What's on your Saturday Menu?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/7/20 4:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Still no election results! My prediction for a variety of reasons that it will be called Sunday evening. We shall see..

QOTD: To follow up on JB's QOTD yesterday - What is your favorite type of item to buy/wear these days? I almost thought leggings, but it has been flip-flops! Those rubbery ones in all colors!

Also in a follow-up to JB's question, I got these "cigarette" pants/leggings for Christmas. Who knows where I will wear them, but I like them and got a good deal.

TSS: 4 years, 7 months

B: Coffee!!! WW zero point banana and egg pancake

L: Ahi Tuna (out to lunch)

D: Possibly WW Turkey bolognese over zoodles (if I cook) - otherwise out

S: cheesecake/strawberry yogurt pie (if I make it)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 11/7/20 5:49 am - Amarillo, TX

Morning Liz and thanks for getting us started.

I'm in a lot of pain this morning. Seeing that Tylenol 4s helped more than I thought. Yikes! My sinuses are still very sore too. Gonna be a long week I think. Very uncomfortable. I have to get a nerve block in my ****yx this coming Friday. She took me off the Tylenol 4s and put me on nothing else. Not exactly happy. I just get to have a miserable week. Trying to stay as positive as I can though.

we may start a little bit of Christmas decorating this weekend. We need something to cheer us up. We're not doing as much this year due to my back issue.

qotd: hmm...most of my "new" clothes comes from the thrift store. I found a really nice jacket there last week. If I could do whatever I'd want it'd be shoes...LOL. I only have so much room for them.

b: oatmeal and coffee

s: gf bread with plant based butter

l: probably some scrambled eggs with daiya cheese shreds

s: milk free dark chocolate and 1 tsp peanut butter

d: not sure on this one yet

s: popcorn

Melody P.
on 11/7/20 5:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Oh and those pants are so awesome!

catwoman7
on 11/7/20 5:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I'm meeting a friend for lunch today. She's actually the daughter of a woman I went to high school with in Ohio - but I know the daughter better than her mother now. She (daughter) lives in Milwaukee and is married with two pre-school daughters - she just needed a weekend away! So anyway, this will be fun. I haven't seen her in two or three years since they're always busy with work and kids. Not sure what else I'll do today, but the weather is great again so whatever it is will need to be outdoors!!

accountability was fine yesterday, but I'm bloated and waterlogged again this morning - it's got to be this medicine. Ugh. But like I said yesterday, feeling like this makes it easier to stick to my plan!

QOTD: leggings for me as well. I have a drawer full of them - all kinds of colors. Most are tight-fitting ones like the picture you posted, Liz (minus the sequins down the sides) - I have a flat butt and small hips and thighs/legs, so they make me look thinner than I am. But I also have a bunch I bought it India last year that are a little baggier and bunched up at the ankle. I love those, too!

TSS: 5y5m

B: I was planning on plain yogurt with some kind of fruit compote, but I'll probably order the yogurt parfait for lunch at the cafe we're meeting at - so maybe I'll have lemon/blueberry yogurt pie instead. Coffee with half & half.

MS: protein shake

L: yogurt parfait (??)

AS: probably L&F yogurt and a light English muffin with light cream cheese

D: turkey chili

have a great day, everyone!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/20 6:55 am, edited 11/6/20 11:50 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

I mistakenly posted Saturday on the Friday thread half asleep ( pre ) early this morning and I think OH ate it so here goes again...

exercise - skating n walking n unpacking car

B- Turkish coffee latte sf , lumberjack plate ( 2 Whole Foods 2.5 gram fat sausages ( nice n big too ) Huevos Rancheros - ( eggbeaters w ff half n half n butter buds n 2 slices ff Sharp American cheese slices ) n fresh salsa

L- Veal Marsala , Part of the Godiva Cheesecake Brownie Mix dessert I baked yesterday at the 'rents after my SMEG mixer wouldn't start

Dinner and Snack last nite turned out to be most of a loaf of fresh crusty French bread and a heel of smoked imported aged Italian Mozzarella ( yum!) also two Yassos Ice milk bars

D- DK - maybe a Childs plate if I make it to IKEA ( need to carry the new couch) . Or I'll be driving back and forth with aquarium, base and corals and fish in buckets - probably make a healthy sandwich.

late nite snack- hopefully Greek salad w FF dressing - been indulging too much and staying up way too late lately

I'm definitely a SHOE grrl... so far I have 3 topped up full half racks in apartment and just getting started. Plan to add two more in second walk in closet.

My only rule for shoes is I need to be able to walk six miles in em ( the average for a Manhattanite - no need for gym if you don't take the subway so that basically rules out needle like heels ( but I love me a platform wedgie ) except for TRULY special occasions. Even then they always come from a high end thrift shop !

Platform combat boots and platform workboots are my Northern and winter go-tos and I'll buy ( and wear happily onstage -) ALL the craziest tallest blingiest 70s style platform boots and sandals I see ...

Mod stuff ( 1960s- think the musical Hairspray ) like little patent leather knee boots and 3 inch lucite heels ...is fun too. Here?s a belated photo Friday pic a day after making ? everything ? breadstix ... so a bit bloated .

MadisonRose
on 11/7/20 7:57 am, edited 11/7/20 12:17 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Happy Saturday all! I slept so good last night. Not too happy about turning 38 today, but it was nice getting on the scale this morning and realizing I only have about 10 pounds to go to reach my goal. So close yet so far away. At least my regain is gone and I am finally back on track! I?d still like to lose more once I reach my goal, but at least if I reach it I can say I accomplished something. Lol

Accountability was decent yesterday although I had a friend over and we ended up having Mexican for dinner. I ended up having a taco salad....not the healthiest thing, but at least I resisted eating any of his nachos! That used to be one of my biggest weaknesses pre surgery so I?m pretty proud of myself for that. Lol. Today I?m going out with family for an early dinner. Most likely steak and some sort of veggie. I?m really going to try to eat healthy today because I don?t want to get off track again!

B: coffee w/Splenda & sf creamer x 2

B2: protein shake

L: maybe another protein shake or chicken breast deli meat and a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: Steak & ???

S: maybe a tiny bite of birthday cake....sigh

Forgot the QOTD: ummm probably any type of slip on shoes! I go for comfort and convenience. Lol Who has time to lace up shoes anyway??? lol

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Melody P.
on 11/7/20 9:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Happy birthday!

I turn 40 In February and I'm not looking forward to it! You're doing so good! Keep that chin up and keep going and you'll slay those 10 pounds!

ljbarbara
on 11/7/20 6:58 pm

I'm going to be 72 next week and I plan on living a lot longer than that!

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

Melody P.
on 11/7/20 9:26 am - Amarillo, TX

Sssssswwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

good news Saturday!

White Dove
on 11/7/20 12:35 pm - Warren, OH

Best day of my life so far. Celebrating with Jose Quevedo, salt and lime. Dont care if this day is a total waste.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?