What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Melody P.
on 11/24/20 1:51 pm - Amarillo, TX

17 people here in one day. In our city of 200,000...

food is just bizarre. I had some peanut brittle. A single cup of Honey Nut Cheerios. I had an Amy's burrito for lunch... finally remembered to have coffee so my headache is slowly going away.

we just had a hail storm.

2020 you can kiss my a$$

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/20 5:37 am, edited 11/23/20 9:51 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

Well for me its easy - "I love your artwork.".. ( or substitute cooking or grace at ____sport or the fact that I donate my law skills and time cost free and generously ) ok that's four words but you get the gist .....I suppose I like my efforts being acknowledged since my family rarely does that.

I've gotten into the horrible habit of falling asleep on my living room recliner watching incredibly boring TV rather than reading and sleeping in my very comfortable bedroom.

I wake up and change the channel at infomercials ... and STAY there .

Part of the attraction is the excuse to eat snax- last nite was a half a bag of Mint Milano and Bordeaux Pepperidge Farm cookies after 1 am ... NOT fat free or low cal either ... and I Well Know anything eaten after 8 gets Straight Applied to any empty fat cells grrr Two ice milk bars also happened.

Knowing does NOT always equal Doing .....

Today I'm checking out a storage space 8 miles away ( luckily real cheap - like 25 bux a month ) for the bike... and making the decision whether I will really RIDE it having to drive 22 minutes each way. I'm leaning towards Probably.

B- chai tea latte FF. trying to talk myself ( or entice a friend so far no luck ) into a walk n talk

L- Tom Ka Gai ( Thai chicken /ff " coconut milk "soup ) , homemade low-fat meatloaf

S- fennel/grapefruit /cilantro salad

D - TBD

Working on everything ... slowly but surely. It feels GREAT to have another place to 'puter from ... the "new " dining nook in front of the aquarium ( which is doing really well ).

I pulled the trigger on seven neon letter light-up table bases from China to support the two 5 or 6 foot long frosted glass tabletops that will make up my desk and a great mini ( but not space heater size ) high-end electric fireplace . Sticker shock slayed me for a while ( it costs twice as much as an 85 inch TV ) but I got an open box so 40% off ... we'll see if it looks as good as the photo when it arrives .

I'll feel So Proud when I make my office finally functional !

( Its a real question for my therapist why I'm willing to live so badly considering I don't Have to .. ) To tell the truth I am so used to " camping" that living in a beautiful, functional home feels Alien ... grrr .

So does spending money on myself ...to the point that I haven't yet purchased a tv for my apartment that I closed on a year and a half ago !

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/24/20 5:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We are taking DD for an airboat ride today, then it is Taco Tuesday. I have to admit that my eating plans this week are basically nonexistent.

QOTD: Perfect beach day

TSS: 4 years, 8 months

B: Coffee!!! 1/2 bagel with cream cheese (yes, already consumed)

L: not sure

D: short rib tacos

S: cheesecake/strawberry/blueberry yogurt pie

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 11/24/20 6:08 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I decided to take a rest day today since last I was just feeling really drained and tired. I didn't get to sleep in much though since our cats woke us up so I got up had a bubble bath and some toast. I put a Hallmark movie on the tv and I'm just taking it easy before work. It will be an extra afternoon coffee kinda day.

Accountability: Good yesterday but not then best to start my day with toast and no workout.... I will not throw the rest of the day away though (which as I mentioned last week, is a "thing" for me).

QOTD: You inspire me. But anything with coffee works too :)

TSS: 6 years, 3 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Chicken and apple sausage link, salad, and a honeycrisp apple

S: SF latte, Turkey wrap and carbmaster yogurt

D: Shredded beef, broccoli with cheese sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal and toast

E: rest day

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1522 Protein:146 Carbs:131 Fat: 58

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 11/24/20 6:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I woke up to a beautiful snow (it's beautiful now that neither one of us has to go out in it!). Our first of the season where the snow is actually sticking to the ground (other than that, we've only had occasional light flurries). They're only expecting a couple of inches, and it's supposed to rain starting later on this morning, so this won't last for long..

I think I'm just going to try maintaining my weight for awhile rather than actively trying to lose. It seems to be a never-ending battle, and I'm tired of dealing with it for now. I'm still within my acceptable weight range, just close to the top - but I won't let it go over. I'll pick this up again when I'm feeling more gung-ho. As long as I stay within my maintenance calorie range for now, I should be fine (of course, I'll continue to closely monitor my weight and my food intake...). My weight is actually OK - I just wi**** was about five lbs lower. But - I can always start working on it again...

