What's on your Saturday Menu?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/26/20 4:39 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Welcome to Saturday! It is an Indian Summer here in Massachusetts so everyone in the area is taking advantage of it. Mike and I are leaving at 11 for Boston to stay overnight at a jail turned into a hotel overlooking the river. We can walk most places in Boston from there (it is a small, walkable city). We have reservations in the North End tonight, the Italian section of Boston. I haven't been into Boston since Covid so I am looking forward to it.

QOTD: What's the best location to fully enjoy a good cup of coffee? My most favorite is in my sunroom at my Cape Cod house. Second would be the deck at the same house if warm enough and my third would on the lanai in Florida. The most important thing to me is having lots of light and feeling (or being) outdoors.

TSS: 4 years, 6 months

B: Coffee!!! eggs and cottage cheese

L: ?

D: ?

S: ?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 9/26/20 6:03 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning and thanks for getting us started today Liz.

Yesterday was just a nightmare. I found out my Medicaid stops on October 1st. So I was calling so many places just to find that out. I then had to call doctors offices. One of which was my neurosurgeon. I tried to get in before the 30th as a last hope. No appointments and then I proceeded to cry on the phone with that poor receptionist. She told me to call Monday to see if anyone cancels. I also have to go Monday to reapply at the district clinic. They might cover the pain management and neurosurgeon but that's a big might. I still go there but since the changes have to apply for full coverage there.

I feel so utterly defeated. I had nightmares all night long, bad ones. My head hurts and my face is still swollen from crying so much. I had to quit WW since I'll no longer have an income that's dependable. I'm just a big ol' heaping pile of mess.

qotd: sitting and watching the birds outside. Usually in the evenings since our house faces east in the mornings....the sun makes it hard to enjoy.

b: GF pancakes, plant based butter and 2 turkey sausage links

l: ???

d: squash and ???

s: popcorn, kiwi or banana

Maddymoe2
on 9/26/20 6:14 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Melody,

I am so sorry you are dealing with this!

karenp8
on 9/26/20 6:36 am - Brighton, IL

So sorry to hear this,Melody. You're on my prayer list.

White Dove
on 9/26/20 6:42 am - Warren, OH

I am sorry that this is happening to you. You may need to get a lawyer to help.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/26/20 6:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am so sorry Melody. This doesn't seem right.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 9/26/20 7:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

oh wow - this is terrible. I wonder if having an advocate or lawyer would help. I'm not even sure what to say...this is just awful!

Melody P.
on 9/26/20 7:42 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you everyone!

I do plan on contacting a lawyer early next week...prob Tuesday. I got the paper work sent yesterday but had to mail it since our SSA office is closed to walk ins and they can't answer the phone.... I only have a certain amount of time to notify them I plan to appeal. They said I'll get the next two months of SS but if they deny my appeal I'd most likely have to pay it back.

what has made me the maddest is that they decided this on the 21st and I found out on the 24th and it all ends this month. No freakin notice. I am madder than a wet hen. I'm pretty confident that things will work out...and even if they don't the way I want things will be ok. They didn't consider my back so I sent with all the appeal stuff a copy of my MRI report and all the information for the doctor and NP I see currently. I requested the appeal where I could add new information. Why in hell they counted my type 2 diabetes as a disability in the first place...I dunno. In their paperwork they said my mental condition had gotten worse and that they didn't know what kind of work I could do but that I could.

also on another note. VOTE PEOPLE!

White Dove
on 9/26/20 9:50 am - Warren, OH

Diabetes is not cured by the surgery. You are still diabetic. Your diabetes is currently in remission. Make sure to tell them that on your appeal. If your disability was based on diabetes and the people at Social Security are under the impression that the surgery cured it, then that is their basis for saying you are no longer disabled.

Studies show that about 27% of people in remission from diabetes will relapse during the first five years after the surgery. Even though you may be still following the correct diet and exercise, your pancreas has been damaged and will also be growing older. The remission can end at any time after the surgery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

nurl
on 9/26/20 8:23 am
RNY on 05/14/13
I am so sorry this is happening to you?

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 406 views