What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 10/10/20 5:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone.

I'm up and at em way way to early. I've not been sleeping all to well. One of my cousins is coming over today to look at some furniture we are going to be getting rid of. We have no place for it and our big sheds roof is leaking. The bad storm we had a month or two ago seemed to have done it. So we will be clearing out stuff.

I'm going to be dragging today and my back is super sore this morning. It's gonna be a long day!

QOTD: Do you talk to yourself at all? What kind of things do you discuss? Lol

I do and I also talk to my kitties and pups. Usually telling myself to just do something I'm dreading or just things I'm trying to remember.

b: 1 egg, turkey sausage, daiya cheese and coffee

l: gardein "chicken" patty and a slice of GF bread

d: squash...maybe chicken... it 100% sure how I'll fix it

s: pear, popcorn and a kiwi

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/10/20 5:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you for starting the thread Melody. I am sorry you haven't slept well. I know you have had a lot of pain and that sure doesn't help.

Today we are hosting a family birthday party at my house. So I have to get ready for that. Two days to my Florida departure, so tomorrow will be laundry, final packing, and putting the summer furniture away. I can't believe the time has come already!

QOTD: I am constantly talking to myself and to Justice. I tend to do it somewhat under my breath when talking to myself which causes other people around to ask if I am talking to them. I assure them that I am only talking to myself.

TSS: 4 years, 6 months

B: Coffee!!! Scrambled eggs and cottage cheese or steel cut oats with PB2

L: Deli chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Appetizers, short ribs and/or halibut, grilled veggies, carrot cupcakes, wine (clearly not a low-cal/low-carb meal)

S: See Dinner above - should cover enough (LOL)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

karenp8
on 10/10/20 5:46 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have our first walk done. We're spending the day today at the in laws with both boys and our daughter in law. They drove down from Minneapolis Thursday for the weekend. Have to get hubby up shortly so we can head. They live about and hour and a half from here and Miss Lily will go with us. We'll get some walking in there too. Accountability was spot on yesterday and weight is 120.4. QOTD yes to myself and to Lily. Usually rehashing plans for the day or sometimes to Miss Lily if I'm upset about something. She never judges! Here's the food B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz meatloaf D 3/4 c baked potato soup. Have a great day and stay safe everyone! Time for coffee!

Maddymoe2
on 10/10/20 6:10 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Karen,

Enjoy your family time today and safe travels.

White Dove
on 10/10/20 5:48 am - Warren, OH

I once worked midnight shift in a computer operations center. There were five of us and back when there were huge printers that printed out reports every night. The printers were really loud. Too loud to carry out normal conversations. We all talked to ourselves. If anyone would have walked in there, they would have thought it was some kind of mental institution.

I sometimes find myself talking to myself when walking in a parking lot and notice someone looking at me strangely. I do think it is funny and laugh at myself.

I have long conversations with my cat, which I am sure is due to living alone.

I am sorry about the shed roof. I hope you find someone to take the furniture. I am in the middle of a cleaning up and throwing away project. I have a painter coming in November and am taking everything out of the bedroom closets so he can paint them. I am storing things in the basement but a lot of it probably needs to just leave the house.

I started selling some clothes on Poshmark. I have had a lot of likes and follows, but no sales. So I am going to give up that idea and just pack everything into bags and take it to the Goodwill.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 10/10/20 5:58 am - Amarillo, TX

We are starting to get rid of a lot of stuff. We live against a highway and they are set to expand it and there is a big chance we will lose our house. It's part of something called port to plains corridor. As of right now they say we won't but they have inspected our house since it's one of the only brick houses in the neighborhood. They are doing away with some bridges and they'll have to blast some and part of the hill behind our house down to the highway level. It'll damage our foundation. We'd fix the roof but we are not putting much money into our property until we know what's happening.

sorry for the book!

Maddymoe2
on 10/10/20 6:19 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Melody,

I hope you don't lose your house. I have been getting rid of stuff too and it feels really good to de-clutter. Its amazing how much stuff I have gotten rid of since my kids moved out.

Melody P.
on 10/10/20 7:19 am - Amarillo, TX

Secretly I hope they do. I know that sounds crazy but this was my grandparents home and it's on 1/4 an acre which is way to much for us. Since I can't mow it's all on my mom. Lots of good memories for sure but I don't love it here. It'll always be the house my grandpa died in. The sheds are huge and hard to care for. One housed a 5th wheel and a boat & truck. The other has an old car in it and a place we keep our yard stuff. It's just so much stuff. When they work on the high way it's gonna be loud!

thanks! De-cluttering is kind of freeing...I need to do sooo much!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/10/20 8:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Hopefully they will give you a fair deal if they take the house.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Maddymoe2
on 10/10/20 6:16 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Mary,

If you have womens clothing to donate, look for shelters. I donate to the domestic violence shelter here. I like that it goes directly to someone that can use it.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Forum Search Error & 404