What's on your Monday Menu?

catwoman7
on 10/5/20 8:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

oh thanks - although I really didn't know her very well. I was assigned legal guardianship the first week of January, but then in mid-March, the county no longer allowed people to visit nursing facilities, so that was the last time I actually saw her. Before that I'd go every other week to see her, so I probably only saw her five times. She was fun, though - she was deaf, so her caregiver had to interpret for us (she had some dementia as well). She always wanted me to take her picture when I was there - so I learned the sign for that pretty quickly!!! Anyway, I feel so bad for Alissa (her caregiver) - she'd gotten very close to Yvonne.

Melody P.
on 10/5/20 8:35 am - Amarillo, TX

So sorry for your loss!

NYMom222
on 10/5/20 7:50 am
RNY on 07/23/14

QOTD: I cycle things in and out. Cycled in for awhile are my yogurt pie and my Pumpkin protein muffin/bread that I add shredded carrots and sometime zucchini to. Now that it is Fall, it is definitely soup weather. Have both homemade chicken with Banza rice, as well as tomato soup in my fridge right now. I used to eat a chocolate mug cake recipe I got from the World according to Eggface, but I do not eat that anymore.

Food: egg frittata and low carb tortilla
chicken on salad with Ginger Carrot Miso dressing
Pork Carnitas and veggies
S: yogurt, pumpkin muffin, protein

I have been having a hard time lately eating very solid food. IDK if it is acid or what. I like shredded and soft food. Other food just seems like it is stuck.

EX: At home lifting.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

catwoman7
on 10/5/20 8:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

protein pumpkin muffins sound great right now - maybe I'll make some today!!!

Au_Contraire
on 10/5/20 8:22 am

Hello RnY Kiddos! Hope you are all well!

I love that it's cool out early and at night now. The trees are turning, the leaves are falling, and I'm back in tall boots, my favorites! The only downside to the wheel of the year turning is how dark it will get in another month or so. This far north, the days become very dark - too dark - during the cold months, and of course, it will be very wet. I'm not a huge fan of PNW winters. But fall is still my favorite season!

My reaction to the pneumonia vaccine is over, thank God, except my shoulder still hurts when I move it in a particular way. It never hurt before the shot. I hope that also stops, in time.

I had cataract surgery on one eye a few days ago and will have the other one done mid-month. I know that makes me sound like I'm 90. My vision has been deteriorating for a few years and it was clearly time. It was not pleasant but I can see with great precision out of that eye now, yay! I still wear a contact lens in the other eye but soon that lens too will be a thing of the past! I've worn contacts since I was 17 so this is pretty cool. One downside to improved visual acuity is that I now see every last freaking little wrinkle and line when I look in the mirror! The view was a bit softer, a bit more veiled, before surgery! It is humbling - there I was, feeling all sexy and good about my looks, and now I realize that my age is, after all, clearly evident. Oh well! Better than the alternative!

I've had a headache since I woke up the day of surgery and still feel it now - I hope it vanishes soon.

My two Siamese kitties had their 19th birthday on October 1! They remain adorable, beautiful, and wonderfully companionable. I am so luck to have them.

I decided to buckle down with my diet. I had gained a few pounds and want them gone. I have been paying attention and have been careful, yet still essentially hovering: I'd lose a few, but a few days later they'd return. So I decided to do the obvious and get serious. I'm keeping my calories to 750, protein high, carbs low, record-keeping thorough. No more creamer, hello cashew milk. No cheese (due to poor portion control on my part), no SF popsicles (ditto), no nuts (ditto again!). Less or no coffee (cashew milk doesn't stand up quite robustly enough to coffee for my taste, though I will adjust), gallons of tea. Anyway, it's working, and my reduction of carbs and upping of protein has resulted in my hunger being quite manageable. I'll lose a little by my birthday this Friday, but (fingers crossed!) I should be where I want to be by Halloween. I don't have a ton to lose, but I see those few pounds in the fit of my pencil skirts. They zip but would look better a little looser, and I refuse to replace my beautiful post-WLS wardrobe. I actually do prefer my thighs at this weight (a little fuller) but not my abdomen (also a little fuller). Anyway, I'm working on it!

The news these days is so, so wild. We haven't received our ballots here yet, but as soon as mine comes I'm voting! I hope all of you vote and vote early. It's always important, but especially so this time around.

QOTD: There are foods I choose to avoid, but nothing I'm currently sick of. I once seriously over-ate salmon and avoided all seafood for a couple of years afterwards, but that was long ago, and it's a big part of my diet now. But I do cycle in and out of various foods.

First: big mugs of Twining's Irish Breakfast Tea with cashew milk and Jordan's salted caramel syrup.

B: rainbow trout

L: AmyLu's chicken burgers

D: chicken breast, broccoli

S: HB egg

Have a wonderful day, my RnY peeps!

Melody P.
on 10/5/20 8:34 am - Amarillo, TX

Good to see you posting! I had cataract surgery last year at 38. It was wild and made me so embarrassed. But I got accustomed to it. Glad you're getting them taken care of!

Au_Contraire
on 10/5/20 11:00 am

Hi Melody! I'm really glad to have this done too. I have been using monovision contacts (one eye adjusted for reading distance, one eye adjusted for far distances) for around the past 15 years and the lens I'm getting are also monovision, which is cool! So now I can read everything brilliantly, but am still blind as a bat without my other contact - it's so cool that they can fix this.

Emiepie
on 10/5/20 8:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Always nice to "see" you when you check in.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 10/5/20 11:02 am

Thanks Kelly, you too! I'm thrilled about your new job and hope soon to read all about it!

Julia S.
on 10/5/20 10:16 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD-I can't do shakes at all, in the 80's I did Optifast and I have never recovered.

I took off at 10AM on Friday and went to the beach. It wasn't very warm about 60 and there was mist off and on. I'll post pics on Friday. It is my happy place, I only spent part of the day there but I got my long walk on the beach and just sitting on a log staring at the waves. I also got my smoked salmon. It must have worked because my coworker said I looked more relaxed this morning on Teams. It's all about perspective.

I didn't do much over the weekend got my nails done Saturday and watched my Seahawks on Sunday. It wasn't pretty but they won, first time they are 4-0 since they won the Superbowl. I hate to mention it but my 2 least favorite teams lost as well Dallas to Cleveland which is amazing, and SF to the Eagles. OK I'll quit gloating. Football is one of the few pleasures in my life.

I've been so busy at work, and it was hard to walk away at 10AM Friday but I already had my 40 hours in and I needed to get away.

I wouldn't wish Covid on anyone, but it seems to be poetic justice that the orange one got it. Not that it will change anyone's behavior like it should. None of us are invincible. Wear a mask, it isn't a political statement but a way to protect yourself and others from spreading this.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 423 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?