What's on your Wednesday Menu?

MadisonRose
on 11/25/20 9:49 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Well as far as I'm concerned this may be the last year I ever put up a tree. The cats are winning thus far! It's a shame too as I've always loved Christmas and decorating, but I love my cats too so if I must compromise then they win. I'll just dress them up for Christmas! Lol

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

White Dove
on 11/25/20 10:20 am - Warren, OH

I agree with you on that. I am only putting up a tree so mine can sit and stare at it. She does not actually touch it, but is fascinated with the lights and having a live tree in the house. She is also 13.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 11/25/20 2:43 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

My guys have been so chill about the tree. Not ignoring it, but not destructive, either... But yesterday I saw them having a huge play fight in the tree. One was literally climbing all the way up the trunk and the other was hiding in the branches, and they tackled each other while the tree was shaking... Anyway, I am just not going to risk putting up any breakable ornaments--I can see disaster in my future!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/25/20 4:40 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I am grateful this year that DH is not suffering and that I am not in high stress mode about his condition as I was last year.

We are driving to Fort Lauderdale mid-day and should be sitting by a pool by 2.

QOTD: I am most grateful for my health, the ability to physically handle so much more, and I suppose for allowing me to look good enough to date again. I feel guilty about the latter somewhat. I am also thankful for all the friends I have made here. Who would have thought that would happen?

TSS: 4 years, 8 months

B: Coffee!!! 1/2 bagel with cream cheese

L: not sure

D: not sure

S: not sure

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

momyshaver
on 11/25/20 4:57 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I wish I could just reach through the screen and give so many of you a hug but I just wanted to say, I hope you are surrounded by peace through this holiday time. You have been through a lot.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/25/20 5:03 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Greateight
on 11/25/20 6:09 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I dont think that DH would want you to feel guilty or to be alone for the rest of your life. ( which is statistically going to be a long time)

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 11/25/20 9:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I was just going to say the same thing! I think I would probably feel a little guilty, too, but I know DH would be OK with it. I've told him I'd be OK with it if anything ever happened to me.

White Dove
on 11/25/20 8:03 am - Warren, OH

I remember feeling strange about being a widow and also having my body look so good. Much better than it had for a lot of my marriage. I will tell you though that you would have been dating again even if you had not lost weight. Any intelligent man knows that the outside is just the wrapping on the package and it is the type of person you are inside that keeps your relationship alive.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 11/25/20 5:10 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning all.

my appointment yesterday went well. He assured me that the clinic will pay for the spinal cord stimulator if I lose Medicaid. He actually said it might be bettter if I am off of it. He said Medicaid here doesn't like to pay for Jack crap basically. So I feel a little more hopeful.

Pain wise I am in it deep this morning. Woke up crying. Ugh. I did have my flu shot yesterday and my arm is super sore too but at least I know that should go away! Yesterday we found out my nieces and nephew have lice. Super eck. We just had them Monday so I am literally freaking the hell out. I've never had them...EVER! I didn't get close to them Monday so I am hopeful we stay lice free. Might pick up some spray today. HeebeeJeebees. EW!

I will make the desserts today and maybe a few other things.

we also had 17 people who died from covid in my city yesterday. I'm truly scared.

qotd: I no longer take 5 shots os insulin a day. I am carrying 100 pounds less and that's easier on my back issues!

b: oatmeal & coffee

l: chicken nuggets and ???

d: wrap of some sorts

s: popcorn, gf crackers

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?