What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/22/20 8:07 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It sounds like your recovery is going well - great news!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 9/22/20 6:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have my annual Reclast infusion at 1:30 today at the hospital (it's for osteoporosis). No visitors allowed, so DH will drop me off and pick me up. I wish he could go in with me. I know this procedure is nothing, but I was always glad he was there with me. It takes about 30 minutes for the infusion and then you have to sit there for another 30 minutes to make sure everything is OK - so an hour. I may do a 45-minute Zoom yoga nidra class at 11:45 - should calm me down and get me ready for this thing. I may also ride my bike after breakfast. I woke up - yet again - with a clenched jaw - so I need to work off this stress. Exercise usually helps...

QOTD: I rarely listen to music at home anymore, but I still listen to it in the car. At home I always have NPR/BBC playing on one of the radios unless I'm trying to focus on something (maybe this is true all over - our local NPR affiliate ends programming at midnight, at which time the station switches over to the BBC. Then it flips back to NPR at 6:00 am. I have the bedroom radio on all night on low volume so I can listen to the news if I wake up and can't back to sleep).

TSS: 5y3m

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie topped with blackberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: tomato sandwich made with Fit & Active bread and light mayo, turkey breast slices

AS: L&F yogurt with raspberries. Or maybe a cup of homemade protein ice cream (essentially a frozen protein shake)

D: Thai-style curry with chicken and broccoli

have a great day, everyone!

Lisa91941
on 9/22/20 6:41 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Absolutely love the jelly fish! Cannot wait to see more. Last night, my stylist came to the house to cut and color my hair, and cut my husbands. It was worth a bit extra to be in the comfort and safety of our home, and she wore a mask. Adding a photo of the new hair cut. Had her take about 5 inches off over the last two months. Today I am fasting for my annual bloodwork. My 1 year anniversary is end of October, so my appt early October will serve as my annual review. Since I've been put on an extra med to fight a raging fungal infection in my foot, and that drug is rough on livers, I am anxious to confirm that I am doing well across the board. Missing my warm cup of coffee right now though.

I think we all are running at an elevated level of stress. Even though of us actively trying to not spend time listening to the unbelievably mean, angry, ugly things being said. It's nearly impossible to get away from. I saw an article this morning, and I just thought "I just can't even believe this is America they are talking about!!"/

QOTD: Big on music! XM in the car, usually country. Pandora at my desk, on shuffle, so I get country, show tunes, 50's - 90's, some Megan Trainor, some Prince, some Train. Very eclectic and very fun. At home, usually if it's just me, then I just ask Alexa to play country or rock 'n roll. My husband has higher expectations for sound, so he'll turn on the systems and play an actual record or CD. And then when I walk or shop by myself, I have airpods in and listen to Pandora streaming. Honestly, I'd be good with an old am/fm radio. It's not the quality that matters to me, it's the joy and emotion I get from music.

Menu:

B -- fasting, so nothing til around 9. Then coffee for sure and maybe an sous vide egg. Though it left me really wanting yesterday and set me up for a day of not being full I think.

L -- last of the left over Chipolte's chicken bowl, no rice

D -- Char Sui for sure. We just had left overs as it was late when my hair was finally done.

Photo of the new hair cut! Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

catwoman7
on 9/22/20 6:51 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that cut looks great on you!!

Melody P.
on 9/22/20 6:57 am - Amarillo, TX

Super cute cut! Looks great on you!

White Dove
on 9/22/20 6:59 am - Warren, OH

The haircut is gorgeous on you. I went to a candlelight vigil for Ruth Bader Ginsburg last night. We work masks and were very socially distanced. One of the local judges had met her at a conference in Cleveland.

When she got to Cleveland she said that her flight had been fine, but the security people at the airport had taken away her metal nail file. They gave a safe emery board to use for her trip. She could have said, "Do you know who I am?" and gotten her nail file back but she accepted that the security people were doing their job.

It was so refreshing sandwiched between the horrible and hateful things that are on the news every day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 9/22/20 7:04 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Just adorable you go girl. My podiatrist said you have to weigh your options with that fungal medicine. She said you may be better off with just the fungus. Have you seen improvement in your condition. I just wonder if it really works.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 9/22/20 7:44 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I went from a toenail issue, to full open blistering sores on the side of my foot, and topicals did not help. (Sorry, gross.) So I didn't have much of an option except to try Terbinafine. I made sure it was not contra-indicated to WLS, and I checked with my surgeon due to the liver aspects. She said "that's the good stuff" and approved it. I've only been on it for 2 weeks. No side effects, I am happy to say. My foot instep is healed up now so that is a huge improvement. I have to take it daily for 90 days. They said I may not see toenail improvement until the 6 month mark. Hit me up in a couple months and we can check in for an update!

Teenie
on 9/22/20 8:56 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Thanks that is good to know. Hope it improves your condition quickly. Good luck.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 9/22/20 7:48 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Such a cute hair style! You look great.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics