tight. It is easy to take things in, but a lot more difficult to expand them.

Now I pay someone else to do any alterations. Most of the time it is not necessary because I have learned which clothing brands fit me correctly. A woman can easily look twenty pounds smaller with the right style and fit.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 9/16/20 5:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone.

yesterday was a pretty decent day. Food was great but I went to bed feeling pretty sore and achy. Not much better this morning. Nothing planned today so I'm going to take it somewhat easy. I do need to send some old family photos to a cousin but that's about it. I'm going to make a pot of soup today in the pressure cooker. Just chicken with veggies.

qotd: I'm looking forward to fall. It much else. Not that I'm dreading anything either but just kind of blah lol

b: egg, udi bread, banana and coffee later

l: soup

d: more soup lol

s: popcorn, apple or kiwis and hopefully nothing else!

Melody P.
on 9/16/20 7:43 am - Amarillo, TX

A little update. Decided to make pumpkin butter. It has 7 calories per serving and 1.2 carbs.

my house will smell so good! Will be using it for breakfast toasts. Will also likely freeze half of it. Hoping it turns out good! Will let y'all know!

karenp8
on 9/16/20 10:00 am - Brighton, IL

It's great in oatmeal too. It makes it feel like fall is here,just like pumpkin spice coffee!

Melody P.
on 9/16/20 11:24 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks for the idea!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/16/20 5:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Luckily my weight has settled down a bit more so I am solidly in range because Mike is taking me away to a resort on the ocean tonight for my 1/2 birthday! Clearly an excuse, but a super romantic one! Here is another picture from our trip a week ago that I really like:

I had a great lunch with my support group friends. They are still going through a lot, but it has been helpful to all of us to be able to support one another. Somehow my relationship with Mike is helping make them happy perhaps about possibilities for their future? Today I am having lunch with my other local friends before Mike picks me up.

QOTD: That festival sounds great! Isn't it nice to have something to go to! I am looking forward to tonight and to driving to Florida in a few weeks. We have been working on our itinerary. So different from when I drove before. The first time was to Miami to bring DD for a surgery which couldn't be done in Massachusetts (we were there for about 3 months). The other 2 times were with DH where I was doing all the driving/planning with minimal (and stressful) stops.

TSS: 4 years, 5 months

B: Coffee!!! Scrambled eggs and laughing cow cheese

L: Out to lunch - probably a crab cake

D: Out to dinner - I am thinking swordfish?

S: probably wine and cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 9/16/20 6:44 am - Amarillo, TX

Such a great photo!

Sheila_H
on 9/16/20 6:59 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

CUTE couple!!
Is Mike going with you to FL? I know you had said he has a home there too, but far from you?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 376 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 467 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 381 views