What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/4/21 2:14 am, edited 1/4/21 4:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Welcome back to the real world, friends. I hope you all had a nice long weekend. I just wish every weekend could be a 3 day weekend... it's perfect, right? My 3 days were a great combination of organizing and relaxing! Yay! I can't say I am "ready" for this crazy week to begin, but I do feel rested, so that is a nice start.

Quick note: I made a decision to take a short break from starting the thread for a few weeks, starting on Thursday. I did the same thing last year during this wildly busy season--there are just not enough hours in the day to do it all! This year's total madness should end a little sooner, though--I think its really just a 2.5 week period that feels impossible! If you don?t see a thread before 6am EST, please feel free to get us started.

QOTD: What macros do you track and pay attention to? How did you decide on the right balance? Do you think you have it right? I pay attention to calories, carbs, fat & protein. If you have been following my saga for awhile you know I have been playing around with these for awhile and my NUT recently gave me a new combo to follow. It?s been a lot of work to keep calories so low, but I am having a hard time hitting the balance for rest of her desired macros. It takes a lot of planning on MFP over the weekend to get each day close to her goals for me Anyway, I am losing again on this new plan which is great, however it's frustrating to realize there is no way around it-- I will have to be under 800 calories for the rest of my life in order not to regain up to my high weight again. Not gonna lie--that's a hard pill to swallow.

My accountability over the weekend was nearly perfect with food. I did break out a treat last night, but I didn't even like it, so I threw half away. I am still being sort of obstinate about exercise. I have made myself do something every day but I admit that I am still not pushing myself. But a little something is better than nothing, so I need to keep that up during the busy season coming up--I can't let that be an excuse!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/4/21 2:31 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning! Happy Monday and Happy 2021! I am back to work today and in spite of my best intentions, I didn't do any work while I was on vacation; I worked out a lot, read a lot of books and watched way too much TV and cleaned house but no work. I'll pay for that today and this week, I know.

QOTD - I track protein and carbs; protein to make sure I get my protein requirements and carbs because I feel better under 30.

menu for today is:

B - 4 oz ever roast chicken plus 1 oz cheese

L - left over pizza casserole, .5 cup

D - 3 oz taco beef and 1 oz cheese

S - half and half in my coffee X 3, L&F Greek, 1 C warm fair life with SF syrup

Ex - 30 minute studio rowing session before work, plus pushups and plank series and handstand

Have a wonderful Monday and start to the work week, everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 1/4/21 5:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm glad you didn't work! Today might be rough but I'm sure you'll catch up in no time and you deserved the time away.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

KalesD
on 1/4/21 2:44 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

busy month begins - it's busy for me as a 'part time' employee I'm no longer used to working full time hours, but the next two months has be busting ass everyday. It's not a bad thing though - work helps keep me accountable to my food journal.

QOTD: I've been given advice to track protein only - my goal is between 60-80g a day. I would feel better if I was given other macronutrient goals to follow as that's how my brain works best - so I do find what you guys post to be helpful. I try to keep my carbs under 40g as it also just makes me feel better overall and I'm finding that 72oz of water a day is a happy place for me.

b:protein pancakes

s: fairlife London fog

l: broccoli frittata

S: turkey jalapeño meatballs

d: turkey tacos

S: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

White Dove
on 1/4/21 3:16 am - Warren, OH

For the first two and a half to three years, just tracking protein is an excellent choice. As time goes on, malabsorption and restriction got away and then it is much more important to track calories, fat, and carbs.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 1/4/21 4:19 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I agree with White Dove!

This early out, you could not possibly overdo the other macros if you are hitting your protein goal, unless you started eating really high sugar things like candy and ice cream, or ""slider carbs" like crackers and popcorn. Just ask yourself if everything you are eating is working toward the protein goal. If it isn't, reevaluate whether you need it. If you stay focused on putting all of your calories towards protein now, you'll be fine!

It's the tricky time when you hit goal (or are close) and malabsorption stops that it's important to find the right macro balance!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 1/4/21 7:03 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Did you make the Jalapeno Meatballs from the recipe posted here on OH? How do you like them?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

KalesD
on 1/4/21 7:26 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Yes I did! They're delicious!

Surgery 09/30/20

KalesD
on 1/4/21 2:49 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Sending you positive vibes! It's never easy to stay consistent when times get tough. I know you can and will do what you need to do to keep yourself accountable.

Surgery 09/30/20

supershopper
on 1/4/21 3:02 am

hi all

JB- I think we are going through the same.

I did get some food prep done and will have the following this week: chicken veg soup, chicken hot dogs, chicken sausage, chicken breast, more veggies, egg whites, frigo light cheese, joseph pitas, apples, pears, smart cakes, chicken taco, tuna, and yogurt.

I didn't sleep last night and have been up since 1:30. I even took something with no results... so we will see how today plays out.

QOTD: im on weigh****chers still and have been entering the last week into MFP also. I think WW is good but you can eat a crap ton of zero points and still be over for the day and not lose. so that is why ive been entering into MFP. apparently I have to be around 1200 so i'm going to stay in this range and see what happens. I also have not been super great at exercise so need to figure it out for this month and moving forward what I want to do.

food today:

B; coffee with premier protein

egg whites/frigo cheese/joseph pita

L: chicken breast, zuchinni, shirataki noodle

s: apple/smart cake

d: either a chicken sausage/egg whites or chicken taco or tuna salad

s: rest of premier protein/yogurt/pbfit

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 471 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 90 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?