What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 10/25/20 5:51 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Sunday morning everyone!

not much new to report today. I am tired and I am feeling a lot of pain so same ol same ol.

thought I'd share puppy memes today!

QOTD: What mythical creature do you wish actually existed?

centaur...not sure why but it'd crack me up which is probably not a normal reaction.

b: oatmeal and coffee

l: GF taco casserole

d: leftovers of lunch

s: popcorn, strawberries

have a good day everyone!

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/20 6:10 am
RNY on 01/01/14

I look like the second doggie ? right about now - about to start seriously ? cleaning ? ? my apartment so folks can come over 2 stay and cure their fleas ....

Dinner yesterday was rebellious - pouch wouldn't take " real food " so ended up snacking on a bag of lowfat dark chocolate chip " brownie brittle" - not too drastic Calorie wise but too much sugar

mid nite snack ( apple cinnamon Cheerios) ( woke up craving more sweet of course)

b - chai tea latte

s- maybe leftovers from Whole Foods buffet - good but greasy

l- trying to persuade 'rents to try venturing out to our favorite Chinese Buffet

d -Lightened commercial lobster bisque W fresh lobster meat . Edamame / beet Caesar salad W ff dressing

chamomile tea w ff milk n hazelnut Torani syrup

Exercise cleaning and Ikea

momyshaver
on 10/25/20 6:27 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Good morning OH Friends. Thankfully I woke up feeling much better than yesterday despite the poor menu choices. My body needed the rest. I know it didn't need what I shoved in my face hole but today is a new day. So far I have had water, morning dose of calcium and D and my daily allotment of coffee. I am going to try to focus on fluids today through water and herbal tea. I would also like to hit my supplement goals and get my PT, (walking and outside animal care), done.

I am not sure about meals today. I would like to really hone in on portions and protein but we will see how that pans out. My brain is screaming carbs but my body needs protein. I have been having some cream of wheat many of these colder days and it at least has iron and is on my plan. I don't know. I struggle with food anxiety quite a bit after the past few years but I need to just nail something down and maybe rotate that.

QoTD... I am unsure of which mythical creature I would choose. Maybe a genie in a bottle? I would have to be very careful about how I worded my wishes though! =)

White Dove
on 10/25/20 6:45 am - Warren, OH

I grew up believing in leprechauns. My father was from Ireland and I really did believe that they lived over there. The legend seems to have started in the 8th century. I partially believe that there were colonies of very short people who the 8th century Irish believed were supernatural. But no evidence has ever been found of that.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/25/20 7:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

so no coffee out with the moms today (our usual Sunday morning schtick) - they are coming to our house (the coffee place IS open, but I'm not sitting inside. We did that once and I won't do it again). I'm going to pick up some muffins from the grocery store in a few minutes - and we have apples, pears, and bananas here. I also made two breakfast-y "pies" last night that they're welcome to have a piece of, if they prefer - a protein pumpkin pie and the famous WW lemon/blueberry yogurt pie - both crustless.

other than that, I need to do more reading for at least my one class - and track down some info for a committee meeting I have this week.

the other day I spotted some discounted bags of Navitas cacao butter at one of my stores. I read about it online yesterday. Some people bake with it (instead of other fats), and some people drop a small chunk in their morning coffee to get some nice smelling fat (it smells chocolately - but doesn't taste very chocolately). So I picked up a bag yesterday. It does smell great. I put a small chunk in my coffee this morning. Wow - it made the coffee very filling (no surprise there - I know Keto dieters use similar things). I'll see if it helps me keep my calories in check today (although my biggest problem is late afternoon - not morning - so maybe I can drop some of this in some afternoon beverage in the future...). I also made some pumpkin dessert hummus yesterday (using monkfruit instead of sugar). It's good - but I prefer the chocolate one.

other than that, my winter cycling pants were delivered yesterday, so I'm ready for cold weather cycling (well, maybe 40 degrees - I don't think I'll be one of those enthusiasts who are out biking in sub-zero weather!). And I also made a bunch of that cucumber salad they make at Thai restaurants. This will be great since it has hardly any calories in it...

QOTD: I have no idea! If anything pops into mind, I'll come back and update..

TSS: 5y4m

B: I'm pretty full after that fat-enhanced coffee - but maybe I should have a L&F yogurt for the protein?

MS: more coffee for sure (but not fat-enhanced). Maybe my last homemade protein pumpkin muffin while the others are enjoying their regular 500-calorie store-bought ones

L: I'll probably have it more like mid-afternoon - but I'm thinking cottage cheese with diced mango

D: 1/2 Beyond Burger on a skinny bun, Thai cucumber salad

have a great day, everyone!

momyshaver
on 10/25/20 8:09 am
VSG on 06/28/17
On October 25, 2020 at 2:11 PM Pacific Time, catwoman7 wrote:

Mornin' All!

so no coffee out with the moms today (our usual Sunday morning schtick) - they are coming to our house (the coffee place IS open, but I'm not sitting inside. We did that once and I won't do it again). I'm going to pick up some muffins from the grocery store in a few minutes - and we have apples, pears, and bananas here. I also made two breakfast-y "pies" last night that they're welcome to have a piece of, if they prefer - a protein pumpkin pie and the famous WW lemon/blueberry yogurt pie - both crustless.

other than that, I need to do more reading for at least my one class - and track down some info for a committee meeting I have this week.

the other day I spotted some discounted bags of Navitas cacao butter at one of my stores. I read about it online yesterday. Some people bake with it (instead of other fats), and some people drop a small chunk in their morning coffee to get some nice smelling fat (it smells chocolately - but doesn't taste very chocolately). So I picked up a bag yesterday. It does smell great. I put a small chunk in my coffee this morning. Wow - it made the coffee very filling (no surprise there - I know Keto dieters use similar things). I'll see if it helps me keep my calories in check today (although my biggest problem is late afternoon - not morning - so maybe I can drop some of this in some afternoon beverage in the future...). I also made some pumpkin dessert hummus yesterday (using monkfruit instead of sugar). It's good - but I prefer the chocolate one.

other than that, my winter cycling pants were delivered yesterday, so I'm ready for cold weather cycling (well, maybe 40 degrees - I don't think I'll be one of those enthusiasts who are out biking in sub-zero weather!). And I also made a bunch of that cucumber salad they make at Thai restaurants. This will be great since it has hardly any calories in it...

QOTD: I have no idea! If anything pops into mind, I'll come back and update..

TSS: 5y4m

B: I'm pretty full after that fat-enhanced coffee - but maybe I should have a L&F yogurt for the protein?

MS: more coffee for sure (but not fat-enhanced). Maybe my last homemade protein pumpkin muffin while the others are enjoying their regular 500-calorie store-bought ones

L: I'll probably have it more like mid-afternoon - but I'm thinking cottage cheese with diced mango

D: 1/2 Beyond Burger on a skinny bun, Thai cucumber salad

have a great day, everyone!

I hadn't heard of that type of fat for coffee. I might check that out. Thank you for mentioning it.

MadisonRose
on 10/25/20 7:39 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all. Meeting a friend for lunch today and then getting my grocery shopping done for the week. Other than that no plans. My accountability was horrible yesterday. And I paid for it after. It's like I got a craving and instead of dismissing it as I normally do I caved and the rest is history. So today it's strictly sticking to plan.

QOTD: Hmmmm maybe Santa clause? Lol. Who wouldn't want a jolly old man delivering gifts and saving you money? Haha

B: coffee w/Splenda & sf creamer x 2

B2: protein shake

L: soup and salad

D: leftover salmon and veggies

S: L&F Greek yogurt and an apple

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Lisa91941
on 10/25/20 7:44 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I love how this thread makes me get up off my duff and go see what's in the fridge/freezer to pull together for dinner. Tonight, it's egg foo young and some lo mein for the hubs. I have all the ingredients I bought just for this and I'm using, dang it!

Yesterday was a big success. 7.5 miles of biking. Pedaled the whole way vs taking a break and using total throttle. I do use the e assist, but you have to keep pedaling for it to work. My legs felt like jelly after. A good sign for muscle work out I believe. Lunch was fabulous. I will post a couple pics tomorrow. I ended up going old school WW style and dipping the tines of my fork in the white sauce before stabbing food. I ate only one chip and it was slathered in dip. I've enough leftovers for two more meals. I also indulged in a glass of wine with it. So beautiful right on the water. I did a great job with a low calorie, filling spaghetti squash meatballs and sauce dinner and ended my day pretty low on calories.
Expecting some rain today, and I need to run to Target. Going to be a quiet, peaceful day.

QOTD. My granddaughters would certainly appreciate a unicorn. So I'll pick that.
menu

B: crispbread and tbsp of peanut butter

L. TBD

D. Egg foo young

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Tekish
on 10/25/20 9:26 am, edited 10/25/20 3:02 am

Another gloriously boring day planned at Casa Tek.

My wife has been at our daughters house for several days to look after our grandson while she's at work. We are normally joyfully attached at the hip, so not having her here... no... not having her next to me is very wrong. We both feel out of balance. So distraction is the order of the day. Did all my housework yesterday, so today is looking like make-work. I think I'll reorganize my hobby bench.

B: Bacon, mushroom, onion scrambled eggs.

L: Probably Breakfast will be more of a brunch thing.

D: No idea yet.

S: No snacks.

QOTD: Dragons of course. Not "Reign of Fire" dragons, no. "How to train your dragon" or "Dragonheart" dragons. Oh, "Eragon" dragons would work, also. My wife would want "I am Dragon" dragons. But, yeah, Dragons.

Julia S.
on 10/26/20 8:26 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Dragons as in Anne Mccaffrey dragons. When I read all the dragon rider books, it was hard to believe they are not real. I wanted at least a fire lizard (miniature dragons).

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views