What's on your Thursday Menu?

White Dove
on 10/22/20 5:47 am - Warren, OH

What wonderful pictures. I am so happy that this trip has turned out so wonderful for you and Mike.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 10/22/20 6:16 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Pre WLS, I knew I was going to Savannah and I really, really wanted to do the Bonaventure Cemetary Segway tour...but I was over the weight limit. It was one of the time I successfully crash dieted to meet a short term goal, by 1 lb, and then they never even weighed me. It was so much fun, would highly recommend either the segway or the walking tour there.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 10/22/20 8:11 am

There is also a nature preserve there and that is fun.

also Mrs wilkes boarding house has an amazing meal!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Teenie
on 10/22/20 8:06 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Oh My! Just beautiful.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 10/22/20 12:33 pm - Amarillo, TX

Most of my very old family roots on my moms side are from the Carolinas. Have always wanted to visit. Thanks for the pictures!

White Dove
on 10/22/20 5:43 am - Warren, OH

I can't imagine finding out company news like that on the radio. When I worked information security, sensitive announcements were composed the day before. Then I would get a sealed envelope to be opened officially the next morning. Sometimes I wanted to open that envelope the night before.

It often would contain the names of people who were going to be let go the next day. I would open the envelope in the morning and make sure all of their security was taken away before they were called in to be told they were separating from the company.

There was a point where they were getting rid of so many people that I would get a list a month in advance with thousands of names and userids. I understood that it needed to be done, but it could be very depressing. The thing I will never miss about my former job was stripping away a person's security access before they got fired. It is a precaution to keep them from sabotaging the computer systems as revenge.

I watched so many success stories of people who started small and ended up with really great stores and restaurants. One was a grocery store where you could go to the meat counter at lunchtime and they would make up any sandwich you wanted. Then you went and got a bottle of pop from the cooler and ate at some old wooden tables in the back of the store. Now they run one of the swankiest restaurants in the area with a wonderful selection of gourmet food and wine.

I was getting ready to make the bed one morning and had a white comforter on the floor next to me. The cat ran over and peed right n the middle of that comforter. And there was blood in the pee. When I took her to the vet, she had a urinary infection and was showing me that she needed help. I hope yours is just skittish but cats are smart and sometimes peeing outside the litterbox is a plea of help.

I love that kid's letter. It makes me realize how much I miss seeing my nieces and nephews during COVID. I get daily updates on Facebook, but they grow so quickly. I want to plan a big family reunion when COVID is over. Some of my high school classmates contacted me this week and want to have a reunion next summer for the class of 66. It would be 55 years. One suggested that we get a big tent or tents and have an outdoor party. But I am not going to put a bunch of 73 year old people in a situation where they might get sick.

Partlypollyanna
on 10/22/20 8:32 am
RNY on 02/14/18

With a previous company, we found that IT would enter a "end date" when they received the layoff lists. I had to call and tell them that date was visible in outlook.

then there was the company I did some consulting for where they did a mass layoff by turning off people's key cards...and gave aiT the wrong list.

There is no good way to do a reduction in force but man, there are lots of ways to do it the worst

Jen

White Dove
on 10/22/20 2:22 pm - Warren, OH

A lady was in the parking lot one morning getting ready to go home after working the midnight shift. A manager sent someone out to the parking lot to tell her she needed to go back into the building. When she got back they gave her the notice that it was her last day.

Another friend got a call on a Friday afternoon. It was in July and the following Monday was the Fourth of July holiday. The person on the other end of the phone said, "I am so glad that you answered this call. If I had not been able to tell you that you are terminated today, we would have been forced to pay you for the holiday on Monday".

Partlypollyanna
on 10/22/20 6:16 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh my, those are some bad bahaviors.

Jen

Librarian67
on 10/22/20 5:44 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning folks,

I slept in a bit and started work at 5:30. I planned to wor****il 11:00, but not sure wheether I will make it that long. Between the fog, pollen, a real migraine, it's been a nasty morning.

I did get out on my porch and dig up my begonias and geraniums that can't winter over outside. I love house plants but the cats either nibble on them or "relocate" them. So I listed them on Freecycle and they are all going to a new home.

It's been really hard to keep on plan when I don't feel well. Often meat, raw veg and even protein powder make me nauseated. And it's really easy to feel sorry for myself and to eat crap in an attempt to "treat" myself. Not a good option, but I try not to beat myself up too much.

Plan for today:

B1: Double Bergamot Earl Grey tea w/ Miralax, Unjury Mighty Bites protein bar

B2: Nepal Black tea w/ 4 oz of Carbmaster Milk

The rest of the day will depend on what goes down well. Probably veg-bean soup, a TJ's Salmon burger and maybe some Carbmaster yogurt w/ berries

Very proud that I got out and did some walking on our Breezeway & several trips up and down the stairs. I'd like to do much the same today, but we'll see.

Have a great day everyone!

Janet

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 334 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics