Help..if your diabetes goes into remission after surgery, can it come back?

VioletFemme
on 10/1/20 11:09 am - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

I was insulin dependent pre-op. My diabetes immediately went into remission right after surgery and I immediately went off diabetes medications. I have maintained an A1C under 5.0 since my surgery. My medical file was updated to Type 2 diabetic - controlled through diet and exercise. I feel that is accurate, I am still a type 2 diabetic. However, I have to put in the work with my diet and exercise to maintain my results.

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

ReginaL
on 10/1/20 11:18 am
RNY on 06/25/20

VioletFemme, thanks for providing this personal information that makes complete sense. If diabetes can only be in remission and isn't going away, then it's still with us. Building a wall with healthy choices all around including exercise sounds like a solid plan, focusing on the positives. Just curious, what surgery did you have, and are you happy to have chosen the one you did?

VioletFemme
on 10/1/20 11:27 am - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

RNY. I am 100% happy. I lost 100% of my excess weight, have no complications, and regained my health.

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

ReginaL
on 10/2/20 10:44 am
RNY on 06/25/20

VioletFemme, congratulations on your health and success! That's a good testimonial for weight loss surgery and your medical team, not to mention the hard work you have put in!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 298 views