Bariatric Pal Vitamins

bomoni727
on 10/31/20 9:41 pm - MN

Hello Everyone,

I would like to get some feedback from anyone on here who has taken the Bariatric Pal Vitamins. I decided to give them a try so I ordered the multi-vitamin with iron. It appears to have everything in it that is required for optimal nutrition for those of us who've had surgery. It only requires one pill a day and it is easy to swallow and it is not gel based so it dissolves in the pouch well. I just started taking them so I'll let you know how I'm feeling. I just thought I would ask on here to see what you think. Thanks in advance for all of your replies.

Monica

catwoman7
on 11/1/20 4:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

as long as they meet the requirements in the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery's list, they should be fine (attached here - scroll down to Table 3 for the list).

I'm sure most if not all bariatric-specific vitamins do.

A lot of us just take something like Centrum or the generic equivalent, though - two of those a day will get you there, too

https://asmbs.org/app/uploads/2017/06/ASMBS-Nutritional-Guidelines-2016-Update.pdf

White Dove
on 11/1/20 6:54 am - Warren, OH

Everyone's body will respond differently to vitamins. I did fine with one-a-day chewable vitamins. When I switched to a vitamin patch, I over absorbed some vitamins and my surgeon told me to go back the tablets.

I now have to add more iron as I no longer absorb much of that from tablets. I use Proferrin and have avoided infusions with that but still have low iron. I cut out calcium supplements completely because my PTH went too high. The only way you know how your body is acting is by your periodic blood work. You need complete blood work at least once a year.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Tidgel
on 11/13/20 6:04 am
RNY on 04/15/19

I have never heard of Bariatric Pal vitamins so I haven't tried them. I have tried Bariatric Advantage and just ordered Patch MD to try.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 205 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?