What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/30/20 1:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! What's the haps? I had a surprisingly busy day yesterday. Principals definitely took Monday off but they were back on email yesterday! I laughed when I had 4 emails come through from 4 different principals in a 10 minute period--they are back, lol. Technically they all have this week off, but they are also finishing their budgets and gearing up for the meetings that start next week, so they never really get the full week off. It's too bad because they are exhausted and could really use a real break.

QOTD: The vaccines are coming! But what is a new habit or thing you learned from the pandemic that you want to keep, even after we return to "normal" life? Obviously I would love to have our office allow us to continue to work from home at least a few times a week, because I really haven't missed my commute... but even if I do have to commute every day again, I hope I can keep some of the better routines I have been able to create. I also have to say that while I REALLY missed having all of my family here for holidays, it was really nice not to host and cook and entertain and clean like a maniac before and after! I do want to host again, but I would like to figure out how to be a little less frantic about it, because it was really nice to have the holidays be chill and quiet. I need more of that!

Two days in a row of back on track, food-wise for me. Thank god. I kept calories under 800 on M & T. I'm still having a hard time getting back to a real exercise routine, but I have done a little something every day and I am trying not to beat myself up about not doing more. I think I will just try to do a little more than I did the day before...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

supershopper
on 12/30/20 4:24 am

well it was time to pay the piper (step on the scale) I was shocked I didn't gain 900 pounds in the last week. last time I weighed was dec 23- and today and i'm actually down 2 pounds but not the lowest yet of this loss. I guess my somewhat 'moderation' worked out. I also have been super slack on working out. I was going 4 days a week I'm more like 1-2 now... and not moving as much. the one gym lapsed and I have not renewed. planed finess is still active but further away from home in the other town.

QOTD: probably the not going out as much, less family obligations, working from home.

food plan today: more of what I did yesterday

b: coffee with premier

shake with fiber one cereal on top

b2: egg/egg whites/apple

l: chicken /veggies

d:dh will not want chicken again so probably turkey breast/maybe rice for him?

s: unsure. going to try NOT doing a shake in case that is causing the gas.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Queen JB
on 12/30/20 4:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Congrats on your 2lbs! That's awesome! Interesting that you lost a little with less vigilance. I talked again to the psych last night who is part of the WLS team and she suggested that I take a break from planning for a few days and see if it helps. I am super skeptical, but she almost has me convinced that being hyper-vigilant about compliance is actually too taxing...which makes me tired... which makes me less compliant in the end. Curious if you think that is the cycle you were in, too?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

supershopper
on 12/30/20 5:28 am

for the longest time after surgery I was a robot OCD food person. I was obsessive and would freak when things weren't exactly what I asked for (food wise). plus I was ravenously hungry. Then I got to a point where the dr said - eat 1200 calories, then I started gaining because I would eat way under for xxx days, then not sleep at night and eat instead. finally that period in my life ended and I started sleeping and had the caloric tests done because at 1500 calories and working out, I was not compliant then gained more. was thinking I could eat more then be 'more' compliant. the tests said 1650 plus working out would let me lose and yet again,, no. scale wasn't budging. I was busting it in the gym 4 days a week and still the scale wasn't moving.

it wasn't until October when I started WW that I really started eating till I felt the blip again then stop. I was overeating before and not stopping when I felt it. i wanted to keep eating... I also tend eat between meals and they usually aren't 'meat' but snack related. so eating actual food like veggies/meat every 2-3 hours has helped.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Teenie
on 12/30/20 10:33 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

2lbs that is a Christmas miracle. Congratulations!!!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Dcgirl
on 12/30/20 4:58 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Such a funny question, Julia. Nothing! Well, maybe shaking hands because some people don't wash theirs enough. It I can't wait for hugs and travel and concerts and friends and family. I also can't wait to not look at myself on zoom everyday. I can't wait for my vaccine so I can go back to group classes. I'm creating my own free group classes on zoom but I get a ton of energy from being in a room with a bunch of women kicking butt at Zumba!

