Whats on your Thursday Menu?

Teenie
on 11/12/20 7:13 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I did not know the French crullers were Vegan. I really thought they had eggs. Do you special order them? Huh very interesting.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Christina135
on 11/12/20 9:25 am

They aren't vegan, thanks for asking. If someone brings donuts in, I'm having a donut. I don't stop them at the door and question them, I just thank them and either have one or pass. Yesterday, I had two. If I am purchasing or making them, I buy or make vegan if at all possible. I live in a house with an omnivore so it's impossible for me to cook without butter and eggs sometimes, so I've come to accept that. I try to control what goes in my mouth as much as possible. I try to stick with the mantra "the world doesn't need another perfect vegan, just more people to try". I'm usually pretty hesitant to label myself as vegan because it's an entire lifestyle and I would say I fail at that, even trying very hard.

That being said, there are lots of recipes for vegan crullers if you're interested.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Teenie
on 11/12/20 11:52 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I had a friend who was following a cancer Vegan diet and I had made Vegan Ravioli and some other recipes to help her out. I guess there would be Vegan desserts that are comparable to donuts and crullers. I don't blame you eating that cruller I may have ate it to. Thank you for being so candid about your choices. Your menus always intrigue me that is why I asked. Just knowing you from here I thought you were in the know of something we were missing out on. LOL

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Christina135
on 11/12/20 12:14 pm

Believe it or not, most days, I eat almost exactly the same thing. It helps me stay on track I guess? I have never heard of a vegan diet for cancer, but that's amazing. There's a really delicious vegan bakery near my home that I love, but it's a little pricey so I only go when I REALLY want to treat myself. I truly do try to avoid eating animal products at all costs, but, sometimes it can't be avoided because life happens (in my situation).

Christina

Let it begin with me.

Sheila_H
on 11/12/20 6:24 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning everybody!

Human nature! We roll with the punches and try to find enjoyment in every situation. Who would have thought before COVID staycations would become the thing? We all wanted to travel, go places, see things, while now we stay home and enjoy our local stuff or just the quietness of our surroundings. Enjoy your not-anything-planned day.

I have come to realize that my little Luna, although tiny and only 17-18 lbs, is a ferocious guard dog. A couple of months ago on my uphill run with her I tripped and fell! When off leash she is usually running ahead of me. When I fell she came right back and stood next to me with ears up checking the surrounding like she was ready to protect me. It took me a while to get up because I had scratches all over and she just stood there on guard. Yesterday she was on the couch sleeping away, and I was in my room working out. I got a muscle cramp and yelped from pain. Luna roared into the room barking her head off and looking around as in "who hurt you? Where is the intruder?" My little one thinks she is a German Shepard.

QOTD: I have Garmin and love it. It calculates steps, calories during exercise and overall calories burnt during the day.

My meals yesterday:

• B: Protein coffee
  • L: TJ chicken fajita
  • S: L+F apple caramel pie yogurt
  • D: turkey meatballs and cauliflower rice
  • E: 30 minutes cardio + 50 minutes straight training.

Happy almost Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 11/12/20 7:16 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I love the Luna story what a great companion. Lucky you.

White Dove
on 11/12/20 9:27 am - Warren, OH

A friend of mine had a dog grooming business in her home. One day a man came with his dog and attempted to rape my friend. Her two miniature poodles came running. He laughed and said, "those little rat dogs can't protect you". When they both sunk their teeth into his legs, he managed to get away. She was able to call the police and get him arrested, but was unharmed because her little dogs protected their mom.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Christina135
on 11/12/20 10:07 am

Mom of four "little dogs" here. I guarantee you they would lay down their lives to protect me if they had to. Freaking amazing little babies! I love them! And I love your story!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

Greateight
on 11/12/20 10:39 am
RNY on 08/29/18

We were watching a video. A guy broke into a home in broad daylight with a plastic bag to steal things. There is a Great Dane in the house.

the Great Dane doesn't attack him but doesn't trust him either. Follows him with tail up. The guy turns a corner and runs into Mama. She screams and the Dane decided, instantly, that it was time for the burglar to leave. Didn't even bite him, just put his head and shoulders against the guy and pushed him across the room right back into the sliding glass doors.

the guy frantically reached for the sliding door handle because that dog was going to put him through the glass.

Meanwhile, the other dog, a chihuahua, heard all of this and came to the rescue, running into the kitchen on his little legs with his teeth bared barking away.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Christina135
on 11/12/20 12:16 pm

Teamwork makes the dream work!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?