What's on your Wednesday Menu?

White Dove
on 9/23/20 2:12 pm - Warren, OH

I worked from home off and on for over 20 years. There were managers *****ally resented that, possibly because it made them feel unneeded. At one point I was doing work for some sites in Germany and the manager there said, "How can you do this without flying over here". I asked her to let me try. I found people who were my eyes and ears there and managed to make it work.

Going into an office is going to be something that happens less and less in the future. COVID certainly sped up the process, but it was still going to happen.

Almost everyone in my family works for the school system. Principals, teachers, cafeteria, bus drivers, and maintenance jobs. They do not want to hear that I believe most learning will be remote someday.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 9/23/20 2:38 pm - Warren, OH

A great place to take a look is called flexjobs.com.

They charge a monthly fee, but they do all of the research for you and make sure that the job is legitimate.

But it is free to look.

Christina135
on 9/24/20 4:58 am

Good to know, thank you!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

MadisonRose
on 9/23/20 4:12 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Yesterday I didn't feel like I got much accomplished with back to back meetings. Hopefully I'll get more done today. Accountability was really good again yesterday.

QOTD: anywhere near the water or taking a walk somewhere with beautiful scenery.

B: coffee w/Splenda & sf creamer x 2

B2: protein shake (premier shake mixed with a frozen banana)

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: 4 oz chicken breast and broccoli

S: L&F Greek yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Partlypollyanna
on 9/23/20 4:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Giraffes for hump day!!! Love it. Our zoo lights tend to be around Christmas, I wonder if they will do them this year; I hope so. We also have a similar thing at the botanic gardens, I will have to check.

I totally bailed on the summit challenge so yay to you for finishing!!!!

Yesterday's big meeting went ok, I was able to get the final people onto the call with pretty much no notice (which is crazy in my company, it feels like everyone has 12 hours of meetings every day) but I through myself on everyone's mercy, apologized for the late communication and repeated October 13 proposal and got them all. Now I need to type up the pages and pages of notes but at least we're started.

QOTD - sometime of patio, overlooking something beautiful, with friends. Those are the perfect days.

menu today is

coffee + half and half X3 (and today I will need all 3 cups)

Dave's Killer Bread with PB

slice cheese crust pizza

L&F

ever roast deli chicken

Have a fantastic day everyone -- the weekend is almost in sight.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 9/23/20 7:39 am - Warren, OH

Getting those people on a call at the same time is quite a victory. It sounds like you will get everything accomplished on time.

Christina135
on 9/23/20 5:09 am

Good morning y'all. JB, glad your mom is doing well!

QOTD - I have a few places. Either the PNW, enjoying a walk in a forest/green giant tree area somewhere, or my own yard. Today is gorgeous, and I'm working from home. I have the doors and windows open already and the sun is just about to come up.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot coffee and lots of water

Lunch - tofu/kale/soyrizo scramble with vegan cheese, toast with avocado butter and sliced tomatoes

Snack - dairy free yogurt with chia seeds, hemp seed hearts

Snack - Pumpkin seeds, and a smoothie

Dinner - something snacky. No kids tonight, just hubby and I. Kids starting tomorrow so regular dinners start too.

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

karenp8
on 9/23/20 5:14 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more later. At least I will. Food choices were good yesterday but I skipped my evening walk. I can't let myself get in the habit of that. QOTD anywhere with water and some woods and hubby and Miss Lily! Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L sm piece thin crust meat pizza leftover from last night D 4 oz grilled shrimp. Have a great day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

Melody P.
on 9/23/20 5:29 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu friends. JB I so wish I could see something like that! That is so neat. Nothing like that around my area of Texas.

I've now got a lovely cough. Just so annoyed with it all. With a bad back it's just all sorts of fun. I had a coughing fit last night that left me with tears running down my face. Grrrrr. At least I haven't run a fever at all. I'm pretty sure it's all the smoke in the atmosphere along with the weeds blooming around here.

I have a phone appointment this morning and my mom's got to mow. We finally heard back from the insurance company and they are going to replace the whole roof on the house. They want us to replace the metal sheeting that was done last year on the outdoor stairwell and on the smaller shed. Just for a few dings to it. We'll have our roofer take a look but we most likely will not replace those at this time of year but it'll depend on what the roofer says. My mom and me couldn't even see dents at all on the stairwell. I hate this house....

qotd: mountains. The Tetons or Rocky Mountain National Park. It's my happy place.

b: egg, udi bread, plant based butter and coffee later

l: gluten free chicken nuggets and cooked cabbage

d: something with shrimp....

s: popcorn, pear and ???

have a great day everyone!

White Dove
on 9/23/20 7:21 am - Warren, OH

Great news getting the insurance to pay for the new roof. Sorry about the cough. So many people here are affected by the goldenrod and ragweed that is in season now. Hope you have some good medicine to control the coughing. Feel better soon.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views