Help! My protein shakes all taste like dirt, every flavor!

ReginaL
on 10/14/20 8:33 am
RNY on 06/25/20

EllyFunt, love the name. It's hard enough sometimes to get things down, let alone something that tastes like nothing I've eaten before. We both need a revamp on the ol' tastebuds it seems. Here's hoping for yours to resolve soon!

EllyFunt
on 10/15/20 3:59 pm
RNY on 08/21/20

Reliving old memories of my childhood of Suzy, EllieFunt, Snoozy-Boof and the gang!

My tastebuds are on strike!

ReginaL
on 10/19/20 9:58 am
RNY on 06/25/20

EllyFunt, some of the members here have some great advice about additions to protein shakes like fresh fruit. Chocolate protein powder from syntrax mixed and then blended with fresh strawberries helped the ol' buds!

EllyFunt
on 10/19/20 3:28 pm
RNY on 08/21/20

not at a stage where I can have fruit yet. We have to lose most of our excess weight before we can add fruits, veggies (and eventually) grains.

Starfire1
on 10/13/20 8:19 pm

My thought is that you're going through a change and your tastebuds are off. It may disappear but I would try different shakes continually until you find one that you can stomach - I tried many - but I noticed that my tastebuds changed over time. Plus I was having issues with dumping on them - but most of that has subsided over the years.

ReginaL
on 10/14/20 8:35 am
RNY on 06/25/20

Hi Starfire1,

I've read up about tastebuds changing and then going back the other way, so I'm hoping it's just that and it's temporary. The two brands I was using were ones I had used prior to surgery and really had tasted a lot to find those! I feel like a child being picky, but YUCK! Glad to hear it could be just a phase. Thanks!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 245 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics