What's on your Thursday Menu?

catwoman7
on 11/19/20 7:32 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

it's supposed to get up to 60 degrees today - halleleujah! I will definitely spend an hour or two biking and walking this afternoon after I watch my lecture (my other professor keeps his lectures accessible the whole semester (although the for-credit students have to take a short quiz following each lecture, and the quiz is due by the end of that that particular week). This other guy (whose lecture I have to watch today) only keeps his up from noon-6:00 on the day of - then it's gone. I think the quiz-at-the-end of the week is a better solution, if the concept behind it is making sure the students don't get too far behind. God forbid I'd have some emergency on a Tuesday or Thursday and have to miss that one guy's lecture (although then again, that would be the case if it was an in-person class, so...)

accountability was OK yesterday - well, I went over by about 100 calories, but since I got in an hour of exercise, I'm not stressing it too much. Today the plan is to stay on track AND exercise.

QOTD: I eat all the food at Thanksgiving (and have been since year 2 post-surgery), but I really limit everything except for turkey and non-starchy vegetables. I'll have a couple of tablespoons of stuffing and sweet potato casserole - and a small piece of pie. If I had my druthers, I'd pig out on the stuffing and the sweet potato casserole, though. I LOVE both of those (and in case you haven't noticed, I've been having a lot of sweet potatoes lately (although not in a casserole). I'm in the middle of an extreme love affair with them. So funny since I hated them when I was a kid!)

TSS: 5y5m

B: protein pumpkin muffin, a 4 oz container of Activia yogurt, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: salad with light dressing and 2 oz ham, maybe a protein mug cake

AS: apple, pumpkin yogurt

D: 1/2 vegetable "burger" on 1/2 slim bun, small sweet potato with 1 t butter and brown "sugar" Swerve

ex: Zoom strength-training class this morning, then either a long walk or bike ride this afternoon

have a great day, everyone!

Sheila_H
on 11/19/20 8:20 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning everybody!

LOL. I sent that same meme to my trainer telling her this is what people think of seeing her running.

It's been great having DD at home. She is so cute with her work outfits: tops very professional, hair done, jewelry, pajama bottoms and bunny slippers. I am feeding her all the meat dishes I can think of before DS gets home on Sat, because once he is home all dishes will be vegetarian.

We have been enjoying watching Queen's Gambit as a family. Waiting for DS to get home to watch Mandalorian and a second viewing of Lovecraft Country.

QOTD: Brussels sprouts. I know, I'm weird. But the way DH's cousin makes them nobody else makes them. When we went to their house, every other year, I would literally skip everything and go for seconds and thirds for those sprouts. I can never make them the way he does and he doesn't share the recipe.

My meals yesterday:

• B: Barebells protein bar + coffee
  • L: Tuna + hb eggs
  • S: L&F pumpkin pie yogurt
  • D: meatloaf & a couple of roasted potatoes
  • E: 30 minutes cardio + 50 minutes strength training

Happy mini-Friyay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 11/19/20 8:28 am - Amarillo, TX

Brussels sprouts are awesome!!

stacyrg
on 11/19/20 10:25 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Happy Thursday. I have zero motivation to work after yesterday's "discussion," but have things to get done, so work I must. I cannot wait until the weekend. Also, even though I have nowhere to go, I'm thinking of taking next week off. Losing three days of vacation for 9 days off in a row is a tradeoff I'm willing to make.

QOTD: My mother's stuffing for the win. She uses lots of onions, mushrooms, celery, etc. It's delicious. However, I really can't eat more than a small bite of it anymore. It's always funny to me when I'm helping her cook on thanksgiving and she keeps asking me to taste it. I'm so far out from surgery that I think she forgets.

My plan:

B: fairlife latte

L: leftover insides of a carne asada burrito (leftover from dinner last night)

D: No idea.

S: 1/2 apple and peanut butter before spin

E: Throwback thursday parking lot spin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/19/20 1:46 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL! I just saw that I didn't answer the QOTD. Funny, but that was a topic at the WW zoom today. Many said stuffing. That might be mine or possibly the butternut squash we used to make that was almost like a pie without the crust. But we will be out to dinner this year as I have been for the prior 4 years so neither will be available really.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 450 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404