What's on your Thursday Menu?

Lisa91941
on 11/19/20 6:42 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

uh, the pumpkin cheesecake is the bomb. The guys loved it and I've brought the rest for my staff to to get it out of my house! I do think I overmixed it, so of course, I'll need to make another and compare. My dad is going to love this for dessert on Christmas day. Work is really starting to reflect how close we are to the holidays. As if I need a reminder. My customers tend to slow down on projects because they are going to have so much time off in the next few weeks and so many of our suppliers have a huge shut down. I've got primary suppliers in The Netherlands, Asia,France, Germany and England, and many of those companies just shutter for weeks and everyone takes a vacation! Aren't they lucky?

QOTD: mashed potatoes with homemade turkey gravy. It's actually the one food I crave regularly. The mashed potatoes give me major heart palps from the carbs, so maybe I'll just slurp gravy this year.

I am making a confession here. I feel like I have been hiding a truth, and this seems silly to me. My family is going to Cabo for Thanksgiving. We have a private huge house with all open patios. I have really been feeling guilty letting people know this, for pandemic reasons. It's overwhelming me. I spoke to my doctor and he's supportive. We'll all have our masks and the majority of eating will be done at the house. I see you all cancelling your plans, and feel a bit like an ass. Ok. There. It's out there. Please don't judge me too harshly.

Menu:

B: hb egg, cottage cheese

L: homemade stuffed bell pepper with some cheese, onion, ground beef and spaghetti sauce

D: TBD -- but the fridge is full of left over proteins side dishes from all the cooking and baking I've done since Saturday. And I just had it perfectly cleaned out last Friday, so we are going to eat those damn things up and clear out space!

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 11/19/20 7:40 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I am just jealous. I wish I could be heading to Cabo. They say flying is one of the safer types of travel you can do right now. Why feel guilty? I'm not judging but if you got room for 1 more I'll cook the cheesecake.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 11/19/20 8:06 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Each to their own. You need to do what is safe for your family.
My son is driving up from SD, and they say college kids coming home will be the worst for pandemic. Did I tell him not to come home? Heck no! I want my kids home with me. Both kids tested before leaving and will be tested once here. Other than that they will just hunker down at home, to my delight, so we'll be good.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 11/19/20 8:27 am - Amarillo, TX

No judgments from me either. You have to do what is right for you. You are going to take the proper precautions so good for you!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/19/20 8:29 am
RNY on 02/14/18

No judgement, I think people make the best decisions for their families and you are being as safe as you can.

I reserve all my judgement for the people who are not taking any safety precautions -- if they would stop being so selfish, more of us would be able to participate in other activities in a safe fashion!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/19/20 1:59 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Everyone needs to make their own decisions about what they are comfortable with as long as it doesn't hurt others. No judgement. I hope you have a phenomenal time!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teenie
on 11/19/20 6:52 am, edited 11/18/20 11:42 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

Love the meme today. That was definitely a question I had pre surgery. Now I know. As a matter of fact on my run this morning I smelled gas in one area of my run. It was so strong I actually called 911 so they could check it out. It may had just been sewer gas but I thought better safe than sorry. They sent firetrucks and everything. I don't know the outcome because I was already home and showering before they got there.

A fellow (as a matter of fact the arch nemesis) here in the office was off sick yesterday and I am praying my boss makes him test before he comes back but I don't even know if there is a written policy in my company that will make him do that. Fingers crossed he has more respect for us and takes a test.

I found frozen cauliflower stuffing at Aldi I am going to use as a swap this year for myself. I hope it satisfiers my stuffing craving. I have to get a few more things to finish up shopping for thanksgiving so I plan to do that on my lunch today and hopefully I will be out of the grocery for the next week. My Thanksgiving is now only 5 of us. I hope that is enough to stay safe. I also need to make and appointment to get my oil changed and a checkup. Hopefully they can get me in the week after next.

I have also decided that to stay safe I am going to stay out of the gym. To many muscle heads running around without mask. It sucks but at least I will still be running.

QOTD: The candied Yams. Yup the old Bruce's out of the can with brown sugar and Karo carnalized with tons of butter. Strange because I am not big on sweets but man I love those.

Accountability: I think it was peanuts dates and figs and some extra honey crisp apple.

TSS: 2 years 11 Months and 8 day 130.8 (Lowest 130.2)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Pumpkin Spice w/ Miralax and Fiber

MS: Premier apple cinnamon oat Protein(this taste like the milk from apple jacks cereal) shake and berries

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Pumpkin spice

L: Smothered chicken and dilly bites.

D: Sloe cooker Spaghetti Squash w/ meat sauce

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been great. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: 3 mile run (done)

Everybody have a Great day.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Julia S.
on 11/19/20 7:18 am, edited 11/18/20 11:37 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Pumpkin pie.

I'm having serious anxiety here, so I've gone back to my all classical station without news. All of the covid bad news was really bothering me. I was super anxious driving yesterday. It is pretty much dark by the time I leave the barn, so one headlight on the passenger side is not good. The bulbs from Amazon are the right ones, so I got the bad one changed out. I'll do the other one before I go to the barn.

I need a vacation from all of this, I need to find something that brings me joy and quit looking at the negative side of things. I know it's just this situation and it will eventually end, but I'm really burned out.

Sorry to be such a downer, I'm trying to get out of this hole I feel like I'm in. Just breathe...

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Maddymoe2
on 11/19/20 8:21 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Julia,

Maybe a drive to the beach?? My husband and I went last week to Long Beach. It was nice to get away and just be on the beach. I hear you on the anxiety. I just keep telling myself that things are going to get better. In the meantime, I am just trying to breathe too.

Partlypollyanna
on 11/19/20 8:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I think you are on the right track in getting your SAD light out and looking for something to feel joy with. It doesn't have to be big, anything helps. I haven't gone as far as some people and gotten off social media but I've been pretty ruthless about what I look at/engage with and with the exception of work, I'm only doing the things I'm happy to do. Good luck finding what helps for you!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics