What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 10/3/20 7:17 am, edited 10/3/20 7:18 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning all. I was waiting for someone to start but I guess I'll be the one!

Nothing big planned for this weekend. I'm still coughing up my lungs...I'm so ready for that to stop. The smoke was heavy in the air last night so that?s bothering that too.

Anyone have big plans for the weekend?

QOTD: do you do spring cleaning or fall cleaning...or both? We do both. If my back was not bothering me so much I'd be going through my room and getting rid of a lot of stuff.

b: oats, peanut butter and coffee

l: chicken breast and some fried cauliflower rice

d: ham and some kind of veggie

s: GF zucchini bread, popcorn and cashews

have a good day everyone!

Melody P.
on 10/3/20 7:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Morning chuckle...

MadisonRose
on 10/3/20 8:15 am
RNY on 01/23/19

That is so me! Trying to grab my package while holding both cats back from running out the door! Lol

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/4/20 4:47 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL! This is great!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 10/3/20 7:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

well my feet are much better and my headache/nausea was gone by mid-day yesterday, so all is well! I went out for a short (40 minute) bike ride late yesterday afternoon, but I was freezing most of the time I was out. I think it'll be just as cold today, so I'll need to bundle up when I go (and I SHOULD go - I've not had nearly enough exercise this week because of the rain and cold). Luckily it'll be back up in the 60s next week. YAY!

nothing much else on the agenda today, although I need to do a lot of reading for my classes. I made protein pancakes this morning for the first time in ages, and I'm making a Chinese-style steak, Napa cabbage, and Chinese noodle stir-fry-type dish for dinner.

accountability hasn't been the greatest lately, but it hasn't been HORRIBLE, but my weight this morning was the lowest it's been all year. I guess I just needed to switch things up.

QOTD: I just do a deep cleaning when the mood strikes me, regardless of the time of year - but to be honest, that "mood" hasn't hit me for a couple of years. I know this house needs it, but I have no motivation to do it...

TSS: 5y4m out today!

B: protein pancakes with 1/2 C plain Greek yogurt and blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: AmyLu chicken sausage and 1 C chickpea harissa soup

AS: piece of protein pumpkin pie with 2 T light Cool Whip and probably a pear or an apple

D: steak/Napa cabbage/Chinese wheat noodle dish

have a great Saturday!

karenp8
on 10/3/20 7:50 am - Brighton, IL

Thanks for starting us out ,Melody. I checked to see if it was started but lacked the enthusiasm to do it! No exciting plans here,either just laundry and grocery store in a bit. Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more. Accountability was exactly as planned and weight is 120.2. Have to make sure to get my steps. During the work week it's no problem because I am running all over a huge warehouse but weekends I have to be a bit more intentional. QOTD both. Plus when winterize the camper it gets a total clean out. That will happen by the beginning of November probably. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L not sure as we may pick something up D 4 oz of ribeye steak. I'm also planning for 3/4 c cheesy popcorn before bed (if I'm hungry). Have a safe and healthy day everyone!

MadisonRose
on 10/3/20 8:32 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! What a relief it was to catch up on some much needed sleep! This past week had been very busy and hectic....constantly on the go with very little sleep. I think it all finally caught up with me. Had a great time last night with my mom, brother and his girlfriend. Dinner was so delicious! I'm not even gonna lie....my accountability was so good up until last night and then it was like I just ate what I wanted. Mom and I split their famous Mac and cheese dish with short ribs and then we split the banana foster for dessert. I felt like crap after of course which reminded me why I don't eat like this often. Surprisingly the scale was down this morning, but I'm not gonna be deceived......I'm sure it will catch up to me by tomorrow. So today it's back on track!

Mom loved her picture my brother and I gave her and almost cried. I'm so glad she liked it. It's all she could talk about! Lol. I still need to go pick out some new glasses at some point. I've just had no motivation to do so. I also need to get groceries. Right now I'm just being lazy on my screened in porch with the kitties enjoying this nice weather!

QOTD: I deep clean when the mood strikes me. God knows my house needs it! Especially with it's 2 cats! I really do have to be in the mood to do it though because if not I'll end up doing just a little vacuum, mop and dust and be done with it.

B: coffee w/Splenda & sf creamer x 2

B2: protein shake (premier shake mixed with a frozen banana)

L: either another protein shake or some roast beef and laughing cow cheese

D: some leftover steak and salad

S: L&F Greek yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

White Dove
on 10/3/20 8:34 am - Warren, OH

I used to do one room a month. That way everything got cleaned at least once a year and bathrooms, and kitchen twice. I no longer want to be up on a ladder washing walls and ceilings. Now they get dusted and repainted when needed. If I really felt I needed the ceilings and walls washed down, I would hire someone to do that. I do hire a service to clean all the windows and screens once a year. They send two guys and it takes them about an hour. It would take me one or two days on my own.

I just hired a painter to paint the bedrooms and he will do that in November. So this month, I will completely empty all of the closets, so they can be painted inside. I am watching Home Edit on Netflix and reading the first of their books. That helps me to figure out what to get rid of from the closets and how to best organize what I decide to keep.

I love the Container Store and wish there was one close to me. I am a big fan of storage containers and labels. I use the P-Touch and am trying to convince myself that I deserve a Cricut. I am not crafty at all, but really love seeing the cute labels that people show on Pinterest. Maybe they will have a Black Friday special on them somewhere.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 10/3/20 8:52 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning from the beach! The marine layer is thick and just starting to burn off. I took a four mile bike ride this morning. Thighs are feeling it. Working towards confidence on the bike and building endurance. Planning to get on it a few more times today as this location is fun, a little bit baby hills and mist important right now, pretty safe. So I need to put in as many miles as I can do I can start taking this in more urban areas with less fear.

QOTD. Not really. Between my controlling nature and neat freak-ness and my husband's detail oriented personality, we pretty much rotate through the house in a regular basis doing heavy cleaning. His current project is hand scrubbing the floors. Even though he washes them weekly, what a difference it is making!

menu is totally up in the air. I have beef jerky to fall back on if I need a boost or can't find a good choice.

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Tekish
on 10/3/20 10:37 am

Good morning,

No big plans. Daughter and grandson are coming for a visit. It means she and my wife talk and me and grandson wrestle. Fun times.

QOTD: What is this 'cleaning' of which you speak?

B: eggs;

L: looks like Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo;

D: Sushi, if anything.

S: Don't snack generally

Merry weekend.

Tek

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 320 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?