What's on your Saturday menu?

White Dove
on 10/10/20 6:37 am - Warren, OH

Thanks for the reminder.

When I retired, I donated all of my business wear to an organization that helps young women who are getting started in the workplace. I had forgotten about that and will find an organization like a domestic violence shelter.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/19/20 8:59 am

I often talk on my Bluetooth, that is practically invisible with my hair over my ear. Now they are more popular, but when they first came i a very small format, I often had people either following me thinking I talk to them, or they thought I was butt-**** crazy. Personally, I liked when they though I was crazy and would leave me alone.

Though one time one older lady took me by the arm and she was trying "to help me" by telling me that there is nobody around, and if I hear voices and respond then I probably need doctor. She was very concerned.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Maddymoe2
on 10/10/20 6:05 am, edited 10/9/20 11:08 pm
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. I woke up at 4:30 this morning. I debated about trying to get back to sleep, but its raining, and I love it. I am currently sitting with the windows open, listening to the rain, sipping my hot tea.

I am just going to be home today. I may work out in the garage today with my hubby. I am just feeling flabby. I walk all the time, but I really need to start incorporating more weights and squats.

Accountability- Yesterday was another great day. I made crab cakes last night and they were delicious!

QOTD- I always talk to myself. I give myself pep talks all the time. Like when I find myself standing in front of the fridge, looking for something to snack on. I tell myself, don't do it, it isn't worth it! If you were really hungry, you would eat a boiled egg! I am not sure who said that on the boards a few years ago, but it's true! I talk to God a lot too and of course my dog. I also sing to my dog. I know she likes it because she always perks her ears up and wags her tail. The cat, not so much. She just looks at me.

Food for today-

B- 1 egg and crab cake

L-BBQ chicken pizza ( I am so excited that I found the lavish bread that Kelly posts about. I am going to use one of those, sugar free BBQ sauce, left over rotisserie chicken, red onion, jalepenos, sliced muchrooms and motz cheese)

D- not sure, I have turkey in the fridge or I may grill some chicken

Lots of water and hot tea today. A nap may be in my future today and a bubble bath. I have a large window above my bathtub and I love to open the window and hear the creek and of course the rain.

White Dove
on 10/10/20 6:39 am - Warren, OH

Cats love music too but at a different pitch than what dogs like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O57o0DCX1A

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Maddymoe2
on 10/10/20 6:07 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Melody,

I hope your pain gets better and you have a good day despite it.

Melody P.
on 10/10/20 7:14 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

catwoman7
on 10/10/20 7:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

today is my MIL's birthday. We had reservations for six tonight (at a place with outdoor seating, of course...), but I think my BIL may have COVID. The test results should be in today. I hope he doesn't because although he's only 61 (I think they're now saying over 65), he's not in the best of health. He's had two heart attacks and a stroke (or vice versa). Hopefully he'll be OK and this just turns out to be a flu. I know my sister is really worried. Anyway, we'll still have the dinner, but it'll just be DH and me and our two moms.

I was hoping to bike again today because it's SO NICE and it's supposed to turn cold again next week, but I biked 20 miles without stopping yesterday, so I'm a bit sore. Guess I'll do yoga or upper body weights instead. Boo...I was hoping to get a bunch of riding in this weekend since the weather is absolutely perfect (sunny and 70s), but I should probably take the day off.

QOTD: I talk to myself all the time - but usually under my breath or silently. I talk to the cats, too - but not really conversations. It's more like "come here Sweetie!" "Mommy loves you!" or "Do you want some more food?". DH thinks it's crazy, but I think HE'S crazy. Who doesn't talk to their pets? I thought everyone did!

TSS: 5y4m

B: either pumpkin yogurt with high fiber cereal or plain yogurt with blueberry sauce (I'd better decide soon!). Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: turkey slices with 1/4 C sweet potato casserole

AS: protein Jello with light Cool Whip

D: one piece of pizza and a piece of birthday cake

have a great day, everyone!

Melody P.
on 10/10/20 7:16 am - Amarillo, TX

I love talking to my cats. Opal is my princess and Percy is my stinky boy(he is rotten...to the core!). Merlin is my old man(20.75 years old!) and the pups have nick names too. I'm with you I think people who don't talk to them are nuts!

Au_Contraire
on 10/10/20 11:10 am

I hope your BIL will be okay. That Covid is no joke. Keep us posted. Have a lovely time at your MIL's birthday dinner!

Lisa91941
on 10/10/20 9:00 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning, today is my hot date with my daughter and dinner with the whole family. I just spent over an hour showering and getting ready for the day. Such a luxury for me since I'm usually up, through the shower and out the door in 35 minutes. I'm primed, and lotion-ed, and self tanner-ed, you name it, I used it this morning. Especially after a week on the cliffs of the beach, my skin was looking really rough. It feels pretty good to be me this morning, lol. And I lost a pound and half this last week. I'm positive that has lots to do with all the walking, biking and yoga. Hoping to carry that onwards.

QOTD: A lot of talking to myself. Ferreting out problems. I try to do a daily affirmation out loud. I am good. I am strong. I am healthy. Then I try to pick one thing to be grateful for. That usually happens out loud too. And I talk to my son that passed out loud for some reason when he crosses my mind in a forceful way.

menu: it's just a frame work. I will try to make good choices

B PP shake. Cottage cheese

l. Tbd

D. Aiming for air fryer fish tacos and fat free retried beans with a bit of cheeses and sour cream lime sauce.

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?