What's on your Thursday Menu?

Melody P.
on 10/22/20 12:40 pm - Amarillo, TX

Lunch: gf bread, 2 slices of thin cut roast beef, herb mustard and daiya cheese.

snacks have been a bit out of control...gf table crackers and dairy free rice pudding. Oh and a handful of pork rinds.

dinner will be....2 ozs ground turkey, lettuce(and salad stuff) and a piece of gf bread that's toasted...kind of like croutons I hope.

last snack will be popcorn.

catwoman7
on 10/22/20 6:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All! I have a dentist appt later this morning and will probably do a grocery store run on the way back (I just need a couple of things). I'm planning on doing a Zoom exercise session this afternoon via my gym ("Stretch and Strength", I think...). I'd love to go biking since it'll be around 60 degrees today, but they're calling for thunderstorms off and on all day, so probably not. I did get out and bike yesterday afternoon, though. Colder weather starting tomorrow - so not sure when I'll get out on my bike again :-(

accountability was better yesterday, but I was still above my calorie range. I need to rein this in somehow. I'll pick up some raw veggies at the store, maybe - and maybe some that are already cut up and on a platter to make it even easier. My weight was down 1.5 lbs from the day before, but that's because I was so waterlogged yesterday.

QOTD: I wasn't even thinking of restaurants until someone mentioned them, but there are a handful of those that come to mind. Storewise, there's one that specializes in artisanal cheeses and local produce (but they also have a great meat counter and some grocery items to boot - and lots of things like jams and jellies and various sauces). Pre-COVID, they always had small samples of the cheeses and a lot of the produce, which was great because you knew exactly what you were buying. It was particularly great to be able to sample the different varieties of apples, pears, oranges, or whatever, to see which variety you liked best. Hopefully they'll do that again after this is over. The other is an Asian grocery that's been in town forever. We actually have a lot of those now, but this one is bigger than the others, and the aisles go by country. So if you're making, say, a Filipino dish, everything you need is on one aisle. I'm over there a lot...

TSS: 5y4m

B: half a jumbo protein pumpkin muffin, Carbmaster cinnamon yogurt, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: turkey slices and a tomato sandwich (with 35-calorie bread and light mayo)

AS: some kind of yogurt with raspberries, maybe a skinny bagel with light cream cheese. Or an apple.

D: 1/2 a Beyond Burger on a skinny bun, some kind of vegetable dish

have a great day, everyone!

Partlypollyanna
on 10/22/20 8:42 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I just received the new cook street cookbook, Cookish, the flavor profiles seems very much in alignment with the instant pot one but fewer ingredients and structured by types of cooking. Check it out if you see it at the library, you might like it. I'm going to try one of their low liquid stew recipes on Sunday (it will be a high of 21 so good day for stew)

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 10/22/20 9:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

my copy of Cookish arrived last night!! (I ordered it). The instant pot one is still my fave, but there were several recipes in Cookish that jumped out at me - plus, you're right - fewer ingredients. Always a big plus!

supershopper
on 10/22/20 6:26 am

well I totally got distracted writing this...

doing ok, I did have a small glass of wine before bed, it was yummy. it didn't mess up my points.

QOTD: we have some local closeout stores I love, overstocks on iced coffee, protein powders, premier protein, and health and beauty stuff also. We have a local health food store also. and we have a thrift store I love that they mark things for .25 so that is a huge sourcing place for my online business.

food plan:

b: coffee with premier

bagel thin and eggs

b2: shake?

l: salad with shrimp

d: chicken soup

s: unsure

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Maddymoe2
on 10/22/20 6:42 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning! The weekend is almost here and I am ready. I am going to work for a few hours today. I am going to deep clean and prep the kitchen to paint it. We will re-open at some point and I want it to be bright and cheery. I may sew some new curtains too.

QOTD- Our town has a little taco truck. It's owned by a local family, husband, wife with 3 kids. They even make their own tortillas. They are a really sweet family. Covid ha**** them hard. I hope they make it.

Food yesterday was on point. I couldn't eat my tuna though. I opened the can and I just couldn't do it. I normally love tuna. So, I swapped it out for an egg and ham.

Plan for today-

2 eggs, 1/2 c. cottage cheese

Josephs low carb pita, ham, swiss with spinach. ( I am in love with these pitas)

shrimp stir fry

boiled egg if needed or chomps

Teenie
on 10/22/20 6:57 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good morning JB and Menuers,

That is the cutest little animal I just want to squeeze it. Is it a sheep? I hope that the decision of going online does not cause you to much grief JB. Sorry to hear your cat is not cooperating. I hope they Vet visit finds the cat in perfect health and he is just trying to **** you off. I am still up in the air on Halloween. I am not sure if I will pass out candy or not. I only get about 20-30 if that but not sure if I want to risk it. I will see what the weather is like before I decide.

It is a beautiful fall day here in SWPA. The sun is shining and the leaves are at there prime. It is going to be in the high 70's today so I guess we can call this Indian summer. I hope it holds up through the weekend.

I did go to the gym to check it out. I felt pretty comfortable there. You need to wear your mask while you walking around but not when your on a machine I decided I want to start back 2x a week doing a Arm workout on Tuesdays and a leg workout on Thursdays.

QOTD: I love my hairdresser been going to her for 24 years. I go every 7 weeks and get the same color and cut. She is also a dear friend so it is nice to catch up on life. She has her Salon in her home. I also love My Manicurist been going there for over 14 years. When she went back to Vietnam she brought me a gift which was so nice (it was an orange pig keychain). We also share the same birthday.

Accountability: Since I went to the gym I had less snacks because by the time I digested dinner it was time for bed.

TSS: 2 years 10 Months and 11 days 132 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Pumpkin Spice w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos Salted Caramel Blended Greek Yogurt, 2 Clemintines

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Pumpkin spice

L: White Chicken Chili and Snack selects

D: left over BBQ ribs and cauliflower hash browns.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been great. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: 3 Mile run (Done).

Everybody have a Great day.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Julia S.
on 10/22/20 7:34 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Powells Books it is a full block of new and used books in downtown Portland. I love to just wander there, I quit buying books because I really have too many, I've tried to weed through them and have donated some and gave 5 grocery bags to my Mom who has been giving them away. I'd rather they got read than recycled. I now use the library on my tablet, and buy a few e-books.

I've been reading this thread daily, but don't have much to contribute. I've lost 9 of the Covid 10, so I feel good about that. I'm still struggling with work, too much to do and not enough time, but that seems to be how we operate.

We're supposed to have our first frost this weekend, it's currently 36 so winter is almost here. I blanketed my horse yesterday, I know he probably doesn't need it but it makes me feel better.

I have confirmation that my ballot was received, so I feel good about that. Oregon has done vote by mail for the last 22 years with no fraud. You sign the back of the envelope and they match it to your signature on file.

One of the few things that is getting me through the weekends is football. Two more weeks until my Ducks play...and my Seahawks are currently 5-0 it hasn't been pretty but they have won. For the first time in their history they are 5-0, but who knows if it will last. I'm hoping it does but you never know. I also try to watch the Chargers to see Justin Herbert who went to Oregon. I need to have something to get me through the cold and rain that is coming. I need to start doing some of my hobbies again, that would help to pass the time.

Accountability was crap yesterday, somehow peanut M&M's came home from Costco and I had way too many...

Have a great Friday Eve everyone! Love the goat, there are 2 minis and a full sized one at the barn. They are just too adorable.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Lisa91941
on 10/22/20 7:58 am
RNY on 10/29/19

That meme is so me! Literally how I would feel. Look in a mirror and go, ehhh, chubby but cute! Until the last two years. Then it became Who is that fat old lady in the mirror and how did she get in my house!

Flooring saga continues, blah, blah, blah. Fun lunch date with a friend today. Looking forward to tha****ching the debate tonight. We've already voted so there is no impact on us, but I'm having a glass of wine and watch to see if he combusts.

QOTD: We have a true little Italian market in our Little Italy area downtown. It's my go to for fabulous appetizers and such for dinner parties. Hell of a charcuterie plate can be gathered in there. Mona Lisa's. Fresh pasta, stuffed peppers. Now my mouth is watering.

Menu today is probably....

B: chicken lime burger from TJ's with a bit of cheese

L: half of an egg salad sandwich. Insides only

D: Chicken, broccolli with peanut sauce from this site.

Peace, everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/20 7:58 am, edited 10/22/20 12:59 am
RNY on 01/01/14

Too cute ! I love baby goats and lambs and how utterly happily they play.

Sun's Out Guns Out !!!! Swam 3/4 of an hour this morning at about 1/2 speed -I'm wiped out ! Took my post workout aminos and went to bed !

B- Vitamins, meds and SF FF chai tea latte

S- Pomegranate Juice ( 1/2 cup) w flavored seltzer

L- Homemade pumpkin soup from homemade chicken stock ( boiled a fried chicken carcass minus the skin of course yesterday) , spanish pumpkin soup mix and lots of baked heirloom squash. Adding 1 fried chicken breast meat minus skin.

Hungarian breadbasket meat filled crepes- fried chicken thigh meat ( minus skin) in garlic/onion/paprika sauce enhanced w Hungarian seasoning butter buds and ff half n half . Gulyas sauce for the top ( they're also served with ff sour cream) has a slightly different flavor. Labor intensive but worth it - kind of the Hungarian enchilada

S-ff sf pumpkin cheesecake

D- probably a salad w ff dressing and more pumpkin soup. I love soup for dinner - my parents hate it -and I hate their option of fattening cheese and toast and tea.

S- ice milk and perhaps air popped popcorn if I can manage to buy an old fashioned popcorn maker at Walmart.

I'd like to try a gentle walk but need so many things from the store I probably will go shopping. Its still super difficult to sit and get out of the car and get in and close the car door but duty calls. I don't even have a water filter and island water is notoriously cancer causing .

Cleaning and organizing particularly cleaning out second bedroom and getting ready to make into an office.

Favorite business is The Art Students League of NYC. Very low cost drawing, painting, anatomy and sculpture classes with very experienced live nude models who actually hold a pose ( its very difficult ) for three hours in the sculpture ( with breaks of course) . Great facilities for casting , firing terra-cotta and a gallery for exhibiting. The teachers are passionate real working and selling artists who often usually draw and paint and sculpt with the rest of the class . The artistic anatomy lectures are by the BEST and totally informative. Unfortunately now they're closed due to Covid. I was SO looking forward to making a statue when I was in NY and couldn't. But I might have come up with a work-around!

Most Active
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 410 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 420 views
Queen JB · 4 replies · 23 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?