What's on your Thursday Menu?

Melody P.
on 9/17/20 7:43 am - Amarillo, TX

I have some of the brown sugar swerve...I'll be getting swerve from now on.

catwoman7
on 9/17/20 9:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've become a Swerve fan, too! Also, monkfruit seems oK..

Melody P.
on 9/17/20 11:06 am - Amarillo, TX

I had a memory pop up on FB yesterday. I usually avoided being in the line of the camera. My mom made me do it.

if I remember right JB has a plan for tomorrow Picture Friday. So I wanted to post this here.

I've still got a ways to go but I have a neck now!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/17/20 11:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I think you look terrific!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 9/17/20 2:39 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

wow - great job!!

White Dove
on 9/17/20 5:45 am - Warren, OH

I really expected that I would be living in the Jetsons by 2020. The only thing we got was the robot vacuum and the robot mop. I really wanted the flying car. Flying cars would be possible, but there are too many idiots out there who would not fly responsibly. When they actually happen, they will have to be completely controlled by computers to stay in their designated flight path (at least that is what I think).

What brand of cat food do you get for those very handsome kitties? Mine is 14 and has been overweight for about ten years, so I think she is too old to mess with her diet. I buy her cases of Fancy Feast and she goes through a large container of treats in less than a month.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 9/17/20 6:08 am
RNY on 07/20/15

We named our Roomba "Rosie" because she is my Jetson's robot maid :)

This is the food the vet recommended: IAMS Adult Indoor Weight & Hairball Care Dry Cat Food with Chicken & Turkey. I also give them a spoonful of wet food every morning (1/4 can each a day). But Grim gives our fat kitty a lot of people food, too--they both have a deep love for ham, lol. It bonds them.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/17/20 6:20 am - Amarillo, TX

This reminds me of our 20.5 year old cat Merlin...he screams when we have ham or roast. Something about ham is really his thing!

White Dove
on 9/17/20 6:42 am - Warren, OH

Mine is named Goofy. My kitty was so afraid of it and I kept saying, "Don't be afraid of that Goofy thing". She is not really afraid anymore, but does go to a different room and gets up on something where it is safe. I hoped she would be one of those cats on YouTube that rides around on the Roomba.

The iRobot that mops the floor turned out to be something I love even more than the one that sweeps it. I like the nice fresh smell and look of freshly mopped floors with no work on my part. I do wish there was a robot that dusted and made the beds.

I am going to buy some of that cat food and see what happens. Gracie eats one and a half or two cans of Fancy Feast every day. I doubt if it will make any difference but would like to cut down on the wet food to see if her weight goes down any. She has been 13 pounds for the last 10 years. Thanks for letting me know what to buy. I thought I would have to buy something very expensive from the vet. I did not know IAMS had one for weight control.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 9/17/20 6:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

some of the other premium cat food companies have a weight control formula as well. Our overweight guys now eat Hill's weight management one and seem to like it pretty well. Not that they have a lot of choice in the matter...

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics