What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Melody P.
on 9/23/20 4:14 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

Queen JB
on 9/23/20 1:07 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Yikes- I don't like that this is turning into a cough... can you get a Covid test just to be sure?

BTW I am not sure if you can find the brand near you, but the B-Free Sweet Potato Wrap on my menu is gluten free and it was really tasty! 10/10 recommend for a gluten free tortilla alternative.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/23/20 4:13 pm - Amarillo, TX

Funny you should mention that. I called my pcp to see if I could get in but it'd be 6 weeks until I get in. Um....ok...should I get tested for Covid I asked the nurse. "Uh nah...it's just the stuff in the air". You see...in my part of Texas at least they've cut back on testing. I think they've bought into the less we test the less + we get. Made popular by Cheeto grease man.

I'm feeling pretty good this afternoon just a nagging phlegmy cough. It's even better but the weeds here is blooming like crazy.

thanks for the tip! Will have to look for those!

Queen JB
on 9/24/20 12:41 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Wow, we have free drive through testing sites all over the state and they encourage people with no symptoms to come. Numbers were doing great until college kids came back--now they are creeping back higher. Yesterday we had over 550 positive cases.

catwoman7
on 9/23/20 6:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I had my Reclast infusion yesterday, and I'm feeling achy this morning (not an uncommon reaction - but fortunately, it should just last a day or two). We're expecting DH's new office chair to arrive sometime today, so he switched his Wednesday office shift with someone else so he could be here when it arrives. No way in hell I could lug a 40 lb box into the house feeling like this (DH started going into the office two days a week in early Sept - the rest of the time he works from home. They had to open the office again since school has started, so the staff is rotating coverage).

I have online Mah Jongg from 10:00-noon this morning. I was hoping to go kayaking this afternoon since it's so wonderful outside, but that's not gonna happen today. I don't think I can even manage biking. Maybe tomorrow. Too bad because these kinds of days are so rare once we get into late September!

QOTD: being near water! Being around water has a huge calming influence on me.

TSS: 5y3m

B: vanilla Greek yogurt with raspberries, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: tomato sandwich with turkey breast slices

AS: either homemade pumpkin yogurt or L&F with raspberries

D: I'm thinking roasted pork with BBQ sauce and some kind of vegetables

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 9/23/20 7:45 am - Warren, OH

I had a call from the hematologist office to come in for blood work on Friday and then probably an iron infusion on Monday. He thinks my blood test will be low enough that the insurance will pay for the infusion. It has been over two years since my last iron infusion. I know I will feel a lot more energy after it is over, but still not my favorite thing to do. My ferritin was 54 in August. I think the insurance will pay if it is under 50. I have been taking Proferrin, so it will be interesting to see if that made any difference.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Maddymoe2
on 9/23/20 8:38 am
RNY on 11/22/16

I just had bloodwork done and my ferritin was 25. I asked my endocrinologist about my concerns with it being low and she said it was fine. Its so incredibly frustrating. I think I need to increase my proferrin.

Queen JB
on 9/23/20 1:08 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I'd kill for 25. Mine was 11 at my last draw and I have been good about keeping up with vitamins. I want an infusion! I know I'd probably hate the procedure but I want to know what it feels like to have energy!

White Dove
on 9/23/20 2:16 pm - Warren, OH

The ones I get take about 30 minutes. I am in a comfortable recliner next to the window. Outside is a beautiful garden with beautiful plants and flowers and lots of bird feeders. Some insurance plans will force you to do anothr procedure that take hours.

After a few days, I have to slow myself down because I want to run instead of walk.

White Dove
on 9/23/20 2:05 pm - Warren, OH

It is frustrating and part of it has to do with them having to get insurance approval. I will let you know what they say when I get another blood test. I started Proferrin in June.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics