What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/17/20 12:48 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Good for you. I did just buy some decaf K cups on Amazon today to see if I can at least cut the caffeine down a little. But that first cup of beautiful fuel in the morning is non-negotiable.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 11/17/20 2:10 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I couldn't have coffee the first week after surgery...it was the longest 10 years of my life.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 11/17/20 3:00 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I stayed off coffee for about a month post op, and in that time I remember a news article popped up saying that a dozen Dunkin Donuts in the are had closed. I wondered if I was a contributing factor!

Julia S.
on 11/17/20 7:06 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- My roommate had RNY in 10/19, he had complications and still has issues. I tried to tell him all of the things that I have experienced but you really only learn by doing it. That one last bite...don't do it... I went to an in person support group a couple of times, but there was one person who monopolized the conversation, and it was hard to get her to stop. I'm not sure if they still have it or have gone virtual, it wasn't my surgeons group but the hospital. This is the only place I can find support. You have all been amazing and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

The rain and gloom has set in, I probably need to get my SAD light out and start using it. It's pretty much dark before 5PM. I have a headlight out and I really noticed it last night. I've ordered the bulbs and will attempt to replace it tonight.

No plans for Thanksgiving, it's usually just me and my Mom and the last couple of years we have had Mexican take out, since I don't eat turkey and neither of us wants to cook. This year we decided to do nothing. I have to work anyway. Can I say how much I hate being a contractor, what I wouldn't give for holidays and PTO.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/17/20 7:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning. It is a beautiful, low-humidity day here in Florida (it has been so muggy this is a relief).

My weight is down a teensy bit. Maybe if I got really serious I could drop the extra few (you think?). I am feeling better emotionally a couple of days out from DH's birthday and Mike and I had a really good day yesterday.

QOTD: I talk about it with friends and family but they just say uh-huh, as they have never had it. I used to go to an in-person support group once a month but that obviously has been stopped for months. Come to think of it maybe I should see if my Bariatric center offers a zoom version these days? Thank goodness for you guys! I post here and in a VSG maintenance group on OH.

TSS: 4 years, 7.5 months

B: Coffee!!! Steel cut oats with PB2 and yogurt

L: tuna salad and cottage cheese

D: low-carb eggplant lasagne

S: cheesecake/strawberry/blueberry yogurt pie and/or almonds and/or nut thins and hummus

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Sheila_H
on 11/17/20 7:58 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning everybody!

JB - "if it isn't going to be perfect...f*ck it!" you just explained my eating habits to a T. For me if I ruin one meal by eating something I'm not supposed to then it's the whole day that goes wrong. The f*ck it goes all the way to night time with the hopes the next morning is a better one. I need to keep it to that meal and start fresh the next hr not the next morning.

Has anybody in this group done 180 jump squat? It's NOT 180 repeat of jump squats but it's 180 degree jump squat. Here's what it looks like. Well, I did them for the first time yesterday and let me tell you, it's a wonder I'm still alive. By the time I reached 15 Reps (on both sides) I thought I was gonna collapse. Then I had to do it two more rounds! I had made a mistake of telling my trainer I can now do straight up jump squats in my sleep. So she threw me this curve ball. I hate/love her.

QOTD: nope. I'm in a sea of naturally skinny people. So this forum is my anchor. I have shared my WLS with two close friends and my trainer, but don't talk much about it because now they are used to the new me.

My meals yesterday:

• B: Protein coffee
  • L: scrambled eggs + grated cheese
  • S: fage yogurt + sf syrup
  • D: ground turkey and veggie goulash
  • E: 30 minutes cardio + 50 minutes strength training

Happy taco Tuesday!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 11/17/20 12:43 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm on the same train of "calling this day a loss" so I'm trying to change that mindset.

I had not heard of those squats, they look painful!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 11/17/20 12:53 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I do the f*ck it attitude with a lot of things. I so often get into the head space that tells me if I can't do something perfectly from the beginning it isn't worth even trying... its a ridiculous mindset.

I am definitely not coordinated to so those squats. My crystal ball sees me falling immediately!

Sheila_H
on 11/17/20 1:37 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I have a question for you: when growing up were you complimented on your smartness? In other words did your parents or teachers always tell you what a smart kid you were? In several books I've read it says if you compliment your kid on his/her smartness the minute his intelligence can't solve the problem or needs a little bit of effort they give up. Because they have always relied on their intelligence and things have come easy to them. On the other hand if you compliment them on their effort and the hard work they have put into a project they grow up to appreciate the effort.
We encountered this with DS (hence me reading these books), all subjects were easy for him, especially science and math. We kept telling him what a smart kid he was. High school jr year he took AP calc AB, and struggled just a little bit but no big deal. Sr year he took AP calc BC and that was hard, he had to study and it no longer came easy to him. We are talking about 2nd level math in college, of course it has to be difficult for a high schooler. The kid almost fell apart, questioning his intelligence and not used to put the effort in. So now we learned to praise him for the effort and not his smarts.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 11/17/20 6:36 pm - Warren, OH

I was fortunate enough that my first grade teacher had been my father's girlfriend when he was single. She was so nice to me and always made a big deal out of how smart I was. I don't remember doing much studying in high school. Just a cram session the night before a test.

Then I did not go to college until I was 34 and some of it was a shock to me. I really had to learn how to study.

I know it makes a incredible difference in how a child is perceived. There was a story once about a teacher who was told a child was exceptionally smart and after a year in her class he was. But before that he was considered slow and unable to learn.

Praising him for his effort and not his intelligence seems to be such a better way.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 249 views