QOTD: for now, it's "let's meet up!". I usually don't mind being alone, or just being in the house with DH, but I'm missing social interaction big time. I love meeting friends for coffee or lunch - or biking - or walking - but that's over for now due to the cold. We're kinda trapped in the house now until March. Boo!

TSS: 5y5m

B: plain Greek yogurt with apple/cranberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: iced pumpkin Fit Frappe

L: Pumpkin yogurt with maple whipped cream. Maybe 1/4 high fiber cereal on top

AS: protein pumpkin muffin (wow - a lot of pumpkin today! That's OK - it's nutritious and filling!)

D: 1/2 a Beyond Burger on 1/2 slim bun (with lettuce, tomato, and light Thousand Island), small sweet potato, packaged cole slaw mix with light Asian-inspired dressing

no interesting-sounding Zoom exercise classes this morning, but there's a cardio dance one and a kickboxing one later this afternoon - so I'll do one or both of those

here's a photo taken from my kitchen window this morning. The snow is so pretty!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 11/24/20 9:30 am - Warren, OH

The snow is beautiful. It is nice when you don't have to go out in it.

I never worry about trying to lose weight this time of the year. I laugh about it, but I make a New Year's resolution each year to get off about 10 pounds by Spring and I always accompli**** It is easy for me to keep that off during the summer because I spend almost everyday at the swimming pool.

I am missing my water exercise this summer, but know it would be crazy to be in a room full of moist heated air from an indoor pool. They same with any gyms or exercise places. I hope these vaccines work and I will not have to be so cautions next winter.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 11/24/20 9:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

the classes at my gym have all been canceled, but they still have the weight room and the pool open. I went to the weight room a few times this summer (during the work day when there were just a couple of people in there), but I won't go now that the virus has picked up again. And I haven't gone to the pool at all since this all started back in March. I'm sure once you're in the pool it's probably OK since I don't think the virus would last long in the water, but still, the locker room - you have to shower before you get in the pool, and you have to be in there to change before and after swimming - and I won't do it. Too humid in there, and too many people touching things.

hopefully these vaccines will do the trick and they'll be widely available by the spring...

White Dove
on 11/24/20 10:42 am - Warren, OH

I went to an private outdoor pool less than a mile from my house. I changed at home and did not go into the locker room. We do know that the chlorine in the water kills the virus. But we did not allow pool noodles to be used, as they can hold the virus.

We kept our lounges six feet apart and only socialized with our own families. Someone sprayed the handrails on the pool and the lounge chairs with bleach whenever they are used.. We also limited the number of people at the club and stayed six feet away from others in the pool.

I was still hesitant to be in a pool at all, but was happy with the precautions being taken last summer. I would not go to an indoor pool or gym now. This is the first year of my life that I did not spend a considerable amount of time at an indoor pool. I stopped going last year in February.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

supershopper
on 11/24/20 6:34 am

ya'll I keep getting distracted!! look a bunny! lol

things are good, DH is across the street at hospital having a test. I boogied up here yesterday after work but didn't sleep last night- too hot - IDK so I will be a mess later... Leaving tom back to GA for thanksgiving, DH and I are just cooking there. I got sweet potato, moms dressing with gravy, need to figure out the rest.

QOTD: whats the question?

Here's a donut....

food plan today

B: coffee with premier

egg whites, frigo cheese stick, joseph pita

l: unsure

d: chicken/veggies

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Lisa91941
on 11/24/20 6:38 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Well, yesterday was slamming at work. Yay team. We have a goal set for sales each day, and we nearly doubled it yesterday. It's no crisis if we don't hit the goal, but we know if we nail it everyday, the bills are covered and we are adding to the pot the owner gives bonuses from. So it's a great incentive. I made the Huli Huli Chicken last night and it was pretty darn good. Very moist, which my little pouch likes. Today is more work, and then my monthly dinner with my bestie. Outdoors on the patio. I brought my winter coat as I am a wiennie and it is supposed to be in the 50's around that time. I know they will have portable heaters. Poor folks, doing everything they can to stay in business.

QOTD: Mom, I'm home! Followed by here's your wine and I brought tacos!

Menu:

B: egg bite.

L: mini cheeseburger meatloaf

D: definitely a shared plate of chicken fajitas and a side of beans. Same meal every month. For years.

S: maybe a TJ crispbread half and a bit of PB. We'll see if I need it.

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?