I just did a 40 minute workout on zoom with my trainer and now I'm leading one in 35 minutes for friends. My arms are jelly. This should be fun. I'm deciding between the Hallie Berry or the 7 Up. Yep, my routines have names.

Funny story, a friend joined yesterday with her kids and I have this totally NSFW playlist of 2000s hip hop music like DMX and i felt so bad but she was like "nah they don't understand anything" lol

Eats today include a total splurge. I ordered NYC H&H bagels and whitefish spread from Goldbelly after my parents said it was amazing. That will be a well-deserved breakfast. And then lunch is leftover tuna made with too much ref onion and I don't mind a bit. The kids have been begging for chipotle for dinner. I may just eat something here.

I have a hair appt today hallelujah. It's too too long. Gotta glide into 2021 as less of a slob!

Have a great day all!

Erin T.
on 12/30/20 5:20 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! Yesterday was a supremely lazy day that included finishing a book, playing cards with my kiddo, and taking a bath in the jacuzzi tub AND going in the hot tub (my skin does not love me now). Today is supposed to be 55 and sunny so I'm hoping to take a short walk - I can't walk too far yet and I'm not allowed on loose sand, so my options are limited. I did have Telehealth PT and was moved forward to doing some strength and core work, which is nice. I'm strongly considering purchasing a spin bike. I have loved my upright stationary bike and would like something to move forward with. But, it's hard to opt to pay the money - and I would not be buying a Peloton - I personally think that's crazy money.

QOTD: I'd like to continue to primarily work from home. I'm also looking forward to being in the office occasionally and sitting in an actual conference room with people. Maybe Fall 2021 or early 2022.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream
  • Eggs, Sweet Potato, Sour Cream
  • It's Seafood Day! Crab & Shrimp boil!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Christina135
on 12/30/20 5:28 am

Good morning, Happy Wednesday!

QOTD - I think life has changed (for me) in a way that there's just no going back to what I felt was "normal". I was a huge concert going before, and sadly I think that's changed. I don't know that I will ever be okay going and standing/sitting in a venue with hundreds of people packed in, regardless of the performer. I don't know that I will ever go back to shaking hands, or not carrying hand sanitizer, etc. Looking back I guess I have always been a little bit of a germaphobe (thankfully I have always been a fastidious hand washer) and I know that won't change. I think this pandemic has really shifted focus to what can and will happen with a simple "virus". Truth be told, I don't know. I guess take it one day at a time. However, I cannot WAIT to get that vaccine. As soon as it's available for me, yes please!

Breakfast - fasting so water, hot black coffee

Lunch - fruit smoothie

Snack - apple with peanut butter

Snack - pepitas with dried fruit, crackers with vegan cheese and tofurkey ham

Dinner - vegan pizza

Happy Wednesday y'all!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

MadisonRose
on 12/30/20 6:09 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! I'd like to thank everyone who gave me words of encouragement yesterday during my mini weight gain meltdown. I was down 4 pounds this morning so I think a lot of it was water weight thank goodness! But I just freaked out when I saw that number on the scale yesterday! I know I have a few pounds of actual fat regain pounds to lose, but it's not as drastic as I thought! Phew! Today is my first day back at work oh joy!

Accountability was good yesterday. I filled up on protein shakes, coffee, fruits, veggies and yogurt and ended the day around 800 calories. Hopefully today will be the same!

QOTD: Can't really think of anything other than I'd love to continue working from home!

B: Coffee w/Splenda x 2

B2: fit frappe & 1 slice of Ezekiel toast w/1 tblspoon of peanut butter

L: 2 oz chicken breast & a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: leftover gumbo

S: L&F Greek yogurt & fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Teenie
on 12/30/20 10:37 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

So glad we could help. Keep up the good work. We are here for you doll.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 382 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 272 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics