What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/24/20 3:03 am, edited 12/24/20 3:33 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morining all! I made it though my last day of meetings before the holiday break, yesterday and thankfully they all went smoothly & quickly so I was not as tired last night as I had been feeling after the other days.

I am taking today off and we are being elves all over the state :) We are starting with bringing presents to Grim's daughter, then heading to my parents. We're staying outside to exchange, and we are lucky because temps are on the rise here and should be in the high 40s. Phew, because tomorrow's wether is going to be terrible--they will be a huge storm with hurricane force winds and they are expecting power outages across the state. We better be able to watch WW84, haha. That is our only plan for the day tomorrow!

Today is also my mom's birthday! We have a 25+ year tradition of going to a very fancy Christmas High Tea together to celebrate her birthday, but of course we couldn't do it this year, so I found a company in CA that sends the entire high tea in dry ice. They even sent a 3 tier treat stand for her to set everything up on. How cute! Anyway, it was delivered a few days ago and she is going to share it with us today. Not exactly our High Tea tradition, but we are making it work :) She was SO EXCITED when she opened the package.

QOTD: Do you have any birthday traditions with family members? I've already answered mine ^^. Mom is the only one I can think of!

I was off plan again, yesterday. Like I said--I will need to spend my weekends getting waaaaaay more organized about planing better grab and go meals for when I am back to work and in these back to back meetings without breaks starting again in January.

No plan today, exactly. I will start the day with my yummy egg white, mushroom, basil & goat cheese breakfast. Lunch will be whatever we get from the High Tea box--there will be little finger sandwiches, and bite sized scones and desserts. I don't think we have a plan for dinner, yet and maybe we'll be full enough to skip it?

**Edit: Grim just made me some Christmas Eve bacon for breakfast... so... that's how we are rolling over here :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/24/20 4:30 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Christmas Eve everyone!

That's my late cat Otis...he was the bestest cat ever.

Lots to do today...not looking forward to it! I'm full on grinch mode for myself. I have to make a couple of pies and a dirt cake(it's what the kids want...lol). I have no idea what I'll be eating today but hopefully at least it'll be dairy and gluten free. I feel like poop from my bad eating but it's my own fault.

I just need to finish the final gifts if the package that's supposed to be delivered today will actually be delivered. Who knows if that'll happen!

I doubt I'll be online much tomorrow other than listening to music on my iPad...so Merry Christmas everyone! I hope we all make the best out of our cir****tances and find some kind of joy this long weekend!

Melody P.
on 12/24/20 4:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Opps qotd!

no big traditions here. I usually make my mom a lemon meringue pie and my brother a egg custard pie...

Emiepie
on 12/24/20 5:34 am
RNY on 08/11/14

What a cute baby!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

supershopper
on 12/24/20 4:30 am

so JB I think we got your monsoon here in north GA- I felt like we were going to have go swim out but the French drains appear to be holding and we have power. I actually wasn't sure at one point whether it was ice or not. and the house isn't flooding but I haven't checked the garage.

I need to cook some veggies I bought before we leave so they don't spoil. I think its just stir fry stuff and a big purple cauli that I will put in the IP

food will be eating leftover since we are going today or tomm morning to my moms for a day or so.

b: coffee/premier

protein French toast with strawberries

b2: unsure

l: leftover stirfry veggies/no rice and some teriyaki chicken

s: yogurt with fiber one cereal?

d:

s:

QOTD: nothing here...

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Dcgirl
on 12/24/20 5:19 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Julia that high tea set sounds amazing. Love that! My parents didn't want any "things" so I made a donation for he humane society in their name (and my company matches it!) and used the Goldbelly app to ship them a bagel and lox and whitefish salad spread from a famous NY deli (my mom was born and raised in Brooklyn). I think it will be pretty special when it arrives. It's a great app for helping restaurants across the country make money. Not cheap, but a good idea for the people on your list who have errrything!

Growing up, our tradition was latkes on Christmas Eve (atheist mom who was raised Jewish and liked the food) and then we would pile in the car and drive around and look at Christmas lights in all the fancy neighborhoods. Then we would go home and read Christmas books. Even when we got older my mom wanted us to do this and we grumbled but now I get it! These days our tradition is to do Christmas TODAY! Normally we have the kids on the 24th and then they go to their moms in the afternoon for 24 hours and then come back to us for the entire break. But since no family is visiting, and we have them 90% due to remote learning, they will go to their moms this afternoon for the weekend. It should be a good mix of houses over the holidays.

But man I'm realizing how spoiled they are! They have a full on Christmas here today and another one tomorrow!!!

Meals are up in the air. I will have a small piece of coffee cake at breakfast and some cheddar cheese and spicy peppers. Lunch - no clue! Dinner I may get take out. I've been cooking a whole ton and it would feel great to get some Thai food to cover two meals for us!

I hope even though this doesn't look like Christmas past, you all find ways to make zoom memories and stay healthy and safe. Happy holidays!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/24/20 5:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Enjoy your Christmas Eve day! Sounds like you will have a good day and what a thoughtful gift for your Mom's birthday!

I am making my traditional Christmas cookies (almond balls) because DS requires it, but it will be a small batch. Today, tomorrow and Sunday will include visits with immediate "bubble" groups and probably eating stuff I shouldn't. My weight is not good mostly due to my depressed attitude.

Have a good Christmas Eve everyone!

QOTD: We always try to get together for a celebratory meal for birthdays, but that is really the only "tradition".

TSS: 4 years, 9 months

B: Coffee!!! eggs and light toast

L: tunafish and cottage cheese

D: ????

S: ????

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 12/24/20 5:32 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and happy Friday-Eve and Christmas Eve. We are working 1/2 day so it should go by quickly. I hope you all stay safe and warm and cozy during the projected storm. We don't have much planned aside from some movie watching and game playing. I might even find a nap in there sometime this weekend.

Accountability: Better, I did have some protein granola and PB crackers in addition to my plan.

QOTD: Love that you were able to carry on your tradition in some way for your mom- made me happy! We don't really have any traditions now or when I was growing up. Kinda changes year to year.

TSS: 6 years, 4 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Grilled pork loin, salad, and a honeycrisp apple

S: Aldi cheese wrap with turkey, a pear, and carbmaster cottage cheese

D: Birch benders pancakes, eggbeaters, turkey sausage, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal and toast

E: 1 hour treadmill run and 1 hour elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1543 Protein: 139 Carbs:120 Fat: 66

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 12/24/20 6:13 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

JB - that high tea sounds wonderful and scrumptious! Share pics when your mom sends them.

I've been spotty with posting. Busy with nothing, really! Both kids are home and I'm happy. We actually celebrate Xmas eve, not so much Xmas day. So today will be spent in delivering some local presents and prepping all the food for the dinner tonight. Usually we have a big party at our house but this year will be just the four of us, for which I'm not complaining. We will open some presents tonight, at midnight, and the rest tomorrow morning with a side of cinnamon rolls made by DH.

QOTD: DH's bday is 12/22; growing up he says his family combined his bday and Xmas together and he always felt short changed. So I always make a big deal of his bdays and make sure no matter how busy the holiday season is that his bday is felt like his bday and not a portion of Xmas celebration. Also, growing up my mom made a big deal of all of our bdays so I try and continue that tradition, although by the time my kids turned 16 they asked me to pipe down...sheesh!

Accountability: I have been eating left and right with no tracking, and that's really bad. At this point I'm just trying to control the sweets and not have too many.

I don't think I will be logging in for the next 3-4 days, so wishing all who celebrate a very merry Xmas!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/24/20 7:20 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Merry Christmas! My brother's birthday is on 12/27 and my mother always wanted to make sure he didn't feel shortchanged. So when he was young she did what seemed like a bigger celebration than my other brother and I had for our birthdays 2 days after Christmas (probably wasn't bigger, but you know a kids viewpoint). Of course over time, the two celebrations ended up being combined.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 426 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 376 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
Queen JB · 34 replies · 225 views
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics