What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/25/20 2:01 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Hope you all are gearing up for a nice holiday, even if it will be very different from other years. I'm not happy about missing out on being with family but I just keep reminding myself how grateful I am that I am not going through this back in 1918! I mean--we can zoom, get groceries delivered, I get to keep my job and work from home... it's pretty amazing how much life gets to go on as usual even when everything is different. A few holidays alone to ensure that my family stays alive is not a lot to give up, comparatively!

QOTD: What part of weight loss surgery makes you the most grateful? I am most grateful that I am facing hit a pandemic in a healthy body! I'm also so grateful that I can exist in society without drawing attention to myself for the wrong reasons. Blending in is nice :) But I am also grateful for all of the wonderful people I have met because of this surgery! I found great friends (and a pretty great boyfriend) from this site, which is a direct result of having surgery. What a funny and wonderful unintended side-effect!

Yesterday was another on track day! I spent an hour on both the elliptical and recumbent bike and ended the day at 937 calories and well below carb and fat goals. But for some unknown reason my weight was up a full pound this morning? Gah. I'm trying not to get into an all or nothing mind-set and say eff-it when I see Grim's mashed potatoes.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

momyshaver
on 11/25/20 3:12 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I hope that you and Everyone else here on OH can find some things to be thankful for even if things aren't the way we would like them to be this year. I am finding that despite any hardships or frustrations it only highlights how much I have to be thankful for and a reminder to not take things for granted. I have also found myself grateful to be facing this year in a body that is not morbidly obese. I remember faintly how helpless and lost in obesity I frequently felt. I never want to feel that way again, even after this pandemic passes, yk?! I am grateful that we have means at our disposal to battle this virus yet I am really frustrated that humanity being what it is, some things in large groups of people don't change. (I am looking at you, maskholes...) I also feel that what is being asked of most Americans is not too much to ask but I don't want to get political here. I am just feeling very weary of the impact of this year as most are. I think that all of us can relate to that.

I have been wanting to take my walks outside but it has been cold and rainy so I will probably keep it on the treadmill again today. I have some outside chores but it is just a muddy mess outside and frankly... GROSS, lol.

I ate more than I should have yesterday and woke up choking on bile. It was painful and gross. I will adjust sails accordingly today or suffer for it, lol.

White Dove
on 11/25/20 3:38 am - Warren, OH

What a beautiful tribute to how weight loss surgery has changed your life. It is strange how life puts us in the places where we find the people and things that seem meant to be. It is like each event in life is one thread in the entire fabric. And without each of those threads, the fabric would be completely different.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 11/25/20 9:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I once thought about how far back something happened that served as a catalyst - in which if it had turned out differently, I wouldn't have met DH. I decided it was probably in 1976, when my family moved to North Carolina. If we'd have stayed in Ohio, I would have likely never moved to Wisconsin - I'd probably be living in one of the urban areas of Ohio. There were definitely some other decisions made along the way, too, that led to my meeting him - but that's the earliest one I can think of.

Queen JB
on 11/25/20 2:34 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Did you ever see the movie Sliding Doors? Its about the random small moments that inform the rest of your life in major ways. It FREAKED ME OUT. Every time I miss the bus or something silly I wonder what the moments are that might or might not happen because of that little moment. Ahhh!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 11/25/20 2:42 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

oh wow - I'm going to look for that movie! (and no, I haven't seen it - but now I want to!)

White Dove
on 11/25/20 3:10 pm - Warren, OH

Sometimes I think if things had turned out differently the two of us would be neighbors.

I could see you living in Ohio close to me in Warren or maybe Kent.

I have told this before but my grandmother got sick on the morning that she was sailing from Ireland to the United States. They made her get off the ship and take the next ship instead. The ship that she was not allowed to sail on was the Titanic.

She arrived in New York on the Adriatic. Then the Adriatic sailed back to England carrying some of the passengers that had been rescued from the Titanic. My grandmother never would go on a boat again. Had she not gotten sick that morning, I doubt if I would ever had existed.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 11/26/20 6:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yes - there's a good chance the two of us would have lived close together! Or even if not, we would have definitely met in person by now!

I'll have to let you know if/when I'm back in the area. I still have cousins in the eastern Cleveland suburbs. Although they're Trumpers, so I'm not too excited about going to see them again - but I'm sure I'll be back at some point!

catwoman7
on 11/26/20 6:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S. We've talked about scattering some of my father's ashes on the Kent State campus (he got one of his degrees there and always LOVED KSU), so if nothing else, I'll be back to do that some day!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/25/20 3:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I an off today so of course I woke up at 248. I finally got out of bed about 4.

QOTD - so happy I got healthy before the pandemic started; that's on my mind quite a bit. I am also grateful for all the things I do now that I didn't before....I thought I didn't let my weight stop me from doing things but I do so much more now and so much easier.

Today I have to get the turkey breast, make the dessert experiment I"m making and that's pretty much it.

I think my menu for the day looks something like

cold brew skyr

smoked mozzarella and summer sausage

PB toast

I'm not sure if I'm going to do the incline/hike this morning before I pick up the turkey or if I'll do the rower when I get back, but it will be one of the two. Might be a bit too muddy for a hike.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 265 views