What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/24/20 1:13 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^I'm getting my first haircut since FEBRUARY on Saturday. Hoping I'll be down 20lbs on Sunday!

It's LITTLE FRIDAY! Woohoo. I have no idea how I am going to make it through the day. I was up all night, and finally gave up at 2am and read the entire internet on my phone. It wouldn't be so bad, but tonight is another one of those wine & cheese things and I am supposed to be up until midnight. Blah. If it wasn't so busy at work I would try to take an hour off to nap but I don't think I am going to find the time. I wonder if I could nap right now?? Oh and also, I might not post in the morning, depending on how late I am up tonight!

Today's entry into my zoo lights collection is this beautiful fish that changed colors :)

QOTD: Is there a dish that someone in your family makes that shows up at most family gatherings? We have a few because our family is big into traditions! My favorite: my dad and his best friend entered the "men's division" apple pie contest together at a local fair 30+ years ago as a joke because neither of them had ever made a pie, and it shocked us all when my dad one "best in fair". It was a damn good pie! Needless to say he has been made to make this pie at every family gathering since then. Yum!

I am not going to bother putting in the "dinner" because its just wine & cheese again! It will probably put me over points, but I'm cool with it :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 9/24/20 2:04 am - Warren, OH

When I was working and could not sleep at night, I would just go to the computer and catch up reports and email and count that into my working day, then quit at 2:00 PM or something. Of course, a lot of my work was with offices in other countries, so at 4:00 AM in Ohio, it was 9:00 AM in Germany and a good time to contact some of my foreign contacts.

People in the US did notice that my emails might have been sent at 3:47 AM.

The dishes that appear at every occasion have varied. For a long time it was rice and broccoli casserole, then something called Hillbilly Beans, currently it is corn pudding. One sister used to make cream cheese brownies that were amazing. I do not care much about the food, but really miss family gatherings now. I am thinking that there will not be any Christmas or New Year parties this year.

If the election ends up going my way, I think I will see if there is a way I can send everyone a wine and cheese tray and have a zoom celebration.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 9/24/20 4:05 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I've gotten a lot better about not working in the middle of the night but I will still start working when I am up for the day at 4am. It's funny because in pervious jobs people were shocked I was up so early. But in this job, there is likely another principal up too *****plies in real time, haha.

We are the hosts of the family holiday gatherings now and it will be sad not to have everyone here, but our house is just not big enough to have everyone here and distanced :(

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 9/24/20 6:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

we're not going to have a Thanksgiving gathering, either - and probably not Christmas, either. I think our two moms will come to our house for T'giving - and my sister and her husband will go to her daughter's apt (or else host it at sis's house). I'm kind of glad because last year the daughter had her two roommates plus another set of parents at our T'giving gathering as well, and I am little nervous about being around 22-year-olds indoors for an extended period of time. I don't know how good they are about masking and social distancing. Plus they all work (at least part-time) working in places with lots of public interaction. No thanks.

White Dove
on 9/24/20 7:25 am - Warren, OH

I don't think anyone in the US ever answered me in real time. That would have really surprised me back then.

My sister and I do the holidays now. She has Thanksgiving and I have Christmas Eve. It will be so strange to not have the gatherings.

I do not even know if I will bother with a tree this year. I put up a real tree every year and it seems like a lot of work when nobody will be seeing it. I might buy a very small live tree just for me so I have the smell of pine in the house.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MadisonRose
on 9/24/20 4:18 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! I actually slept pretty good last night so I'm not sure why I'm so sleepy this morning. Guess I'm just ready for the week to be over. I'll be ending work early today to go back to the eye doctor. I'm hoping he will give me more eye drops because I found out those drops are $200 and I cant afford that! Might be picking out my new eyeglass frames today as well if I have time before the place closes. My appointments at 3:30 and they close at 5 and are about a 15-20 minute drive from my eye doctor so I would be cutting it close. They are also closed on the weekends so I'd have to take off more work to go there.

Accountability was good again yesterday. This week has been better than it's ever been. I'm back to weighing everything I eat and being super strict with calories and sticking to plan. Just wish the scale would start moving again. I miss the days of losing 1-5 pounds per week. Sigh...

QOTD: Well every Christmas we have our annual family Christmas Eve party. It's pretty much the only time the entire extended family gets together. We always do finger foods/appetizers and several of the ones we normally have every year are ribbon sandwiches my aunt makes, Buckeyes and bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers. There is also this Christma*****h we always have every year that I can remember since I was a little girl....not sure what all is in it, but I swear I could drink the whole punch bowl!

B: coffee w/Splenda and sf creamer x 2

B2: protein shake (premier shake mixed with a frozen banana)

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: 4 oz chicken breast and broccoli

S: L&F Greek yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

supershopper
on 9/24/20 4:21 am

hi all well I missed yesterday because I was in a mood. so anywhoo...

QOTD: depends on the holiday really but Christmas is always magic cookie bars, buckeyes, peanut brittle, divinity, Watergate salad... my mom likes to make this chocolate éclair dessert often and banana nut bread. sisters aren't as much into food baking. I made this amazing Italian cream cake one year but that was about 4 years ago. I like to change things up- one year I made fresh peach ice cream.

food plan- lots of veggies today, and have to cook some things since I don't have food prepped. So my menu Is up in the air...

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Teenie
on 9/24/20 4:42 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

I was also looking for a little more sleep last night but the hot flashes got the best of me. I know I won't be napping today because I just don't know how to and I never had unless I was sick. But I am up so I guess I'll get my run in shower and get ready for the rest of the day.

QOTD: We always have Charcuterie platters but we have had them since I was a kid this is not just because of the new fad. I also have Cheesecake at every event. It is now expected of me.

Accountability: I did dig in the peanut butter and had some Pistachios.

TSS: 2 years 9 Months and 13days 131.4 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Pumpkin Spice w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos Triple Zero salted caramel Greek yogurt and Berries

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Pumpkin spice

L: Chicken salad, snack select from Aldi, Dilly Bites

D: Chili Dog no bun

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been great. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: 3 Mile run (On my way.)

Everybody have a Great day.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 9/24/20 7:35 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Chrissy, have you heard of Soma night wear? I had a terrible time with hot flashes until I started hormone treatment. The Soma wear was somewhat helpful as it wicks the sweat away from you so you are not freezing and wet afterwards .

Hot Flashes. The gift that keeps on giving. How come they never told us how bad they would be?

karenp8
on 9/24/20 5:07 am - Brighton, IL

Quick post as it's time to get hubby moving for work. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and I got my evening walk in too,even though I went alone. Also took an extra short walk with Lily since she didn't want to go far. Weight today is 120.6. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c beef and mushroom soup D 3/4 c chili with cheese and a small piece of cornbread. Have a good day and stay safe everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics