Whats on Your Saturday Menu ( n Exercise ?)

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/20 7:29 am, edited 11/28/20 9:11 am
RNY on 01/01/14

As always I WISH I could cleverly upload a meme !

Ah well.. I'm a little ( maybe medium sized ... ) frustrated ...the tank's growing algae ... I can't figure out the app controls ...I have to get a water maker ( reverse osmosis water filter because duh... water evaporates and you can't put tap water in ! ( Why didn't I think of this before ?! ) and a sand cleaner and a refractometer ....200 bux easy more like three ! GRRRR

Turns out - reef tanks ain't no inexpensive hobby. Most people pay a guy to make a water change every month- minimum 100 bux ... yikes- and I guess he tests and adds the right chemicals to keep the sitch under control. UGH !

Then the Mommy cat is rejecting the little ones ( probably cuz they're growing teeth now ) so we're rapidly approaching feeding real food , litter training and protecting the handmade silk rug they're currently crawling on . OY !

This morning I ate some caramel custard FF but full sugar and DUMPED for the first time in forever . What a HORRIBLE feeling !

Still sleeping in the easy chair ... its like I'm REBELLING except without food or alcohol as an excuse ! Well ... its good to know I can act satisfyingly BAD without acting OUT destructively .

Sooner or later ( hope sooner ) I'll get off my pity pot by actually attempting to Solve these problems .

Goal for today - first visit to a sal****er aquarium shop . Learning about maintaining reef aquariums on you tube. Finish Yale course I started last week. Maybe start a FINRA course. Water the plants on three patios maybe - work on second bedroom. Send out list for estimate on plumbing ( now including installing Reverse Osmosis System permanently under a sink - it has to also be connected to the plumbing like a garbage disposal !

B- chai tea latte , peaceful, self- accepting relax-a-cat time ( that means just let myself veg a bit - no use beating a dead horse ! When it gets bored enuf it'll run again )

S- marinated cilantro/lime shrimp avocado toast

L- maybe eat out for a change . Finished all the Thanksgiving stuff - really feel like eating Chinese . Maybe I can talk Dad into getting take-out :) since Sunday is far the best day at the local buffet ( yes I know that's tomorrow- its just gonna take THAT long 2 persuade 'im lol)

D-TBD - nothing carby. Right now the very IDEA of a sweet or a starch makes me shudder

White Dove
on 11/28/20 9:07 am - Warren, OH

Hobbies always end up taking more time and money than we anticipate. There used to be a saying that the happiest day of a man's life if the day he bought his boat and the second happiest day was the day he sold the boat to someone else.

I used to have cats with kittens. They would quickly learn to eat kitten food and the mother cat would do the litter box training. If the mother does not carry them to the litterbox, you can put them in and they instinctively know what to do, They were always so much fun to watch, because they get so full of energy and then sleep so soundly.

I make my own Chinese food. There was a recipe on here a few weeks back for a beef with bok choy that was excellent. I cut the recipe in half. I think it cost me less than $10 and about 15 minutes to prepare and was enough for several meals.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 11/28/20 9:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Good morning weekenders! (it's still technically morning out here in the Upper Midwest - or at least for 20 more minutes!)

the two lbs I gained on Thanksgiving Day is gone as of today! YAY! Did very well yesterday with eating. And I will today as well. It'll be warm out this afternoon (or warm for Wisconsin, anyway - 52 degrees), so I'll go for a long walk or a bike ride. I did a Body Pump class this morning on Zoom - but I modified it (at least you can do that on zoom classes when they can't see you!). I don't really need to do 100 repetitions of everything - this ain't cardio - you get the same benefit from 50 squats as you do from 100 - and they sometimes do things too fast -not good. You're supposed to do weights slowly and deliberately, according to my friend with a PhD in Exercise Physiology. But I did follow the instructor for the most part - just doing things more slowly - and when she was doing things that I didn't think were particularly safe for me (I have osteoporosis), I substituted something else - usually one of the exercises from my "senior strength-training" class that targets the same muscle group. At least having the Zoom class on - even if I'm not following it exactly - gets me exercising.

not much else on tap for today...

TSS: 5y5m

B: plain Greek yogurt with cranberry/cherry sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: pumpkin Fit Frappe

L: 1 C chicken salad (made with plain Greek yogurt)

AS: L&F yogurt with raspberries - or maybe a protein pumpkin muffin

D: 2 oz turkey, 2 T each of stuffing and sweet potato casserole. Piece of pumpkin pie (maybe have this for a snack instead)

have a great day, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

MadisonRose
on 11/28/20 10:50 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Happy Saturday all! I am just plain worn out today. Spent all day yesterday at some outdoor Christmas event with the parents. They had different food vendors there and the parents chose bbq so I got a bbq pulled pork sandwich without the bun and baked beans for lunch. Ate half of it and had the other half for dinner. So hopefully I didn't go over my calories too much. We also did a lot of walking and went Christmas shopping after and did even more walking so at least I feel like I got my exercise in for the day. Good news is I finally completed my Christmas shopping! Thank God! Also realized that yesterday was the first day in forever that I actually had no snacks between meals. Just breakfast lunch and a late dinner. Guess I was just so busy yesterday and as soon as I got back home I finished decorating my tree. Before I knew it it was going for 9 and I hadn't eaten dinner yet.

Ended up getting a horrible migraine last night though. Haven't had one like this in forever! I decided to wait it out to see if it got better which was a huge mistake because once I finally took my migraine medicine it took forever for the pain to go away. I don't like taking the medicine because it makes me feel so yucky! Always causes pain in my chest and arms and I break out into a cold sweat and feel so nauseous. Blah....was up until 5 this morning tossing and turning before I finally got some sleep. On the bright side I'm down 3 of my regain pounds. 5 more to go to get back to where I originally was. Sigh...

B/L: since I woke up so dang late just having the usual coffee w/Splenda & sf creamer x 2 and a protein shake

D: either leftover baked salmon or leftover Thanksgiving turkey and trimmings

S: maybe an apple, L&F Greek yogurt or more coffee

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views