What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Melody P.
on 11/17/20 8:42 am - Amarillo, TX

The big order!

Queen JB
on 11/17/20 4:42 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey forgot to post one more thing this morning!

A close friend of mine bought some fancy dresses from Lane Bryant for a wedding to try on at home and she took too long to return them, so they would only give her store credit! Meanwhile she has lost a ton of weight and no longer fits into anything sold at Lane Bryant!

Now she is stuck with a Gift Card for $665 that she has tried to sell on craigslist & FB but no takers. She asked if I would post it here at a discount. $500 for a $665 gift card!

PM me if you are interested.

She is a very close friend--I will vouch for her honesty! This is real :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 11/17/20 5:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- I'm glad the first day back wasn't bad and that you had a good appt.

My county was moved back to purple, which is a step back from red (I know, it's weird) where we have been for awhile. So people are panic buying toilet paper and stuff again. We also found out that the play Em is in in December (their rendition of 12 days of Christmas) that was going to be some sort of drive thru is now going to be through Zoom. Hopefully the one in Spring will be able to be on campus as that one is for all students whereas the one in December is for her theater class.

Accountability: Good

QOTD: A few of my old coworkers have had surgery so we've talked about it but not much lately. I'm lucky, and both hubby and Em are very encouraging and supportive.

TSS: 6 years, 3 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Shredded chicken breast, salad, and a honeycrisp apple

S: Turkey wrap and carbmaster yogurt

D: TJ Mahi Mahi burger, broccoli with cheese sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal and toast

E: 1 hour treadmill run and 1 hour elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1516 Protein:135 Carbs:123 Fat: 61

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 11/17/20 6:22 am - Warren, OH

JB, thanks for sharing what happens with the food therapist. I don't think there is anyone around my area that does that.

I have no one in real life that I can discuss the surgery with. I stopped attending support meetings years ago. Everyone that I know who had weight loss surgery when I did has failed miserably at it, so it is not something that they would want to talk about.

I was 15 pounds over my goal a year ago and now am 20 pounds over it. I just dropped out of all tracking and worrying about calories since being quarantined and it shows. I have come to the conclusion that it I have to live the rest of my life at this weight, I can accept that.

But I also know that I will come out of this indifference and change my eating and exercise and get back down to a weight that is much closer to, if not at goal. I have to do things with a specific plan and give it a lot of concentration.

I had a call from a friend yesterday. He was at church with his son and they had a visiting missionary. Brian felt like he should shake that man's hand and thank him for what he had done. So he and his son went and shook hands with the missionary. A few days later the pastor called and told him that the missionary had tested positive for COVID. Brian, his wife, his son, and his daughter were tested.

All tested positive except the 14 year old daughter. They are being careful to avoid her in their own home. Brian has always been very religious and said that he knows that God protects people but only if they follow common sense and quarantine. Nineteen people from their very tiny congregation tested positive.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 11/17/20 6:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I noticed your response to that post on the DS thread about a Zoom support group - maybe some people on this thread would be interested in starting one, too? I might go for that...

Sheila_H
on 11/17/20 8:25 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

In person church and handshaking?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 11/17/20 11:37 am - Warren, OH

They opened up the churches in Ohio in June for in-person services. They are supposed to wear masks and social distance.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 11/17/20 6:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

today is the day I have all three of my classes, so it'll be packed. I have 90 minutes before my first one so I should really try to get some exercise in, but I'm not feeling it at the moment. Too bad it won't be warmer out today, or I'd take a quick bike ride this afternoon - but no. Too cold. The next three days will be quite a bit warmer (50s and 60s), so I'll definitely be able to bike then. YAY!

Janet said they discovered an ulcer in addition to her gastric fistula. She's still in the hospital, but it sounds like she's feeling better. Nothing has been "fixed" yet - she either just had or will have an endoscopy to further assess things.

QOTD: the only other effective support I get is through my frequent (as in most nights) FB messaging I do with the woman I've presented with for several years at my bariatric clinic. The two of us lead one of the pre-op classes and did so every month for about three years before COVID hit. We used to just message each other occasionally, but when we both decided to tackle regain back in March, we started doing it almost every night. She's also about five years out. I'm also on my bariatric clinic's FB group (mostly newbies, though) and occasionally get on other bariatric internet forums (I'll do it for awhile....then get off for awhile...then go back again), but most of those people are also newbies - which is fine - but newbies don't have the same issues that I do, so there's not much in the way of support for me. It's more addressing their questions and concerns. This group is perfect for me, though - there's a balanced group of people re: in various post-op stages - including many other vets - so this is the place where I can actually get support if I happen to be dealing with something.

TSS: 5y5m

B: plain Greek yogurt with apple/cranberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: chicken sausage and a sweet potato

AS: protein pumpkin muffin - and maybe a L&F yogurt

D: leftovers. Either chicken with tomato/herb sauce, or chicken curry

have a great day, everyone!

Melody P.
on 11/17/20 10:21 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks for the update on Janet!

Emiepie
on 11/17/20 12:37 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks for the updates on Janet. Please let her know I'm thinking of her.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 358 views
Queen JB · 33 replies · 256 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views
Recent Topics