What's on your Tuesday Menu?

White Dove
on 9/22/20 4:34 am - Warren, OH

It won't work in the virtual world, but I would be walking down a hall at work, see someone who owed me an update and see them cringe at having to run into me. Then I would smile and pass them by and they would think they dodged the bullet. Then I would turn around and say, "Oh by the way, Friday is the deadline for your report on X"

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 9/22/20 5:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Lol, we're a dispersed leadership team so it wouldn't have worked even pre Covid! I think the last time everyone was in a single building was 1996. I just don't get people being so neglectful of their jobs.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 9/22/20 6:27 am - Warren, OH

I retired in 2010 and we still had a lot of people in buildings with managers. Within two years after that, almost everyone was working from home offices.

Greateight
on 9/22/20 7:22 am
RNY on 08/29/18

You are too good of a leader for that.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 9/22/20 7:45 am
RNY on 08/11/14

How aggravating, I hope you get more cooperation!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

MadisonRose
on 9/22/20 4:14 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Love the pictures so far JB! So cool and beautiful! For some reason I kept waking up all hours of the night last night. It wasn't because I wasn't sleepy because I was. I think it was just because I knew I had to be up at a certain time for work. On the weekends when I don't have to get up at a certain time I sleep through the night no problem. So when I woke up for like the fifth time this morning, three minutes before my alarm went off, I finally just got up. Accountability was good yesterday. Hoping the trend continues.

QOTD: I normally just listen to music through my phone or my tv. I don't listen too often, but when I do that's how I normally do it.

B: coffee w/Splenda & sf creamer x 2

B2: protein shake (premier shake mixed with a frozen banana)

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: 4 oz chicken breast over salad

S: L&F Greek yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

White Dove
on 9/22/20 4:38 am - Warren, OH

If I have to be up earlier than usual, I have sometimes set three different alarms and then lay there all night and can't get to sleep. I tell myself that just laying there doing nothing is almost as beneficial as sleep and I am fine the next day.

Melody P.
on 9/22/20 7:03 am - Amarillo, TX

I tend to do that too. If I have to be up at a certain time I get up a few times thinking...it must be that time...I look at the clock and it's 3 am.

White Dove
on 9/22/20 4:28 am - Warren, OH

The jellyfish is amazing. Thanks for sharing these pictures.

I was thinking lately about music. I think I gave it up as part of the pandemic. I no longer turn on any kind of music in the house. This time of year I enjoy having windows and doors open and hearing the everyday sounds of birds singing and kids playing.

I pay for Sirius radio in my car but turn it on, go through a few stations for a minute of two and then turn it off again. There are no long car trips now and most of the time I am only in the car for ten minutes or so at a time. I have gotten used to driving with no music on.

I also quit reading, which bothers me a bit. I used to finish a book every week or so. Usually on Kindle. I have a book sitting in the living room that I was eager to read last month and have only finished the first chapter.

As I think about it, it is the election and all the conflict and turmoil that has taken away a lot of enjoyment in life. Maybe I just want to shut out everything and keep peaceful silence in my house.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/22/20 5:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I do thing everything that is going on does impact ability to focus; I'm back in a reading groove now but for about 6 weeks, I couldn't finish ANYTHING.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?