Surgery Date

on 10/16/20 8:29 am

Hello everyone.

I finally have my surgery date, Nov 4. So excited seems like such a long time since started the journey. But now Covid is on the rise here. And I am wondering about getting canceled for reason of hospital shut down, which they have done for elective procedures. Has anyone else been canceled?

on 10/16/20 10:33 am

Sorry I can't answer your question, personally... but If you surgery is cancelled, please don't feel discouraged. You would rather be safer than have the potential to be exposed to COVID, especially if you are healing. Coughing is hard enough right after surgery, you don't need any additional issues making your healing process longer

Congrats on getting scheduled. Prayers that COVID numbers stay and/or go down.

on 10/16/20 1:46 pm
RNY on 10/21/20

I can't answer your question but I wanted to say congratulations on your surgery date. I just had rny on 10/7 and it has been a trip they did have me monitor for a fever up until surgery and told me if I had one they could cancel and do a covid test then I would have to wait on results and reschedule. Luckily I was good.

on 10/16/20 2:22 pm


People have been DELAYED. I find framing things in a positive light reduces anxiety.

Even if you are delayed, you will get it in the end... err... the middle. Well, wherever.

Good luck and enjoy the ride.