What's on your Tuesday Menu?

catwoman7
on 12/29/20 9:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yes - take time off when offered! DH is also guilty of working when he doesn't have to (even on vacation days sometimes - drives me insane!!). After burning out of a couple of jobs, I learned NOT to do that! Luckily, my last supervisor set a good example for us- unless there was some big project going on that had to be done by a certain time, she always left work by 5:00, and she always used her vacation days....so the rest of us felt comfortable doing the same!

Emiepie
on 12/29/20 11:45 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm trying to retrain how I think. Not feeling guilty feels weird.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 12/29/20 7:28 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

I stayed on track yesterday, but I hit over 1100 calories, even though I skipped the toffee bite. But it's waiting there for me tonight! It's the last night my Dad is here, so it's also the last night in 7 days that I feel obligated to put three full meals on the table a day. The hubs is going to be disappointed tomorrow me thinks. I'm still being a slug, not a minute put towards exercise. Trying to focus.

We've had a big rain storm, and I have two roof leaks. On the positive side, both leak into our bathtubs. On the negative, we live in a historic district and need permission to replace the roofs. So it's expensive and a pain in the ass. I made myself send over all the documents already this morning to try to get them moving forward with permission. Hopefully we can get approval before too much damage occurs.

QOTD: I have nothing planned. Probably a glass of wine and bedtime shortly after the NYC ball drop. Of course, I'll set an alarm for midnight, so we can call our oldest son and wish him Happy Birthday. Oh! And unforeseen treat, he's going to be in San Diego, so we get to have birthday dinner with him on the 1st. Now that's something to look forward to. He's a spirits rep and lives in Vegas. What a life that dude has.

Menu:

B: 1/2 hamburger patty and strip of bacon (I will use up all these left overs, dammit!)

L: left over shepard's pie

D: ham and bean soup. Bite of cornbread.

S: wine and toffee bite.

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Emiepie
on 12/29/20 7:43 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yikes, two leaks?!? I hope you're able to get them repaired quickly.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/29/20 11:41 am, edited 12/30/20 5:18 am

To avoid possible damage due to rain - verify if you can put temporary tarps on the roof, in the places it is leaking.

One of my rentals, the renters were really late with the rent, then paid only part, and they did not tell me that the roof was leaking. By the time I was able to see it, some of the rafters were already damaged, and most of the ceiling in one room.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lisa91941
on 12/29/20 11:46 am
RNY on 10/29/19

thank you, I appreciate the info! One of the leaks is in a super challenging location. Thank goodness this is San Diego and we have a break before there is more rain...

MadisonRose
on 12/29/20 8:12 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Guys I am a mess right now and freaking out! My weight is up...way up. My eating has been out of control and to add fuel to the fire it's that time of the month so I feel bloated and gross! I did NOT even want to post because I am so ashamed and I so hate my body right now. I'd give anything to wake up and have this all be a nightmare! I have so much leftover food in the fridge that I need to eat before it goes bad....not really unhealthy foods, it's just that I am afraid to put anything in my body right now. No matter how I put my menu into MyFitnessPal I seem to go over my calorie limit. I need a reset to get all of this junk out of my system. Maybe just all liquids today. I am so damn mad at myself right now and am in tears! I don't even have a menu because I don't even know what I'm going to eat today. I've had coffee so far and that's it. So I don't know how today is gonna go.

Sorry for the vent session. I just needed to get that out. I swear it's not fair that it takes like a month to lose just one pound and yet I can gain ten in less that a week!

QOTD: No plans for New Years. NYE is usually a quiet evening at home in front of the tv. New Year's Day my mom usually has us over for dinner. That's pretty much it.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Lisa91941
on 12/29/20 8:38 am, edited 12/29/20 12:40 am
RNY on 10/29/19

MadisonRose,

Take a deep breath. This is just a bump in the road. A moment of a season in time. You have the skill set you need, and you have the will power and strength to tackle this. Concentrate on your lean proteins and water. Weigh everything out, and pay attention while you are eating. Remember to take time to actually taste your food and reflect with gratitude on your ability to fuel your body.

We are all rooting for you and know you will get back on track. Take a walk or do a yoga video or a hot bath. Just be kind to yourself and your body. It's working hard for you. Don't go to extremes, just go back to your program. Breathe....

Edited to add: Start freezing things in single serving sizes! It helps with portion control and saves food waste.

hugs!

catwoman7
on 12/29/20 10:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm not sure if you were exaggerating when you said you gained 10 lbs in a week or not, but if you weren't, then that was certainly NOT true weight, unless you have eaten 35,000 calories above and beyond what it takes to maintain your body weight. It's likely a lot of that is water and/or full intestines. Just get back to basics and slam the fluids. Any water weight should be gone in a couple of days - then you can deal with real weight gain, which may only be a couple of pounds. You can do it!!!

Partlypollyanna
on 12/29/20 10:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am working on not feeling like I have to eat all the food in the fridge, just because I have it. I feel that way a lot because everything makes leftovers but it's not true. On the days that my guilt from "wasting" food by not eating it is high, I make a cash donation to tbr local food bank as well as throw the left overs away.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 455 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?