What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Teenie
on 11/25/20 7:59 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My DH is waiting to do his trial for the spinal cord stimulator. He has been waiting over 4 weeks. I will let you know when he starts his trial if his insurance approves him.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 11/25/20 9:08 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you so much! I appreciate that!

Emiepie
on 11/25/20 5:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Early Thanksgiving! We aren't planning much. John is going to smoke the turkey either today or tomorrow depending on if it's thawed enough today.

Accountability: I did an "eff-it". Today is a new day.

QOTD: I am grateful to have the confidence to be ME!

TSS: 6 years, 3 months

B: Sf latte, eggbeaters, turkey sausage and apple slices

L: Grilled chicken and apple sausage link, string cheese, salad, and a plum

S: Mikeys muffin top, boiled egg, plums, and carbmaster yogurt

D: Shredded beef, cauliflower with cheese sauce, toasted Chompies bread, sliced orange/ banana slices, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup fiber cereal

E: An hour treadmill run and one hour elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1561 Protein:135 Carbs:114 Fat:67

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 11/25/20 6:12 am
RNY on 08/29/18

QOTD - I am grateful that JB interprets the off topic rules generously

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Queen JB
on 11/25/20 2:47 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

There are rules?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Lisa91941
on 11/25/20 6:25 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I've got a half day to put in here today, and then I am off until Tuesday. I came in early because it was so crazy yesterday. Then I've got a couple of to do things to check off my list, and go into to Thanksgiving mode. As I said, we are being awful and traveling. I am super stressed about not being a rule follower. It's out of my nature. I know once we arrive it will be very peaceful and fun and the trip back home will really stress me out again, but I am prepared for it.

QOTD: I am grateful that I am strong and I am stable on my feet. That is not something I was. I fell all the time and part of the consideration for surgery was that I have broken my ankles or torn ligaments in my ankles three time is 5 years, resulting in constant pain, multiple surgeries and weeks (WEEKS!!! like 20) of being totally non weight bearing on one side. That's hard in a normal size body, but in my Weebles Wobble body, it was miserable. I am super grateful to have found the support on this site, and looking forward to growing these friendships, and I am grateful to my own group of family and friends who embraced my journey and provided as much support as I needed. And, if I am being honest, I am grateful I get to wear a cute sarong at the beach this weekend!

Menu:

B: left over mini cheeseburger meatloaf

L: shrimp I think

D: carne asada tacos (hold the tortilla) and refried beans

There will be wine tonight, and for the next several days. But a new grateful for me is that I tap out at about 4-5 ounces and have no ill side effects.

Peace Everyone. Blessings on your families.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Erin T.
on 11/25/20 6:46 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I have two work tasks today and I'm done. I'm really stalling getting started today. Come on holiday! I'll be baking my pie today.

QOTD: Sadly, I'm most thankful that it's easier to move through life as a small person. People treat me nicer, acknowledge me more, and I don't worry about things like buying oreos or ordering fries and being judged for it.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x3
  • Eggs, Sweet Potato, Bacon, Sour Cream
  • Salmon Chowder

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Teenie
on 11/25/20 7:18 am, edited 11/25/20 4:10 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good morning JB and Menuers,

I am sad that the holiday will be scaled down but I am glad to take one for the team. LOL I am always the host so it will be nice to just have 5 for dinner. Just hope I can run in the morning before I have to throw the turkey in.

They started the construction of the wall in my office and I am basically now in a closet. No window no vent no nothing and they gave me the short side of the stick. Kinda sucks but way better than no wall at all. I'll actually have to go out of the office to see what weather is doing. I may take a picture for Friday just to see if anyone will feel bad for me because no one around here will.

QOTD: Every part makes me grateful. The health is number one. No more sleep apnea, fatty liver, and Arrhythmia. All my NSV's. Crossing my legs, running, sleeping comfortable with out pressure from excess fat and a zillion more. All the people who supported me through it all and continue to. Everyone I met because of it here and in support. I probably could write a full book on everything good about WLS.

Accountability. I made myself Apple Nachos as a snack. I cut up apples with dried cranberry, pecan, Lilly chocolate chips, Coconut whipped cream and 2 tbls peanut butter melted.

TSS: 2 years 11 Months and 14 day 129.8 (Lowest 129.4)

MS: Premier Cinnamon Roll Protein shake and berries

L: Slow cooker Spaghetti Squash w/ meat sauce and dilly bites

D: RGF Bacon wrapped chicken and Vegie tots.

Exercise: 3 mile run (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been great. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Everybody have a Great Thanksgiving.

Brightest Blessing

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 11/25/20 8:08 am, edited 11/25/20 1:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

this is a drive-by for now since the Mah Jongg crew will be online soon (one is delayed at the grocery store - the place is mobbed, I guess - so anyway, we're a few minutes behind for the start of our game).

I ran some errands this morning so I have all afternoon to make my sweet potato casserole and my pumpkin pie. tomorrow I'll do the turkey breast, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. It was pretty tempting to see a pumpkin pie at the store last night for $3.99. I think I paid about that just for my bag of gingersnaps (I always make gingersnap crusts for pumpkin pies and cheesecakes - much easier than a standard crust, and it tastes better, too!). Anyway, also - storebought would mean zero work other than opening the package. Although homemade probably tastes better (or at least that's what I've been telling myself...).

I went over my calorie range by 130 kcal yesterday, but I did an hour of Zumba and 30 minutes of kickboxing earlier in the day, so I'm likely OK - but still, I need to quit doing that. For the next few days I decided the best approach is to get some intense exercise every day, and eat the things I want to eat, but don't make a pig of myself. Moderation. At least this way I shouldn't gain any weight. I hope.

QOTD: Blending in for sure. I hated sticking out like a sore thumb. Another thing - actually living instead of just existing. And not ever having to worry about things like breaking furniture or being kicked off an airplane.

TSS: 5y5m

B: protein pumpkin pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and apple/cranberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: pumpkin Fit Frappe

L: chicken salad made with plain Greek yogurt

AS: maybe a L&F with a light English muffin

D: regular salad with some diced chicken breast and light dressing

have a great day, everyone!

stacyrg
on 11/25/20 10:26 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Hi everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving Eve. I missed a few days and realized I miss catching up with you all. We're making thanksgiving dinner and my brother will come over fully masked to pick up food to take home. Cases in LA County are skyrocketing and we're expecting another "safer at home" Order so we really don't want to take any chances. I feel a bit foolish cooking an entire meal in this situation, but I will. The one concession I made is I flat out refused to cook a whole turkey. Logan is getting into EVERYTHING and the thought of trying to wrestle a turkey with him as my sous chef was frightening. I had visions of me, the turkey or both ending up on the floor. So I'm making a turkey breast and a turkey thigh for me.

QOTD: I was active before, but now realize how much harder everything was when I was heavier. I oddly was healthy fat, with normal blood pressure, cholesterol levels, not diabetic or pre-diabetic. I'm now on more medication than I ever took before my surgery (two medications for hypoglycemia, continuous glucose monitor, etc) but I have no regrets.

My plan:

B: fairlife latte

L: Chicken thigh meat

D: steak and salad

E: parking lot spin. Trying to get classes in before they shut us down again.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 287 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics